Cleveland Classic and Classic XL

Our Sponsors

Anyone playing these? I was playing an R7 and Wilson Cortex. Cortex is a great club. Ran across Cleveland Classic 10.5( 2012 model) and decided to give it a try( loved the retro looks) came with Miyazaki 4R shaft( I’m 60) and I loved it.! Decided I wanted more rollout so bought Classic XL 9.5) adjustable. Came with Matrix Ozik what that just didn’t seem to work well. Constant slice whatever the adjustment was. Found a Miyazaki JDL 5R shaft and the difference is amazing. These are great shafts and excellent drivers. Either on is a winner although I get more rollout with 9.5. Grab one if you get the chance!

I tried, it's the only driver I pre-ordered, was playing a Comp 420 at the timed, loved it, so figure i try this,, nope! either high and to the left or low and to the right, if somewhere down the middle, it was shoulder high.

Could not figure out why, I could hit the mashie hybrids with same shaft with no problem. Gave it to my brother in law who could hit it a mile , high, long and straight,,,

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

• 3 weeks later...

My 25 yo son plays a tour issue classic XL 9.5*. He has a swing speed 125+, and it works really well for him. It’s not the most forgiving, he sprays it some, but that is more user operator. When he catches it it goes 300 on a perfect trajectory

Driver: Epic, HAZRDUS T55 reg

3 wood: Tour Edge CB4 16.5*, Kura Kage 60 reg

Hybrids: Srixon H45 19* & 22*, Kura Kage 70H, reg

Irons: Golfworks KE4 Tour+ 5-GW, Nippon 950h reg

Wedges: Golfworks M series yellow 54* Nippon 950GH, & 58* FST 115

Putter: TM Tour Spider red

Ball: Srixon Zstar

Bag: Sun Mountain 2.5

I have both drivers. I play the XL because the Miyazaki JDL 5R just feels better than the C Kia shaft that is mated to the Classic. Both are outstanding and even tho it’s 7 years old it’s in my bag. Both are forgiving and I can keep either in the fairway. The XL is adjustable and I have it set .75 left for a slight draw bias. I am a 11 handicap and love both. You can’t go wrong. 

What? No pics? C’mon fellas pictures please.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Love 1

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

I had one of those heads with adjuster and all in a box in the shop. Can not remember where I got it. Anyhow last year one of my buds on WRX mentioned wanting one. I boxed it up and sent it to him. I forgot what shaft he said he put in it but he says it is a cannon. 

Driver --- TM M-6 Evenflow 5.5 R 45 gr--- 4W Adams Tight Lies 16* Bassara 55g R flex-- 5W Adams Tight Lies 19* Bassara 55g R Flex--- Irons 5 thru PW Taylor Made TP CB ( 2018)  Steelfiber I 95 R Flex--- GW Callaway X Jaws CC 52* stock steel shaft--- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400--- Putter Scotty Santa Fe Bulls Eye Fluted shaft "Rusty" Bag Old School Jones Classic