TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

Yeah going to be another week that is just punted away. Looking at the field not sure if there are many worth picking up. May replace Hadwin with someone playing, but means I have to cancel the other waiver move I was planning on making. Will be happy when we are back to normal field with our typical names. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Welp. 0 players this week across a lot of the teams out there, it either means a lot ties on a last minute roster change.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Why is Dell Technologies Match Play event not the event for this week? Punish the best players in the world for being great?

Should be a way to combine both tourneys in this weeks points.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

Sooo, not sure where to go with the idea but I wonder if a separate "side" bracket challenge is in order?  Just for sh!ts and giggles.  I know the seeding won't be set until tomorrow (right?), and if I remember right there are a few sites (maybe Golf Channel) that run their own bracket challenges.

I'm breaking my cardinal rule of running at the mouth without having done any real research, but as a fantasy golf newb just wondering if any sort of bracket challenge has been done among this group before.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

Funny you all should mention this. A league wide poll is going up on Fantrax right now to address what y'all want to do. 

And no, there is no way to combine the events, we have discussed this with Fantrax for years and they refuse to edit the scoring in any way to make the Match Play possible. 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

15 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

Why is Dell Technologies Match Play event not the event for this week? Punish the best players in the world for being great?

Should be a way to combine both tourneys in this weeks points.

We've had this discussion multiple times including in the past week. Fantrax has no way to score the event since it is matchplay.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Poll is live and goes final at 8pm eastern tonight!

https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/bbx3abmtkipyb858/home

For what it’s worth...

Everyone was informed from the start that scoring the match play was not going to be possible, and that the Corales Puntacana was the tournament of the week. From the number of emails I got about players re-entering the waiver pool, I would guess several people have already made adjustments based on this week.

Isn’t it a little late to be changing things up, and isn’t planning for weeks like this part of the strategy of the season?

It kind of feels like “I can’t win the way things are, so I want to change the rules.”

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I do hate changing the rules in the middle of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

25 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

We've had this discussion multiple times including in the past week. Fantrax has no way to score the event since it is matchplay.

It is a hard one, but I guess it is all predicated with the capability of the platform being used.

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

49 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

For what it’s worth...

Everyone was informed from the start that scoring the match play was not going to be possible, and that the Corales Puntacana was the tournament of the week. From the number of emails I got about players re-entering the waiver pool, I would guess several people have already made adjustments based on this week.

Isn’t it a little late to be changing things up, and isn’t planning for weeks like this part of the strategy of the season?

It kind of feels like “I can’t win the way things are, so I want to change the rules.”

This is not directed at anyone in particular, but I do hate changing the rules in the middle of the game.

We've been talking about making it a bye week for quite a long time, but didn't have the ability to in previous years. Nobody has been able to add players right now, only drop unwanted players from their rosters.
The last minute nature of this is why we are putting it to a league vote, instead of removing it from the schedule without asking everyone's opinion. 

Edit: lack of proofreading

7 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

For what it’s worth...

I think you have a very valid point.

I'm setting pretty much where I was at this point of the season last year and I ended up second. This thing is a marathon not a sprint.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone Pars and Stripes 9.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, VENTUS Blue 6-R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway, 22.5* Fairway.  All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:titleist-small:  816H1 27* Hybrid w/ Diamana Blue Board 70 HY Stiff Shaft

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip               :Arccos:                                                                                                                                                               

:titleist-small:  -ProV1x  Align XL  

All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                

BirdieBall Outdoor Putting Green                                 

7 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

For what it’s worth...

I am one of the people already making adjustments for this week because it has been known since the start that this was the tournament and not the match play. Hopefully we don't change the schedule midway through with people like myself already preparing for the schedule we have. I only dropped the players I did because of my plan for this week's event.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

It is a hard one, but I guess it is all predicated with the capability of the platform being used.

It was explained to us like this: Fantrax uses a 3rd party site to collect all of the scoring data from the events. The 3rd party site they use, doesn't track pars/ birdies/ bogeys etc for the matchplay because all that matters is who won the hole. Half the time players scoop putts and what not or are given putts. So there is no way for the scoring to be accurate anyway.

Unfortunately for us, there is a not enough incentive for Fantrax to figure out a workaround for this. 

In a perfect world I would love this to be a BYE week, but 100% agree that teams would have set themselves up already for this week based off it being a participating event. It's a long season, yes I really don't like tossing away weeks such as I am with this one and last week to an extent, but it is what it is and I am confident my team is still the strongest in the field for the long haul. It is a little too late to change this week with teams already making some roster decisions. 
As many have said we knew about this from day 1 so it shouldn't be a shock. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

11 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

For what it’s worth...

I see this as an absolutely valid point. There’s also nuance to consider that hasn’t been a factor in the past and could be considered new information prompting the change. 

In the past 3 years, we played the Corales and, as a baseline, I generally support its inclusion. The difference here is we’ve got a healthier player pool than before so more teams have more good players that qualify for more events. As a result, most of the league is unable to field a competitive team this week without substantially compromising their season. 

This situation would’ve been difficult to foresee before the season started so, based on new information, we put it to a league vote. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

5 minutes ago, STUDque said:

I see this as an absolutely valid point. There’s also nuance to consider that hasn’t been a factor in the past and could be considered new information prompting the change. 

In the past 3 years, we played the Corales and, as a baseline, I generally support its inclusion. The difference here is we’ve got a healthier player pool than before so more teams have more good players that qualify for more events. As a result, most of the league is unable to field a competitive team this week without substantially compromising their season. 

This situation would’ve been difficult to foresee before the season started so, based on new information, we put it to a league vote. 

As a suggestion if it does go to a BYE can we enable those teams who have dropped certain players to make corrections before standard waivers run? I am not one of them, however want to make sure it is fair for all teams. I would even support giving teams who have already dropped players a priority on waiver wire for the next week given this may have put them at a last minute disadvantage. 
Waivers itself should also be pushed back a day or so to if it goes ahead as planned. I have submitted several claims, however if it stays in or is promoted to a bye week that will therefore effect my roster moves. 

EDIT: I am of the benefit of being in europe and up early so can make most adjustments morning of waivers, however many others may not get that chance. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

22 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

I am one of the people already making adjustments for this week because it has been known since the start that this was the tournament and not the match play. Hopefully we don't change the schedule midway through with people like myself already preparing for the schedule we have. I only dropped the players I did because of my plan for this week's event.

We can undo those transactions. It wouldn’t be a difficult fix. 

@Apolloshowl had a request to the similar effect. Yes, all of those drops can be undone. If the vote passes, we’ll have enough time to make that fix before waivers run tomorrow. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

1 minute ago, STUDque said:

I'm also going to step in with my .02 on the matter.

In years past, I would have totally been on the side of the 'play the opposite field event'. You who are making the point that we've been on notice about the fact we're playing this event are 100% correct and  I'm not against the idea that we need to decide how and when we roll out our teams.

My big reason as to why I'm coming around to the idea of the bye week, although I'm torn on both sides of this, really comes down to safeguarding rosters and saving people from themselves. Admittedly, we've had some weird drops in the league this year from people scrambling to fill rosters and I'm just concerned that with an opposite field event someone is going to make a roster move that doesn't make any sense just to get to a full lineup. Plus, this week really sets up as a free agent dollar pool churn week in my mind.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Personally I've been looking forward to this event because I can put a few guys out there to play and hopefully gain some ground on people ahead of me. Maybe I'll go 0-10 but I don't think we can ethically change the schedule last minute. I feel like it should have been voted on a couple weeks ago.

1 minute ago, STUDque said:

We can undo those transactions. It wouldn’t be a difficult fix. 

I declined a trade because I was looking ahead to this week and before some of my guys moved up and got invited to match play they likely would have been playing in this. My roster was affected prior to dropping people. I knew I had Kirk and Harman that would possibly be in this week's alternate tournament and declined a trade before giving it a chance because of it. Fortunately and unfortunately, they moved up the rankings due to their good play as of late and are in the field at the WGC.

We can do whatever the league wants but my opinion is this should have been discussed before the week of.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

I just want to add a thanks to the league admins who are doing their best to make everyone happy. While we all want to win and are all pretty competitive , remember this league is primarily for fun.

No matter what is decided, I will
adapt and try to get the most wins i can each week.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

I just want to add a thanks to the league admins who are doing their best to make everyone happy. While we all want to win and are all pretty competitive , remember this league is primarily for fun.

No matter what is decided, I will
adapt and try to get the most wins i can each week.

Agreed, and I hope I'm not rubbing anyone the wrong way. I am content with whatever is chosen and definitely understand why people would want to skip this week. It just sucks that my team could look very different and possibly better had I not been planning on picking up major points this week. 

I’ll throw my .01 cents in.  

I’m in the camp of leaving as is and playing the Corales event.  It has been know for a while that this was the event as it has been for the last few years. Part of the strategy of fantasy is managing your team through weeks like this.  We have already taken so much strategy out of the season by not choosing who to start as well as only playing 10 matchups vs playing everybody.  I completely understand why somebody may not want to drop a player just to have somebody in the field but that is part of Fantasy Golf!  

To add to this, the field wasn’t exactly strong last week either and may not be for the Valero Texas Open either.  What about an event that the top players decide to skip to play overseas around The Open?  

I will adapt either way but I just don’t see how and where you draw the line on what event should constitute a bye week. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Keep it real all... it's just a game for fun.  The "golden ticket", forum badge, and bragging rights are inconsequential. I'm stoked to see how far up the ladder I get with no players playing this week 😂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Keep it real all... it's just a game for fun.  The "golden ticket", forum badge, and bragging rights are inconsequential. I'm stoked to see how far up the ladder I get with no players playing this week 😂.

I dunno... The title feels pretty darn good. I'm doing everything possible to not give it up and to make it back to back years! 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

55 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I’ll throw my .01 cents in.  

I’m in the camp of leaving as is and playing the Corales event.  It has been know for a while that this was the event as it has been for the last few years. Part of the strategy of fantasy is managing your team through weeks like this.  We have already taken so much strategy out of the season by not choosing who to start as well as only playing 10 matchups vs playing everybody.  I completely understand why somebody may not want to drop a player just to have somebody in the field but that is part of Fantasy Golf!  

To add to this, the field wasn’t exactly strong last week either and may not be for the Valero Texas Open either.  What about an event that the top players decide to skip to play overseas around The Open?  

I will adapt either way but I just don’t see how and where you draw the line on what event should constitute a bye week. 

While I understand your point, this is literally the only event of the year where we are having to play the weaker of two PGA tour fields. The other scenarios you've thrown out there are for other tours or for events where players choose not to play due to their own scheduling issues, making them much different situations.
The ONLY reason we've had to play this event in the past is because Fantrax can't score the WGC. This year, we have to ability to skip it for the first time. Would I rather play the WGC than skip a week? Sure I would, but that option isn't available to us currently. Fantrax's system is also the only reason that we don't have the ability to have matchups vs everyone each week. Hopefully both are things that change in the future.

I'm not sure who all was around for the MGS Yahoo fantasy golf leagues back in the day, but we had the same issues with Yahoo not scoring the WGC then as well. We always skipped that week as opposed to playing the opposite field event. It was the only time of the year that the scoring format limited us to playing the secondary event.

Edit: Scratch that, we can't play Zurich either. Again because of format issues, but there is no secondary event that week.

24 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I dunno... The title feels pretty darn good. I'm doing everything possible to not give it up and to make it back to back years! 

Your odds are better than mine... that's for certain 🙂.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, Undershooter said:

While I understand your point, this is literally the only event of the year where we are having to play the weaker of two PGA tour fields. The other scenarios you've thrown out there are for other tours or for events where players choose not to play due to their own scheduling issues, making them much different situations.
The ONLY reason we've had to play this event in the past is because Fantrax can't score the WGC. This year, we have to ability to skip it for the first time. Would I rather play the WGC than skip a week? Sure I would, but that option isn't available to us currently. Fantrax's system is also the only reason that we don't have the ability to have matchups vs everyone each week. Hopefully both are things that change in the future.

I'm not sure who all was around for the MGS Yahoo fantasy golf leagues back in the day, but we had the same issues with Yahoo not scoring the WGC then as well. We always skipped that week as opposed to playing the opposite field event. It was the only time of the year that the scoring format limited us to playing the secondary event.

Edit: Scratch that, we can't play Zurich either. Again because of format issues, but there is no secondary event that week.

I completely understand the reason for wanting to skip it and this is for fun after all. That said this may be the week that a bubble team with a slightly weaker team 1-8 but able to field 4 or more guys goes 10-0. That may be the difference needed to get them into the playoffs.

We aren’t talking about some unforeseen circumstance that is causing an issue, this was known from day 1. I just think we are too late into it to change as some have pointed out making or not making moves/trades because of this week. 

While not specifically because of this week but others as well, it is why I have traded my way to a big 4 and the ability to add drop the other 4. That way I always field a full 4 man team to start. 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Also this may be the only week I can put Hunter Mahan on my team and not hate myself 🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

I completely understand the reason for wanting to skip it and this is for fun after all. That said this may be the week that a bubble team with a slightly weaker team 1-8 but able to field 4 or more guys goes 10-0. That may be the difference needed to get them into the playoffs.

We aren’t talking about some unforeseen circumstance that is causing an issue, this was known from day 1. I just think we are too late into it to change as some have pointed out making or not making moves/trades because of this week. 

While not specifically because of this week but others as well, it is why I have traded my way to a big 4 and the ability to add drop the other 4. That way I always field a full 4 man team to start. 

Bingo. Myself and others who have planned accordingly for this event are being punished. It was a good chance to move up a few spots. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't copying you in trying to get to a big 4 or 5 so I could always have at least 3 going. It would've been big 4 if not for the trade I've been mentioning. And now he's already traded that player off so it can't be fixed. I know the league is just for fun but there's a really cool prize on the line too, haha. Unless we do the right thing and keep it, it looks like the vote is overwhelmingly against us. See y'all next week!

Either way the MODs decide this week should go it is good with me.

My Reviews: