TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

On 4/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, Getoffmylawn said:
54 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I wish I could say I remember what the offers were but that is about 200 offers ago for me! Lol.

Got a good 3-Team deal going on currently, just awaiting the last team to accept. 

I know I shouldnt be surprised but I'm curious what big name will be added to your roster for next week!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

9 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

I know I shouldnt be surprised but I'm curious what big name will be added to your roster for next week!

All will be revealed in good time!  Time will tell if I improved my team or made the wrong choice on this one. 

For a little teaser, every guy involved in this 7 player deal has atleast 1 tour win including 5 or 6 major wins I believe. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

All will be revealed in good time!  Time will tell if I improved my team or made the wrong choice on this one. 

Bye bye rory? That is my guess. I could see a few bigger names being switched around. A lot of good players on colder streaks and coming to crunch time for some teams to get wins.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Bye bye rory? That is my guess. I could see a few bigger names being switched around. A lot of good players on colder streaks and coming to crunch time for some teams to get wins.

Actually nobody seems to want Rory lol

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

With the last few comments being on trades and it seeming that there are a few more interested parties out there in the trading block thought it would be good to throw up 2 different screenshots from Fantrax. 
The first is the Top Players overall in fantasy points earned since our season has started. Although our playoffs and system has a lot of impact based off FedEx Cup standings this is a good idea of who the top players are so far and how they can be valued on a trade chart. 
1690598910_Screenshot2021-04-1716_53_51.png.5ff0968b8e595e64565453373434f2d0.pngThe second is top per event, now this has a few odd names of players who have only played one event and done well, but still gives a good indication of where some players should be ranked when trading for them. 
1596646540_Screenshot2021-04-1716_54_53.png.f072fdafe19a02605bc7a76642f381d2.pngFor those new to the fantrax site, there is a ton of information avialable on the site. It can be a little difficult to find at times, but it is well worth it to spend some time playing around and searching through some of the different tabs to find different results. Or always just ask in the thread (even how to get the cool night mode which is much easier on the eyes). 
Hope this helps and you find the information interesting!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

With the last few comments being on trades and it seeming that there are a few more interested parties out there in the trading block thought it would be good to throw up 2 different screenshots from Fantrax. 
The first is the Top Players overall in fantasy points earned since our season has started. Although our playoffs and system has a lot of impact based off FedEx Cup standings this is a good idea of who the top players are so far and how they can be valued on a trade chart. 
1690598910_Screenshot2021-04-1716_53_51.png.5ff0968b8e595e64565453373434f2d0.pngThe second is top per event, now this has a few odd names of players who have only played one event and done well, but still gives a good indication of where some players should be ranked when trading for them. 
1596646540_Screenshot2021-04-1716_54_53.png.f072fdafe19a02605bc7a76642f381d2.pngFor those new to the fantrax site, there is a ton of information avialable on the site. It can be a little difficult to find at times, but it is well worth it to spend some time playing around and searching through some of the different tabs to find different results. Or always just ask in the thread (even how to get the cool night mode which is much easier on the eyes). 

This is good stuff thank you! I’ve perused (and one of the reasons I love cbs sports for fantasy football because of the data you can pull) but is a lot easier on the computer to navigate this stuff

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

4 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

This is great stuff!

Another thing to note is know who you are trying to get in the trade. Some guys may have overachieved while others may have underachieved. Potential also plays a part in trades. For example DJ, Rory, Wolff, Cantlay, IM, Ancer, Rose, etc. may not being playing as well as usual right now. That said they all have the ability to win and in some cases get hot and go on a huge run.  While total points scored as well as points per tourney are a great help, it is not the end all be all of a fair trade.   

To use Rory for me as an example (I won’t call out names as I don’t believe anything was intentional and was more to due with rookie mistakes), Bud Cauley and Kyle Stanley are not straight up trades for Rory. Is Rory worth JT, DJ, Rahm, Xander straight up, no he is struggling right now but one thing can click and he has the potential to be right back to a #1 golfer in the world performance week in and week out. 

So again, know who you are trying to trade for!  

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

This is great stuff!

Another thing to note is know who you are trying to get in the trade. Some guys may have overachieved while others may have underachieved. Potential also plays a part in trades. For example DJ, Rory, Wolff, Cantlay, IM, Ancer, Rose, etc. may not being playing as well as usual right now. That said they all have the ability to win and in some cases get hot and go on a huge run.  While total points scored as well as points per tourney are a great help, it is not the end all be all of a fair trade.   

To use Rory for me as an example (I won’t call out names as I don’t believe anything was intentional and was more to due with rookie mistakes), Bud Cauley and Kyle Stanley are not straight up trades for Rory. Is Rory worth JT, DJ, Rahm, Xander straight up, no he is struggling right now but one thing can click and he has the potential to be right back to a #1 golfer in the world performance week in and week out. 

So again, know who you are trying to trade for!  

Exactly, potential is a aspect that is hard to quantify, but DJ and Rory and still DJ and Rory regardless of how their season is going. 
Top 10 guys are still top 10 guys and there are always those guys who are a cut above. Harris English is another who I would put in the really good, but struggling category. Hence why it is also good to take a look at the OWGR ranking as well and consider that in part. 
In the next month or so I would guess we start to see some teams ramping up towards playoffs and others looking at buying to just get in and secure their teams. We have a really good group and its great to see the activity week in and week out. 
This is all to say happy trading out there and we know most all make the best potential offers for players while obviously trying to improve their roster in their own mind. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 hours ago, Quigleyd said:

Only one guy made it to the weekend.. Welp GO WILL Z!!!

I got two playing the weekend, it is not looking good for me. 

Well, time to start drinking 😃

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

12 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Actually nobody seems to want Rory lol

I mean I want him, just not at a “Rory Freaking McIlroy” pricetag haha. He’s proven he’s not that guy so far this year. To @Apolloshowlpoint, he’s actually not a top ten guy anymore either. Extremely talented and could pop at any moment. Could also end up in a Spieth spiral. Golf!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Okay, it has been a lazy Sunday for me and I started working on a new project. I am still working on some of the formulas and how to combine some of the data but here is a start. I will do my best to keep it updated each week as well as change some of the point weightings as we get closer to playoffs as some of the values will shift. 
That being said if we have any google sheet pros or anyone has advice for values or really any feedback let me know. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8ivU_adG-5XGeeY_KeLYO180vFuWDgov6tU_GvQSDQ/edit?usp=sharing
This is meant to help make some sense of players value in trades (I know football and other sports have this especially in drafts). I don't quite know how to pull all the data I need for each individual player and make it into a master ranking. However by adding up the 4 player Trade Value columns it will provide you with a total number (using the search button to find the player is easiest as I did top 125 in each category)

I'm going to keep working on cleaning it up and making it a bit more clean, but you can also go to the sheets to see OWGR, FedExCup and Fantrax Fantasy points as well as Average Per Event summaries which have most of the Fantrax Data there. 

Again I'm bored and the F1 Race doesn't start for another hour!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

I mean I want him, just not at a “Rory Freaking McIlroy” pricetag haha. He’s proven he’s not that guy so far this year. To @Apolloshowlpoint, he’s actually not a top ten guy anymore either. Extremely talented and could pop at any moment. Could also end up in a Spieth spiral. Golf!

Using my own words against me nice! Lol. I see both sides of the fence here. Has he played up to his potential nope, not even close. Again though he is still #13 in the world playing like “crap” and as you say could pop at any minute. He is actually stay wise not been that bad tbh. 

He is 8/11 in cuts made. 8 Top 25, 4 Top 10, and 1 Top 5.  

22 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Okay, it has been a lazy Sunday for me and I started working on a new project. I am still working on some of the formulas and how to combine some of the data but here is a start. I will do my best to keep it updated each week as well as change some of the point weightings as we get closer to playoffs as some of the values will shift. 
That being said if we have any google sheet pros or anyone has advice for values or really any feedback let me know. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8ivU_adG-5XGeeY_KeLYO180vFuWDgov6tU_GvQSDQ/edit?usp=sharing

Wow really stepping up. Just requested access but thanks for putting something together.

@B.Boston could have some insight on sheets. I’m a basic excel/google sheets guy

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

1 minute ago, Lacassem said:

Wow really stepping up. Just requested access but thanks for putting something together.

@B.Boston could have some insight on sheets. I’m a basic excel/google sheets guy

Were you able to see it? I thought I opened it to everyone. 
Okay I have opened it up to everyone. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

32 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Were you able to see it? I thought I opened it to everyone. 
Okay I have opened it up to everyone. 

Yes good to go now! Thanks for putting it together again.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Using my own words against me nice! Lol. I see both sides of the fence here. Has he played up to his potential nope, not even close. Again though he is still #13 in the world playing like “crap” and as you say could pop at any minute. He is actually stay wise not been that bad tbh. 

He is 8/11 in cuts made. 8 Top 25, 4 Top 10, and 1 Top 5.  

Oh he’s still good. Crap for him. I’d absolutely roster the heck out of him. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Only fell to 11th place after mailing in this week 0-10.  Fairly happy with that. 

Third straight 10-0 week and 38-2 over the last four tournaments! Got myself in the top 10 finally. Hate that we're taking a week off, I don't know what to do during bye weeks haha.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

welp im moving up the leader board one way or another

Also, looking to trade Harris English for those interested. Not Corey Connors...

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I hope you all enjoy your bye week this week... and really consider the impact of trading players 😉

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

13 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I hope you all enjoy your bye week this week... and really consider the impact of trading players 😉

🤫 There is no impact, it is a free for all!

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

🤫 There is no impact, it is a free for all!

As the big trade just drops....

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

As the big trade just drops....

Hopefully it lived up to the hype. 3 teams and 7 fairly big names. 

Buy Trading GIF by AvaTrade

1053976032_Screenshot2021-04-1918_27_26.png.d4c1b19946894eafa7634bb7067062dc.png

Bubba's reaction trying to figure it out and how and the ripple effects it is going to have for the rest of the season.

bubba watson win GIF

@blackngold_blood this is how i picture when it was accepted
Offer Trade GIF by Dynasty Drunks

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

The app is locked up. Probably a good thing. I am scared to see what happened to my rank this past week.. It was rough.. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

2 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

The app is locked up. Probably a good thing. I am scared to see what happened to my rank this past week.. It was rough.. 

App works for me. 

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

App works for me. 

It was not loading for a while. Working now. Dropped 6 places.. Ouch.. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 4/18/2021 at 4:36 AM, Apolloshowl said:

Again I'm bored and the F1 Race doesn't start for another hour!

That race was certainly worth the wait though!

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
7 Wood - :PXG: 0341x Gen 4, Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw Blue 75-S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X LS