TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

30 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

That reminds me. What is the cut of for the playoffs? The top what get in? 

Top 35 as per Stud a couple post below me. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

11 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Inquiring fantasy rookie minds would like to know how exactly you screwed yourself?

6 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Traded away Bryson.. lol

That was part of it. Then I didnt really understand the league worked. So I made errors trying to get as many points each week as I could rather than pay attention to the play offs.

The only thing that hurt ya was not having guys when you got to the second and 3rd week of the playoffs. If I remember correctly didn’t you just have Bryson last year and picked up 7 others each week?

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Exactly and remember there are bonus points awarded to those higher in the standings at the end of the Regular season, just like the FedEx Cup. So it can be worth it to continue the course now and maybe earn a extra few points to get a upper leg going into the playoffs. I forget what the breakdown is and someone correct me if I am wrong, but the points for each playoff week carry over? Or was that just the last two weeks? Either way the standings at the regular season finale are still very important and can make a difference of a player potentially. 

Yup, you’ve basically got it. Same format as last year where the ‘points for’ reset to zero, teams get bonuses based on their regular season, then we cut X teams after each event. Points roll over so the champ will be the one with the most total points during the 3 events of the FedEx playoffs. 

From the post way back in the thread:

• Playoffs will be during the 3 PGA Playoff events.
    • 35 make the first round, 20 make the 2nd, and 10 will play in the Tour Championship
    • Cumulative points for those 3 weeks will determine the league winner
    • You'll receive points bonuses to begin the playoffs depending on how high you finish during the regular season.

27 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

That reminds me. What is the cut of for the playoffs? The top what get in? 

35 teams. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

6 minutes ago, STUDque said:

Yup, you’ve basically got it. Same format as last year where the ‘points for’ reset to zero, teams get bonuses based on their regular season, then we cut X teams after each event. Points roll over so the champ will be the one with the most total points during the 3 events of the FedEx playoffs. 

• 35 make the first round, 20 make the 2nd, and 10 will play in the Tour Championship
    • You'll receive points bonuses to begin the playoffs depending on how high you finish during the regular season.

35 teams. 

Thanks. as it stands right now, I would be the last guy in. HAHA.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

37 minutes ago, STUDque said:

35 teams. 

I would like to amend this to add “Don’t trade with @blackngold_blood” haha 🤣🤣🤣!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

11 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I would like to amend this to add “Don’t trade with @blackngold_blood” haha 🤣🤣🤣!

Come on now!  I actually probably would have been considered the loser of the trade had my original offer been accepted. If Rory starts winning again I will know for sure that it is me! Lol

8 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Come on now!  I actually probably would have been considered the loser of the trade had my original offer been accepted. If Rory starts winning again I will know for sure that it is me! Lol

Haha listen. I’m down to trade Hovland, so long as the offer includes your left lung and first born child. Or Justin Thomas. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

9 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Haha listen. I’m down to trade Hovland, so long as the offer includes your left lung and first born child. Or Justin Thomas. 

Well JT is a no but let’s talk about this left lung/first born. She is in college so as long as your willing to pick up the Bill we could have a deal! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

23 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well JT is a no but let’s talk about this left lung/first born. She is in college so as long as your willing to pick up the Bill we could have a deal! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s some fantasy dedication right there. Kid? Expendable. JT? Oh heck no. Hahaha. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

10 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

That’s some fantasy dedication right there. Kid? Expendable. JT? Oh heck no. Hahaha. 

Priorities my man Priorities!

34 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Priorities my man Priorities!

Let’s hope she never joins the forum hahaha. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

I couldnt bring myself to give up Hovland. I like the guy and he is playing well.

Asking price is going up this weekend, I think he wins at Quail Hollow. Him and JT are the two I'm building my DFS teams around.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

Definitely feel the Bryson trade brings your team up a notch @blackngold_blood. Well done and Rory as a lot of us have stated could turn at any moment. Even if he didn't perform great at majors he was incredible in several other events the last couple seasons and although I am not a big Keegan fan, he can be a solid contributor. 

We are in week 14 of 27 and Trade Deadline is is July 29th. Still a fair ways off. It is a little what I eluded to above in another post. It is really interesting to see how teams are being managed this season. Even more so as we get closer to the end sometime we see big names worth a lot less because of FedEx standings and so on. What role will injuries have to play with Koepka? Surely if some guys like Fowler, English and others who have struggled more this season will they be dropped or traded... Even someone like Woodland has found the waiver wire several times this season (and you all keep picking him up before I can get him). 

And finally what role will the waiverwire have and our budgets leading into the final stretch? Last season we had 200 FABB and drafted all our players. This year we only have a 100 to work with and had to use some of that to fill our rosters. By the way you can check out everyones remaining FABB here: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/teamInfo.go?leagueId=bbx3abmtkipyb858
When it comes to the end who will win the bidding war for those final players getting into the top 125 and so on. 

This is all to say there is so much more to come in the season and it is going to be a lot of fun as well as exciting to see who plans are the most successful for building a Championship Team!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Definitely feel the Bryson trade brings your team up a notch @blackngold_blood. Well done and Rory as a lot of us have stated could turn at any moment. Even if he didn't perform great at majors he was incredible in several other events the last couple seasons and although I am not a big Keegan fan, he can be a solid contributor. 

We are in week 14 of 27 and Trade Deadline is is July 29th. Still a fair ways off. It is a little what I eluded to above in another post. It is really interesting to see how teams are being managed this season. Even more so as we get closer to the end sometime we see big names worth a lot less because of FedEx standings and so on. What role will injuries have to play with Koepka? Surely if some guys like Fowler, English and others who have struggled more this season will they be dropped or traded... Even someone like Woodland has found the waiver wire several times this season (and you all keep picking him up before I can get him). 

And finally what role will the waiverwire have and our budgets leading into the final stretch? Last season we had 200 FABB and drafted all our players. This year we only have a 100 to work with and had to use some of that to fill our rosters. By the way you can check out everyones remaining FABB here: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/teamInfo.go?leagueId=bbx3abmtkipyb858
When it comes to the end who will win the bidding war for those final players getting into the top 125 and so on. 

This is all to say there is so much more to come in the season and it is going to be a lot of fun as well as exciting to see who plans are the most successful for building a Championship Team!

It’ll definitely be interesting to see how the waiver wire plays a roll coming down the stretch. I’m hoping I have a big enough budget to be able to make those couple key moves I may need coming into the last few weeks!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

So its been a slow morning and I've done more digging on Fantrax for some waiver wire specific information. Here are some more or less fun facts that I found...

Total FABB Spent this season: 2241 FABB
Total Claims worth min 1: 282
Highest Amount for Player: 80 (Richy Weresky in Week 1)
                                               : 73 (Harris English in Week 3) 
Most Total Amount Paid for Player across multiple claims : Mackenzie Hughes 138 FABB over 7 Claims
                                                                                                        Followed closely by CH3 with 120 FABB
Most Claims for a Player (min 1 FABB) : 11 times for James Hahn
                                                                     : 8 (Hadwin) 7 (Hughes, HV3 and CH3)
725 Total Claims this season-
6 Claims over 50 FABB
13 Claims at 15 FABB
16 Claims at 10 FABB
32 Claims at 5 FABB
22 Claims at 3 FABB
34 Claims at 2 FABB
75 Claims at 1 FABB

1 Team over the starting budget @tchat07 with 106 
10 Teams with their whole budget left
5 Teams with no budget left

Most Added Players: Hahn (18 times),  Werenski (17 times), Knox (16 times)

That's a wrap, hope you all enjoy my boredom and for those wondering there have been so many good players on the wire and looking back I wish I had put some big bids in on a few different players.  

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

5 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I’m definitely not not liking my team lol

Having 4 guys inside the top 10 in FedEx points (including 1&2) and 4 guys in the top 12 OWGR (including 1&2) is not too shabby.
Having DJ, JT, and BAD as my top 3 with Cantlay at 4 and Scheffler at 5 should get me 5 in the tour championship as long as no one falls apart and should I make it that far. But I will probably move Cantlay before tomorrow knowing me cuz well that’s what I do lol. 

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Having 4 guys inside the top 10 in FedEx points (including 1&2) and 4 guys in the top 12 OWGR (including 1&2) is not too shabby.
Having DJ, JT, and BAD as my top 3 with Cantlay at 4 and Scheffler at 5 should get me 5 in the tour championship as long as no one falls apart and should I make it that far. But I will probably move Cantlay before tomorrow knowing me cuz well that’s what I do lol. 

I both want to make a offer and want to sit tight and see how the next few weeks go....

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Who did you start with anyway lol? I want to know how in the hell this has happened...... 

im tight with trades. The we got some real loose traders around here, who have you paid off!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Who did you start with anyway lol? I want to know how in the hell this has happened...... 

im tight with trades. The we got some real loose traders around here, who have you paid off!

He started with a dream, a predraft trade and almost no FABB and turned it into ... well all that!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I believe I started with Rory, Brooks, Kuchar, Leishman from the draft and picked up Homa. Traded Brooks right after his win and before the knee issue. 

44 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I believe I started with Rory, Brooks, Kuchar, Leishman from the draft and picked up Homa. Traded Brooks right after his win and before the knee issue. 

Capitalizing love it!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

4 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

So its been a slow morning and I've done more digging on Fantrax for some waiver wire specific information. Here are some more or less fun facts that I found...

Total FABB Spent this season: 2241 FABB
Total Claims worth min 1: 282
Highest Amount for Player: 80 (Richy Weresky in Week 1)
                                               : 73 (Harris English in Week 3) 
Most Total Amount Paid for Player across multiple claims : Mackenzie Hughes 138 FABB over 7 Claims
                                                                                                        Followed closely by CH3 with 120 FABB
Most Claims for a Player (min 1 FABB) : 11 times for James Hahn
                                                                     : 8 (Hadwin) 7 (Hughes, HV3 and CH3)
725 Total Claims this season-
6 Claims over 50 FABB
13 Claims at 15 FABB
16 Claims at 10 FABB
32 Claims at 5 FABB
22 Claims at 3 FABB
34 Claims at 2 FABB
75 Claims at 1 FABB

1 Team over the starting budget @tchat07 with 106 
10 Teams with their whole budget left
5 Teams with no budget left

Most Added Players: Hahn (18 times),  Werenski (17 times), Knox (16 times)

That's a wrap, hope you all enjoy my boredom and for those wondering there have been so many good players on the wire and looking back I wish I had put some big bids in on a few different players.  

My big FABB regret is picking up Tiger early in the year (before the accident when it looked like he might still be able to play). I think the next week he crashed his car. Luckily I didn’t dump much into that. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

5 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

My big FABB regret is picking up Tiger early in the year (before the accident when it looked like he might still be able to play). I think the next week he crashed his car. Luckily I didn’t dump much into that. 

It was so easy to over spend early. I am still amazed there were guys like Cam Smith/Cam Davis, Fitzpatrick, English and more available at some point in time or another. Take those 4 alone and you would have a solid blocks for a playoff team. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

17 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

The only thing that hurt ya was not having guys when you got to the second and 3rd week of the playoffs. If I remember correctly didn’t you just have Bryson last year and picked up 7 others each week?

I have Victor Hovland as well. I but yeah I pretty much swapped my whole team each week trying to ride hot players. It worked to get points but then none of the continued past the first round of the play offs. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I would be happier if I had another top ten guy but meh.. We will see how it goes. Still good fun. 

13 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I have Victor Hovland as well. I but yeah I pretty much swapped my whole team each week trying to ride hot players. It worked to get points but then none of the continued past the first round of the play offs. 

Pretty sure there Zalatoris will fetch a good trade. Need to use the school of BNG and play the multitrade game to make many moves to get the guys you want. May take a bit of time and several moves. That and keep a close eye on the WW, seems like lots of talent available each week.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

17 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Pretty sure there Zalatoris will fetch a good trade. Need to use the school of BNG and play the multitrade game to make many moves to get the guys you want. May take a bit of time and several moves. That and keep a close eye on the WW, seems like lots of talent available each week.

Zalatoris is such a hard guy to value. He’s an absolute stud and there’s no debating that. However, if he doesn’t win a tournament he’s worthless come playoffs. It’s like every week he isn’t traded is a bigger and bigger gamble that you cost yourself a good exchange. Granted, if he wins the payoff is huge. I’d absolutely want him on my team right now, but I’m just looking for those guys who play a ton and are getting me a ton of regular season points. I already have a nice group of high ish fedex guys. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

11 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Zalatoris is such a hard guy to value. He’s an absolute stud and there’s no debating that. However, if he doesn’t win a tournament he’s worthless come playoffs. It’s like every week he isn’t traded is a bigger and bigger gamble that you cost yourself a good exchange. Granted, if he wins the payoff is huge. I’d absolutely want him on my team right now, but I’m just looking for those guys who play a ton and are getting me a ton of regular season points. I already have a nice group of high ish fedex guys. 

Yeah, It keep holding out hope he wins one.. If he does. I think he is top ten guy easily. 

Thats my problem with zalatoris right now, banking on him winning and trading conners for him was a real gamble. If he can be my 3rd come playoffs I am sitting pretty but until then I am kind of up 💩 creek

Check out my reviews:

WITB: