TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

I tried adding to my claim list and now they are on my team. Confused how this is working. I didn’t know if it’s “holding” on my team if I successfully get them or not. I’ll drop back to the pool if I need to.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Definitely something going on with the claim system.  Checked about 8 rosters, and 2 of them already had 8 players listed.

Edit:  Checked a bunch more and some of those have 7 or 8 players listed as well.

Edited by 00sportsman

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I am sure it will get sorted out. If anyone who sees these posts and you have added players from the "waivers" they will need to be dropped so that the process can be done properly and we will have to bid on them. It will end up being drop them yourself or they will likely get removed from your roster. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

I am sure it will get sorted out. If anyone who sees these posts and you have added players from the "waivers" they will need to be dropped so that the process can be done properly and we will have to bid on them. It will end up being drop them yourself or they will likely get removed from your roster. 

👍I believe I had added a player from the “waivers”. I dropped him and submitted the claim the correct way. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

58 minutes ago, GB13 said:

👍I believe I had added a player from the “waivers”. I dropped him and submitted the claim the correct way. 

In all fairness I am guessing that anyone who added players much like yourself didn't do it to cheat the system and just had all well meaning when adding players. With a big league like ours there is always bound to be a few bugs and things for us to sort out and fix. Was great that the draft went as smoothly as it did and was so quick. Hindsight wish I had traded back and picked up a extra 6th round pick or two. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

In all fairness I am guessing that anyone who added players much like yourself didn't do it to cheat the system and just had all well meaning when adding players. With a big league like ours there is always bound to be a few bugs and things for us to sort out and fix. Was great that the draft went as smoothly as it did and was so quick. Hindsight wish I had traded back and picked up a extra 6th round pick or two. 

Agree 100%. I almost added a couple myself, but didn’t see where it asked for a bid. I’m sure people who haven’t played with this system wouldn’t have known the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Also really excited for waivers because my last two picks in the draft we based off who I figured would make it to waivers.

Again i thought the draft went really well. I know lots of non preranked auto drafters, but it went smoothly, were some surprises as well and players who dropped a lot further then I figured and ended up being a bit more strategic then I would have thought. Haven't looked at many teams but was really happy with how mine panned out despite missing out on a few players i would have really liked by only 1 or 2 spots.

Thanks all for participating and commissioners for setting up!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Looks like everything was fixed with the waivers. I went in and was able to submit claims for the 2 guys I want. It’ll process on Tuesday.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Piggy back of @Apolloshowli think the draft was very smooth. Especially with 64 people and auto draft. I think we finished in under 2 hours yes? Pretty sure it was 9:30 when I closed the computer. Thanks commishes for setting up went very well

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I'll try and find those who have them on slack, but anyone with Hatton or Fleetwood interested in a deal? While I still have some FAAB?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

OK yes, can confirm the ghostly added players problem is fixed. The only one who has a full roster now is @sirchunksalot because he fleeced...I mean traded for extra picks 🙂

Also, I have an important announcement re: schedule
As the perpetual beta testers, we maxed out Fantrax's system. The all play schedule (everyone plays everyone every week) just couldn't handle the amount of teams we have. 60 worked fine last year but that appears to be the limit. Some of you observant folks may have noticed this already but we're moving to 10 matchups each week. 9 against other owners and 1 against the league median. This seemed like a nice round number and takes some of the randomness of a schedule out of play. Sucks to lose the tournament feel of taking a big boost by winning the week, but what can ya do??

Playoffs will still keep the same format. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

10 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I tried adding to my claim list and now they are on my team. Confused how this is working. I didn’t know if it’s “holding” on my team if I successfully get them or not. I’ll drop back to the pool if I need to.

So throw me into the "just exactly how does this next part of the draft work group?" (though I may be the only one in the group 😆).  For my last two positions, do I use the "claim" tool and bid on just two players that I want?  If I do nothing, does the system just auto-pick from "players still available" from my ranking/queue?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

9 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

So throw me into the "just exactly how does this next part of the draft work group?" (though I may be the only one in the group 😆).  For my last two positions, do I use the "claim" tool and bid on just two players that I want?  If I do nothing, does the system just auto-pick from "players still available" from my ranking/queue?  

It's just the normal FAAB waivers process you'd have in any fantasy league. If you do nothing, no one will be added to your team. If you place bids on 10 guys, you'll get the first 2 that you win. If you try to claim 2 but only win 1, you'll get the 1 guy you won and still need to add another.

PS. FAAB means you bid some your budget towards the claim. Highest bid wins. You only get $100 for the whole year so bid smartly. Since there's 5 copies of each player, bids of $10, $2, and $0 could each still get the player if there's still 3 copies available to be added....the $10 guy just overpaid. You can tell how many copies are owned in the "own" stats column. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

2 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

For your last two positions you will need to bid on players that you are interested in. Keeping in mind you have a budget of 100 FAAB for the ENTIRE season. Click on the player you want to add and put in a bidding amount. If you are the highest bidder congrats he is on your squad! If someone bid higher and for example he is the final copy then you get FAAB you bid back and will have a chance to add other remaining players. Of course its up to each individual as to how much you want to bid, but in the interest of competitiveness here are a few strats. 

Go big early! - If there are two guys you like and really want for what may be the rest of the season, bid it all. There won't be this much talent in the waiver pool the remainder of the season. 

Straddling the fence - Put substantial bids out in the hopes of getting at least 1 guy you really want and maybe you'll get lucky and get both, however save some FAAB for the rest of year as you may want to rotate one guy in and out of your lineup depending on who is playing that week. 

Wait and see - Still put in conservative bids because there are players you want, but being patient and happy that you can rotate two flyers each week and spend your FAAB over the course of the season and maybe make a big move or two clsoer to the end of the season. Maybe there are some players that are on waivers that make a run this season and are great pickups to hold for the season?

***Just saw a notification Stud replied so this may all be mute**

With this format there is a benefit to having more players playing each week, it gives you a higher chance at having someone hit and make a run that weekend. However majors are still huge and are worth extra. Keep in mind you can also trade FAAB so there are ways to "earn" it back in some cases. Also it is only your top 4 scores that count, therefore its likely going to come from the players you draft, but there are some solid players out there. 

And finally, when placing a bid you can look over and see how many of each player is owned. If the number is 0 you can likely risk a lower bid amount, if there are 4 then you will be bidding on the last guy and it will in all likelihood take a higher amount to get such person. Hopefully this is helpful and clears it up for you. 

Yes I have a lot of time on my hands right now, snowed in, basically lockdown restrictions so I will be going deep on the waivers and trades to see what are some of the best paths forward!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Thanks @STUDqueand @Apolloshowl!

Think I may owe an apology to all concerned here, I was screwing around on the website after the draft and added a player prematurely.  Sorry for any inconvenience I caused, not my intent to cheat anything I promise.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Here comes another newb question (sorry):  Using the phone app and I don’t know that I see a field that indicates if a player is or is not in the field for the Farmers.  Fields are set by 5pm the preceding Friday I believe so it should be finalized; is that info in Fantrax or do I need to check a different source for that?

Thanks.

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Here comes another newb question (sorry):  Using the phone app and I don’t know that I see a field that indicates if a player is or is not in the field for the Farmers.  Fields are set by 5pm the preceding Friday I believe so it should be finalized; is that info in Fantrax or do I need to check a different source for that?

Thanks.

Last season it came up as a little green circle with a check mark that indicated they were in the field. It was also confirmed I believe Monday after the weeks results were finalized. We should get that indication on Monday, in the mean time we can check the farmers website?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Just now, Apolloshowl said:

Last season it came up as a little green circle with a check mark that indicated they were in the field. It was also confirmed I believe Monday after the weeks results were finalized. We should get that indication on Monday, in the mean time we can check the farmers website?

Thanks.  Yeah, I can check the tournament site, just wondering what to expect from Fantrax.

2 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks.  Yeah, I can check the tournament site, just wondering what to expect from Fantrax.

Should show along the left side of player, where the grey marker is on my two players. There have been updates from last year so even for us who have used it before there will be some changes and things that new for us. 
image.png.11892804f0fbe65e5971027acb6ddb37.png

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

For those teams that read this and drafted Jason Day and Scottie Scheffler, if you wanna make a deal let me know. Was really hoping to get Scottie. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

19 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

For those teams that read this and drafted Jason Day and Scottie Scheffler, if you wanna make a deal let me know. Was really hoping to get Scottie. 

Should have drafted him first instead or Rory 🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Should have drafted him first instead or Rory 🤣

I was actually thinking I should have taken him in the 4th instead of Kuchar after he fell to the 6th before being gone. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

33 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I was actually thinking I should have taken him in the 4th instead of Kuchar after he fell to the 6th before being gone. 

Yep,  I really wanted Zalatoris and was hoping he would go under the radar.  I kept picking someone else hoping I could pick him up in the next round; unfortunately that didn't work out.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 hours ago, STUDque said:

OK yes, can confirm the ghostly added players problem is fixed. The only one who has a full roster now is @sirchunksalot because he fleeced...I mean traded for extra picks 🙂

Ralph_Wolf_carrying_sheep.png.aff80276176b4225c2783b03011ce618.png

Hopefully it'll work out and leave me a full budget of my FAAB money as the season progresses. @blackngold_blood gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, trading away my 15th overall pick for 59th and some extras in the later rounds.1f4bf0d80bbc9c08a827c65cd1c59893.png.cb324e8d550d0001890fee63e1f2353e.png

Will it work out? We'll see, I did lose out on some of the top players (DJ, Rahm, Rory, DeChambeau, etc...) and it'll be a wait and see game whether or not I end up underneath a falling anvil. 

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have Scottie. Open to trade offers. 

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Yep,  I really wanted Zalatoris and was hoping he would go under the radar.  I kept picking someone else hoping I could pick him up in the next round; unfortunately that didn't work out.    

Also have Zalatoris.

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

And, right or wrong, I want Spieth and waited too long.  Would like to trade for him if I can...

What can I say...fanboy...

57 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And, right or wrong, I want Spieth and waited too long.  Would like to trade for him if I can...

What can I say...fanboy...

I took a chance on him.  I just have to believe he's going to outrun that dark cloud that's been hanging over his game.