Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PNC Father Son Thing

Shankster

I am going to tune in for this, switching back and forth from football today.

Hopefully catch some players other than Tiger and Charlie.  I’d like to see Greg Norman and Son... but I have a feeling the cameras will be dialed in on Big and Lil’ Cat.

50 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I am going to tune in for this, switching back and forth from football today.

Hopefully catch some players other than Tiger and Charlie.  I’d like to see Greg Norman and Son... but I have a feeling the cameras will be dialed in on Big and Lil’ Cat.

I'll be doing the same thing. It's fun to watch the kids. I'll be pulling for big and little John.

I will be watching before and maybe after the Clemson game. Should be fun to watch. I’m hoping to see some of the older guys get some good shots it. It will be fun to watch Charlie though, his swing looks pure. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 minute ago, silver & black said:

I'll be doing the same thing. It's fun to watch the kids. I'll be pulling for big and little John.

Yeah.  Little John is going to be a force I think, I bet he is on tour at some point.

but first... I am going to the range.  I don’t know when the last time I hit a full shot was.  

Seeing all this spotlight on Charlie Woods, it’ll be interesting how much Tiger tries to protect Charlie from the spotlight. I get it, you’re the son of the GOAT, but how much does Tiger protect Charlie from the media the older he gets?

I mean he’s 11 years old and the media is already saying “the future of golf is in great hands” and “when will he win his first Masters”. Charlie’s swing is nails and looks great, I just hope it doesn’t backfire.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Tiger and Charlie both hit the fairway on first hole. Charlie made the birdie putt. So the first tee nerves weren't a factor. 

Its on Peacock at 1:00. Then over to network TV at 2:30

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Seeing all this spotlight on Charlie Woods, it’ll be interesting how much Tiger tries to protect Charlie from the spotlight. I get it, you’re the son of the GOAT, but how much does Tiger protect Charlie from the media the older he gets?

I mean he’s 11 years old and the media is already saying “the future of golf is in great hands” and “when will he win his first Masters”. Charlie’s swing is nails and looks great, I just hope it doesn’t backfire.

Kid is a mini talent but he’s still a kid. Like you I hope it stays positive.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

His skill level for his age is really something to behold but as others have mentioned he is only 11 and I think many folks need to tone done their expectations...

Personally, I think Tiger is handling the whole situation very well and in the right way...

I'm looking forward to watching later on. Have both days set for recording as I have a few other things going on this weekend...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

I’ve only been watching for only 15 minutes and I’m impressed with a lot of the Pros young Kids.

Rick

Left Hand, 

I have never been a Tiger fan, but will have to say his kid impressed me!

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Late to this party. I love big and little john every year they are playing together. JD is probably my favorite golfer as I’ve said before (him and Tiger are the duo I always enjoyed watching).

watchinf Charlie and tiger though is incredible though. Just a great event all around

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Late to this party. I love big and little john every year they are playing together. JD is probably my favorite golfer as I’ve said before (him and Tiger are the duo I always enjoyed watching).
watchinf Charlie and tiger though is incredible though. Just a great event all around

Watch the Kuchar Team, Cameron Kuch is really good.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great they raise charity money but I’m not a fan of watching father/mother-son/daughter events or pro-AMs for that matter. If I watch golf this weekend (vs NFL) it’ll be the CME Group LPGA event. YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 minute ago, Shankster said:

Have they shown the Trevino’s or Normans on TV?  I can watch Tiger any time what about these guys?  I’d like to see them for at least a dang few holes.

saw them both a few times in the hour or so i watched yesterday. they showed the normans a good bit because they were the leader in the clubhouse for a little while. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

7 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Which broadcast?

i was watching it on NBC yesterday 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

17 hours ago, GaDawg said:

I have never been a Tiger fan, but will have to say his kid impressed me!

I'm neither a Tiger fan or non-fan but no one can dispute his place in golf history.  And yes, "Char" (media is already using a nickname) looks to have gotten a ton of Dad's golf DNA.  I fully expect to see him in junior golf, possibly U.S Amateur events, college, and, in all likelihood, PGA tours.  Yesterday they were mentioning how Tiger has been being a bit protective of him and his concerns about over-the-top expectations... totally understandable.  I also found JT's comments about him were and that "he loves to trash talk" 😆.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Did I just hear that correctly?  Justin Leonard saying "Bubba Watson has never taken a golf lesson in his life"... seriously? 😲  Really liking this format/event btw.  It's fun seeing the personal side of the players and family members.  Also interesting is the dichotomy of JT and his Dad; one a natural golf teacher with a good game, the other a natural phenom.

Did I just hear that correctly?  Justin Leonard saying "Bubba Watson has never taken a golf lesson in his life"... seriously?   Really liking this format/event btw.  It's fun seeing the personal side of the players and family members.  Also interesting is the dichotomy of JT and his Dad; one a natural golf teacher with a good game, the other a natural phenom.

I’ve never watched or knew this format existed, I’m liking it.

Rick

Left Hand, 

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

I’ve never watched or knew this format existed, I’m liking it.

I've watched if for a few years now and enjoy it. Love to see the family members getting to play with the pro. The only time I didn't enjoy it was when there was a stacked team. You already knew the outcome before it started. Then you just tune them out and watch everyone else.

I got to play in a church father son scramble with my son a few years ago. We actually won. But getting to play with him was a memory that will last forever.  He gave up golf. But at least we had that time on the course together in a competition.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

Really enjoyed watching this weekend.  Coverage could have been much much better though.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

13 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Really enjoyed watching this weekend.  Coverage could have been much much better though.

I was just looking at the leaderboard and see a handful of teams, many old guards like Kite, Lehman, Jansen, Price, Player, etc. for which I did not see much air time.  Perhaps I just missed that coverage?  Also, Teams Thomas, Woods, and Kuchar looked to be the only main tour players and it was Champions Tour HOF heavy.  Most of the players kids definitely look to have their Dad's game DNA.

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Did I just hear that correctly?  Justin Leonard saying "Bubba Watson has never taken a golf lesson in his life"... seriously? 😲  

That's what I've heard in the past about Bubba.  Never had a lesson.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

54 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I was just looking at the leaderboard and see a handful of teams, many old guards like Kite, Lehman, Jansen, Price, Player, etc. for which I did not see much air time.  Perhaps I just missed that coverage?  Also, Teams Thomas, Woods, and Kuchar looked to be the only main tour players and it was Champions Tour HOF heavy.  Most of the players kids definitely look to have their Dad's game DNA.

I don't think you missed them.  There was very little coverage from our side.  I only recall seeing two shots total from Tom and David Kite; both shots of which were in the recap section in the very beginning of the broadcast---and they shot a 58 yesterday which I think was the second lowest score for the day. 

Not to take away from the event, this was one of my favorite tournaments this year.  It could just be much better.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Saturday it was mostly Tiger and son and JT and dad because they played together.  Kuchars got some time  because they were in the lead.  Sunday the cameras were a little better spread out because Tiger and son were down in the standings.  Finally got to see a few more of the teams that have been in this event for years.  I would have loved walking alongside the Trevino and Player group yesterday.  I probably would have been laughing all the way, but I'm sure laughing is not allowed in a COVID world.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”