Time to talk about 2021 golfing goals?

tony@CIC

2 hours ago, CarlH said:

My goal for 2021 is to shoot my age (69).  It's a lofty goal, but my birthday is in September, so it will become one stroke easier then 🙂  

It's a race!!  You have to shoot lower than I do, but you have a lower index.  I've got older bones!!  😀

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

One of my 2020 goals was to lower my handicap below 10. I’m currently sitting at a 5.5. Mission accomplished. I hit a funk in late 2019/early 2020 and had to get some lessons to fix my grip and steep swing at impact. Continual work in progress, but here are some goals for me for 2021.

1) Continue to work on my swing. I struggle to hit my 4i-6i consistently. Shallowing out and club position at impact is a focus. Matt11 

2) Consistently break 80. I have averaged a round in the 70s maybe 1 out of every 6 rounds right now.

3) Raise my GIR percentage. I’m a good scrambler and can get up and down, but I don’t like to rely on that. 

4) Stay in better shape/injury free. I finally was able to get a push cart after everything was sold out during the beginning part of Covid. Outside of a couple months with heat of the summer, I’ll be walking as much as possible.

Bonus: get rid of my hand me down Adams woods and get fit for a hybrid/wood combo.

That's a huge jump from 10 to 5.5 in less than a year!!  Nice job!  You should bottle and sell that!!

• Like 9

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Putting: way too many 3 putts. If I could pull up the cumulative data, I'll bet that I was in the high 2's (2.8?) for avg. putts/hole. According to Peltz, 40% of the strokes are putts, but a club we practice the least. That's a true statement for me. My practice sessions are in order: SW, 7i, hybrid or wood and driver. Time to change that up. How? I haven't figured that out yet but I do know that if I lowered it into an avg of low 2's that would be a breakthrough.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Even though it's been a long time since College, I still remember my Statistic's class Professor telling us; believe in God, everyone else bring data.

I lamented in my original post that I needed to make an significant improvement in putting and thought I was in the high 2's . Maybe 2.8, avg. well I figured out how to get the averages for 2020 in GHIN - the feature was put in place in 2020. Turns out I average 33 putts per 18 hole round that comes out to an average of 1.85/hole. This doesn't mean I shouldn't continue to practice putting, but more emphasis on my work with my wood/hybrid game along with my wedge game.
IMG_6105.JPG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 8

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My goals are probably along the lines of everyone else. Get my handicap down.

However, to do that, I need some lessons and I'll be talking to one of the best pros in the area in January. I need to focus on my driver and short game.

Also looking at replacing the driver and wedges. I know what I want, I just have to see if they fit and pull the trigger.

• Like 9

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

48 minutes ago, MattF said:

My goals are probably along the lines of everyone else. Get my handicap down.

However, to do that, I need some lessons and I'll be talking to one of the best pros in the area in January. I need to focus on my driver and short game.

Also looking at replacing the driver and wedges. I know what I want, I just have to see if they fit and pull the trigger.

Care to share more info on your instructor. 

• Like 5

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy