TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

So, again a newbie question, but are we now getting into the art/science of fantasy golf...a balance between dropping and adding players week-to-week so that you're fielding a full squad, versus holding onto players that may not play in a given week but you like their chance to perform in the following weeks?  Does that mean the week after the Masters or another major things get pretty thin?

I am NOT suggesting people left with 3 players didn't pay attention to that, looks like some system or system familiarity issues maybe.  Just asking a question among the seasoned vets if that's as much of a weekly challenge as it seems to be.

This is going to be fun...watching players and point margins ebb and flow over the course of 4 rounds...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

25 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

As a friendly note because this is gonna come up, a note on players withdrawing from an event in play. That player's point total reverts to 0, so you lose all accumulated stats for that player.

This is absolutely the dumbest and most ridiculous thing about fantasy golf. It's like he didn't even show up.

Imagine fantasy football where a guy has 110 rushing yards and 2 TDs and is injured in the 4th quarter and is out for the rest of the game and all his stats are erased and those yards and TDs never really happened....

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

4 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

So, again a newbie question, but are we now getting into the art/science of fantasy golf...a balance between dropping and adding players week-to-week so that you're fielding a full squad, versus holding onto players that may not play in a given week but you like their chance to perform in the following weeks?  Does that mean the week after the Masters or another major things get pretty thin?

I am NOT suggesting people left with 3 players didn't pay attention to that, looks like some system or system familiarity issues maybe.  Just asking a question among the seasoned vets if that's as much of a weekly challenge as it seems to be.

This is going to be fun...watching players and point margins ebb and flow over the course of 4 rounds...

It's not a weekly league. It's season long. Sure, you need to field as many players as you can but think about the cost/benefit before dropping a top 50 player just because he isn't in the field for the week.... 

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

5 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

And you've hit it on the head. Roster management is as a big key as any into who will come solid at the of the season. It's about knowing when to zig, when to zag, and when to stand pat. The worst part about it? We're all just guessing, maybe a bit more educated than a guess, but a guess none the less.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

3 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

It's not a weekly league. It's season long. Sure, you need to field as many players as you can but think about the cost/benefit before dropping a top 50 player just because he isn't in the field for the week.... 

Sure, I'm not talking about dropping studs just because they sit out the Colonial or something, I just mean the players one would normally consider your 6, 7, 8 player...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

4 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

This is absolutely the dumbest and most ridiculous thing about fantasy golf. It's like he didn't even show up.

Imagine fantasy football where a guy has 110 rushing yards and 2 TDs and is injured in the 4th quarter and is out for the rest of the game and all his stats are erased and those yards and TDs never really happened....

that definitley bites BUT if only the top 4 scores are counted for the week then it wont matter if they had points or not. (Or am i missing something with total team score?)

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Just now, JonMUSC08 said:

that definitley bites BUT if only the top 4 scores are counted for the week then it wont matter if they had points or not. (Or am i missing something with total team score?)

Yeah - it totally matters. 

Say you have 5 of your players in the field and only 4 make the cut and are playing well and in the top 25 and you're winning (which, in a league this big it's hard to even figure out but I digress..). One of them hurts his wrist on Saturday afternoon and has to withdraw; you've now lost all of the points he's accumulated for the week, have only 3 players and have gone from winning to losing.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

5 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Sure, I'm not talking about dropping studs just because they sit out the Colonial or something, I just mean the players one would normally consider your 6, 7, 8 player...

Gotcha... I saw some good players dropped in favor of others just because they weren't in the field last year so that's why I mentioned it.

The other challenge are injuries. How long do you stand pat on a guy like Adam Scott if he's got a minor injury and is expected back soon? Drop and move on or grit your teeth and wait it out...

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

26 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

I am NOT suggesting people left with 3 players didn't pay attention to that

Suggest away in my case LOL - work was crazy this week and I totally forgot about this starting.  

I know I'm not going to win or be anywhere near the top - so this is just for fun.  Some weeks I'll be able to put more effort in than others.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

At least the point count only goes to the top 4 scorers right?
So there is a slim chance that 3 might have more points that 4 if they all go off in the next 3 days. well I hope.

Very true. It is about total points. And a team with one player can theoretically beat a team with four players. The scenario would be the team that had 4 players all
Missed the cut and the team with one player wins the event with a low score.

Lots of dynamics but with the best ball format the league uses,
Maximizing players is good. As others have been discussing, you still have to figure out what players to hold even though they don’t play a lot. Say Top name players play 11 events a season. Do you hold them if they aren’t playing for the next month on the PGA and play in Europe instead. Do you replace a player with a player that plays most weeks but doesn’t quality for majors? Balancing you team is really the key for a league like this.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If the player makes the weekend THEN gets injured, well that kinda bites. Comparing to fantasy football, some guys say they are going to play and then the game starts and they dont feel like it or pull a hammy getting dressed or see 1 touch and decide it was a bad idea. Its the gamble of sports.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

59 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

If the player makes the weekend THEN gets injured, well that kinda bites. Comparing to fantasy football, some guys say they are going to play and then the game starts and they dont feel like it or pull a hammy getting dressed or see 1 touch and decide it was a bad idea. Its the gamble of sports.

it doesn't happen too often but when it does it stings... 

apparently this is also how the PGA does their official stat tracking so that's why the fantasy sites do it.

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

50 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

it doesn't happen too often but when it does it stings... 

apparently this is also how the PGA does their official stat tracking so that's why the fantasy sites do it.

And to put another instance in there, we have brought this issue up to Fantrax on numerous occasions, but they haven't budged on moving it to letting the stats stand. One day

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

well this is new... I wonder if they'll do this every week. I can see some of you refreshing this page repeatedly! 🤣

https://www.pgatour.com/odds.html#/

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0

im going to start throwing down some $5 bets on some of these smaller name guys!

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

Need help understanding the yellow star by the name of 4 of my players when looking at Team and selection Fantasy Team.

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

2 hours ago, gobama84 said:

Need help understanding the yellow star by the name of 4 of my players when looking at Team and selection Fantasy Team.

Those are who Fantrax will score as your top 4. It will change automatically if another player starts to out score one of them. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

My IM has reached "max limit" twice today with offers rolling in for Speith.  I'm doing the best I can reviewing them.  Please be patient 🤣.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

As a friendly note because this is gonna come up, a note on players withdrawing from an event in play. That player's point total reverts to 0, so you lose all accumulated stats for that player. Luckily for most of you with Wolff in play, that's not a bad thing.
Also, since this has been brought up in the Slack and I know some of you aren't on that, I'll post in the thread.
The question of how will I know who my top four players are and how many points I have is one that it tricky with the best ball format, here's how to know.
Use the home page matchups!
The home page matchups show where you stand with your four best players at any given time, it also shows live tracking of the league median score as well. If you click on live scoring and look at matchups that, it shows all current players playing, meaning your total is going to be higher. For example, ZJBogey had the highest score after rd1 with 80.05 points. However, if you click his live score it shows he has 116. The scores on the home page are the ones you need to use to understand where you are. However, finish bonuses won't be live until the tournament ends.

I must not be looking in the right place (or is it different on the phone app?) because what I would think was the home page matchups show me the total from all 6 I had playing.

The score from my top 4 is around 85, but I’m seeing 105. Does anyone know if there is a way to have the app only show the top 4 combined?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0725.jpg

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

14 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

I must not be looking in the right place (or is it different on the phone app?) because what I would think was the home page matchups show me the total from all 6 I had playing.

The score from my top 4 is around 85, but I’m seeing 105. Does anyone know if there is a way to have the app only show the top 4 combined?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_0725.jpg

Try going to the standings page and click on results. Then use the arrow to show your team. It will give you all 10 of your matchups for every week listed by week to see where you stand. 

Screenshot_20210129-212855.png

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Try going to the standings page and click on results. Then use the arrow to show your team. It will give you all 10 of your matchups for every week listed by week to see where you stand. 
Screenshot_20210129-212855.png.58e34114a52cd377e606be50f53678ec.png

Excellent. Thanks for the help. Worked just the way it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Bag:

15 hours ago, 00sportsman said:

Excellent. Thanks for the help. Worked just the way it should.

“Home” in the app will show you the real scores too. Just scroll down to find out. If you tap into them, it’ll bounce you back to live scoring where you can see how your individual guys are doing but the totals aren’t right. 36F35FA4-58A9-4534-9708-29BC0902D2FB.png.3f53f6f976ae1f9cc7b8d4c82d30d8fb.png

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

“Home” in the app will show you the real scores too. Just scroll down to find out. If you tap into them, it’ll bounce you back to live scoring where you can see how your individual guys are doing but the totals aren’t right. 36F35FA4-58A9-4534-9708-29BC0902D2FB.png.3f53f6f976ae1f9cc7b8d4c82d30d8fb.png

I hadn’t scrolled that far down the page. That must be the “home page matchups” Berg was referring to. I thought it meant the scoring home (or first) page.

Thanks.

My Bag:

Impressive that there are 15 teams that are 9-1 or 10-0. Fun start to the year!

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Not gonna lie, fairly disappointed to have 4 guys in the top 20, top 15 in total points, and be 6-4.  This is gonna be an interesting year with this style schedule and format.  

1 hour ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Impressive that there are 15 teams that are 9-1 or 10-0. Fun start to the year!

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Not gonna lie, fairly disappointed to have 4 guys in the top 20, top 15 in total points, and be 6-4.  This is gonna be an interesting year with this style schedule and format.  

6 and 4 with only 3 players on the field is not bad at all. 😁

Screenshot_20210131-190206_Brave.jpg

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

started out 0-10 but as of now I have 6 guys playing next week so I hope I can turn it around.  Lots of time left and I didn't start out 5-65 (if we did the everyone play everyone format) 🤣

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Starting out about as well I usually do on these MGS leagues... here’s to hoping I get on my 7-8 week run sooner than later.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8