TESTERS WANTED! ×

Hzrdus t1100 alternative?

JohnCam

I’ve been trying to find this shaft for a while now, i got fitted for this a while ago and i broke my shaft! I am having a hard time finding this shaft and it seems that its not available in my country atm. What shaft with the same characteristic should i try?

Honma TW747 at 10,5 deg w 50gr SR shaft

Taylormade M6 3 wood w stock S shaft

Titleist U500 2iron hzrdus 6.0

Mizuno MP 18 MB with KBS Tour 105

Titleist Vokey SM8 

Titleist Scotty Cameron Coronado.

Was the t100 the aftermarket version or a stock offering with callaway? What were your favorite characteristics of the shaft? What flex ect. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Its a really low torque and low spin shaft. I load the club quite aggressively and swing about 120mph and have a quick tempo. It was an aftermarket shaft! 

Titleist Vokey SM8 

from what I understand, the best option would be the Ventus offerings.  They have the same characteristics you're speaking about. (low torque, low spin, etc...) Seems to be the favorite for a lot of people as of late.  I don't have the same swing speed, wish I did, but I know a few people who have and they all have switched over to the Ventus option. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

7 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

from what I understand, the best option would be the Ventus offerings.  They have the same characteristics you're speaking about. (low torque, low spin, etc...) Seems to be the favorite for a lot of people as of late.  I don't have the same swing speed, wish I did, but I know a few people who have and they all have switched over to the Ventus option. 

Yessir ive been looking at the ventus black 6x/7x. I think it will be a good replacement! 

i used to swing about 95 about a year and a half ago! I recommend overspeed training! It worked amazingly for me.

Titleist Vokey SM8 

2 minutes ago, Darienvs said:

Yessir ive been looking at the ventus black 6x/7x. I think it will be a good replacement! 

i used to swing about 95 about a year and a half ago! I recommend overspeed training! It worked amazingly for me.

We just got our first big snow, so I'm assuming courses wont be reopening till probably February at this point or later... So my plan was to do a little swing speed training over the winter.  Turning 47 tomorrow and I'm just trying to stave off the havoc that is getting older. 😄  Still swinging it decent, but I want to get that speed up around the 110-115 range.  Put me back where I used to be.  And let's be honest, when it's snow on the ground what else is there to do? 😄 

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Just now, BNewton51 said:

We just got our first big snow, so I'm assuming courses wont be reopening till probably February at this point or later... So my plan was to do a little swing speed training over the winter.  Turning 47 tomorrow and I'm just trying to stave off the havoc that is getting older. 😄  Still swinging it decent, but I want to get that speed up around the 110-115 range.  Put me back where I used to be.  And let's be honest, when it's snow on the ground what else is there to do? 😄 

Happy birthday! There is a free survey on the internet that let you do some exercises to show if you should do overspeed training or not! It will show you if you should or should not do it! I recommend that you do that test because it could be dangerous! 

Titleist Vokey SM8 

3 minutes ago, Darienvs said:

Happy birthday! There is a free survey on the internet that let you do some exercises to show if you should do overspeed training or not! It will show you if you should or should not do it! I recommend that you do that test because it could be dangerous! 

Thanks brotha! I'll check that out. You have my curiosity peaked.  

BNewt51

The hzrdus smoke green TX is probably the closest one to the t1100. The smoke green issue counterbalanced like the t1100 so this will play stiffer than than the t1100

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

7 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

Thanks brotha! I'll check that out. You have my curiosity peaked.  

No probs give this a read! https://www.mytpi.com/articles/swing/the_safe_way_to_train_fast_determining_your_readiness_for_overspeed_training

Titleist Vokey SM8 

6 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The hzrdus smoke green TX is probably the closest one to the t1100. The smoke green issue counterbalanced like the t1100 so this will play stiffer than than the t1100

There is just one problem with that :)) i cant find any hzrdus shaft here :((. Thanks for your helps tho!

Titleist Vokey SM8 

5 minutes ago, Darienvs said:

There is just one problem with that :)) i cant find any hzrdus shaft here :((. Thanks for your helps tho!

where are you located btw?  If you watch the TXG channel on youtube, check out their thoughts on Autoflex as well.  That shaft got HIGH MARKS from them. 

BNewt51

1 minute ago, BNewton51 said:

where are you located btw?  If you watch the TXG channel on youtube, check out their thoughts on Autoflex as well.  That shaft got HIGH MARKS from them. 

I live in Aus! Love txg. i tried to dig around to find that shaft when i saw the video. I think its in the neighbourhood of about 1500$ a bit out of my price range :))

Titleist Vokey SM8 

6 minutes ago, Darienvs said:

Can you get Aldila shafts? The rogue silver would be an option. 

I don’t recall if the profile is similar but the ventus black might be another option.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Can you get Aldila shafts? The rogue silver would be an option. 

I don’t recall if the profile is similar but the ventus black might be another option.

Yessir! I will look in to those shafts. 

Titleist Vokey SM8 

Rogue silver 130 70tx is a great option. Ventus black tipped an inch is a solid option. One dark horse to consider is Accra tz6 75 m5. Finau uses this shaft and it is a bomber shaft for sure. Couldn’t go wrong with some Diamana offerings either like Tensei orange 70TX which is counterbalanced or a Diamana white 70TX. Just with Mitsubishi make sure you get the TX with your swing speed. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

I just had a 3 wood fitting and was sad that the t1100 is no longer in production: apparently the smoke green is the closest to it now. I swing 118 and did not like the Ventus at all, I’m too aggressive in transition. I was really interested to try it since everyone seems to love it, and the fellas at TXG are all about it too. I ended up with the Mitsubishi Tensei pro white tx in the driver and the Fujikura speeder evolution 7x in the 3wood; I would recommend either to someone who swings in your ballpark and considers themselves aggressive in transition.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV