TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

3 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Yeah, It keep holding out hope he wins one.. If he does. I think he is top ten guy easily. 

He’d immediately vault to the top 10 of fedex standings and be a top 15-20 player in owgr. The difficulty is the if is winning on the PGA tour, which is ridiculously difficult. If he has the same season next year without winning he’s a top 15 guy just based on how many top 25s he has. I want to say he’s leading the tour in that category. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 minute ago, jddaigneault said:

He’d immediately vault to the top 10 of fedex standings and be a top 15-20 player in owgr. The difficulty is the if is winning on the PGA tour, which is ridiculously difficult. If he has the same season next year without winning he’s a top 15 guy just based on how many top 25s he has. I want to say he’s leading the tour in that category. 

It is really dumb that the PGA does not have some kind of provision to allow him full status simply due to his current rank. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

1 minute ago, Quigleyd said:

It is really dumb that the PGA does not have some kind of provision to allow him full status simply due to his current rank. 

I mean, the provision is that you win. His performance has earned him his card for next season. They also need to protect members who do carry a card going into the season. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

I mean, the provision is that you win. His performance has earned him his card for next season. They also need to protect members who do carry a card going into the season. 

I guess, but why do players need protecting? I am not sure I understand that. The protection is good play. 

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I guess, but why do players need protecting? I am not sure I understand that. The protection is good play. 

Fed Ex rankings earn them money. If any sponsors exemption can just jump them on the rankings list and they don’t qualify for post season that’s money out of their pocket. It’s likely an “earn your stripes rookie” type deal. Not saying I agree with it, that’s just my understanding of it. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Fed Ex rankings earn them money. If any sponsors exemption can just jump them on the rankings list and they don’t qualify for post season that’s money out of their pocket. It’s likely an “earn your stripes rookie” type deal. Not saying I agree with it, that’s just my understanding of it. 

Yeah, that is my understanding as well. I get it is the rules of the game and is what it is. As a fan I just like seeing the best out there. Will only gets into events right now as a sponsors exemption. Which luckily for him there are plenty as he is hot and marketable as he could possibly be. 

I agree he is hard to evaluate and maybe he can be flipped for 2 guys to someone who can afford to take on a little more risk? 
Btw @xOldBenKenobiXis doing some fantastic updates to the trade chart that will soon be rolled out which will hopefully help evaluate players a little better as well. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

The green check mark means the player is in the field this week correct? If a player is in the field but does not have the checkmark does this get updated at some point? 

The green check mark means the player is in the field this week correct? If a player is in the field but does not have the checkmark does this get updated at some point? 

Yes, I believe it might get updated weekly by fantrax, but I am not 100% sure

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Yes, I believe it might get updated weekly by fantrax, but I am not 100% sure

Trying to decide if I want to make a swap but I want to make sure it will count. 

10 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

That is correct. It normally gets updated Tuesday, however if someone backs out or is unable to play (Hatton last week) it updated within a hour or seeing the article that he wasn't playing so although sometimes a bit slow to get it updated at the start of the week they are normally very good after Tuesday of the week. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

8 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

That is correct. It normally gets updated Tuesday, however if someone backs out or is unable to play (Hatton last week) it updated within a hour or seeing the article that he wasn't playing so although sometimes a bit slow to get it updated at the start of the week they are normally very good after Tuesday of the week. 

It is kind of an odd deal.. I am curious about this. I think it may be because Fantrax has his name wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

It is kind of an odd deal.. I am curious about this. I think it may be because Fantrax has his name wrong. 

Here is the link to the field: https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wells-fargo-championship/field.html
This way you know forsure if player X is going to be playing to help you with your decision. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Just now, Apolloshowl said:

Here is the link to the field: https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/wells-fargo-championship/field.html
This way you know forsure if player X is going to be playing to help you with your decision. 

Yeah, I know he is in the field. 

1 hour ago, Quigleyd said:

Yeah, I know he is in the field. 

If he’s playing in the field he will for sure count in Fantrax. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

If he’s playing in the field he will for sure count in Fantrax. 

I am almost 100% certain there is a glitch at play here. Will figure it out later. But I dont really want to broadcast it till I know for sure.. Some other greedy fantasy league'r will try and snatch him up.. lol. 

rough start for some bigger names.. Course is no push over. 

Space Jam Golf GIF
Get ready to get lost down the rabbit hole and dive deep into the numbers as @xOldBenKenobiXand myself (although credit does go to him) have been working behind the scenes to create the ultimate trade chart to help everyone improve their rosters and value players.

Again big shout out to him, as he has made this incredible and taken my Sunday project and made it into a real tool for all of you to use... for only the cost of 1 draft pick in next years draft!!

Before a few housekeeping notes: Please be patient as it will be open to everyone and if we have many using it then it may slow down a bit. It is very simple to use, drop downs of players, player comparisons and all your data easily visible on one sheet. With a separate sheet for trade analysis. 

Also please avoid changing any of the numbers or forumlas as he even has it so most of the data will auto populate! 
Here is the link and enjoy this amazing tool in helping you evaluate players and make informed choices on trades and offers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kjVzaQBdvXrK_cESzqtzLl-r8E9eLC5-2OWbDpZn_-0/edit#gid=731279675

Keep in mind peoples value of players is still subjective and although this list really does help doesn't mean everyone will value players the same way. 

Enjoy and please everyone who does use it give you a big shout out to @xOldBenKenobiXfor his work on this!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

7 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Space Jam Golf GIF
Get ready to get lost down the rabbit hole and dive deep into the numbers as @xOldBenKenobiXand myself (although credit does go to him) have been working behind the scenes to create the ultimate trade chart to help everyone improve their rosters and value players.

Again big shout out to him, as he has made this incredible and taken my Sunday project and made it into a real tool for all of you to use... for only the cost of 1 draft pick in next years draft!!

Before a few housekeeping notes: Please be patient as it will be open to everyone and if we have many using it then it may slow down a bit. It is very simple to use, drop downs of players, player comparisons and all your data easily visible on one sheet. With a separate sheet for trade analysis. 

Also please avoid changing any of the numbers or forumlas as he even has it so most of the data will auto populate! 
Here is the link and enjoy this amazing tool in helping you evaluate players and make informed choices on trades and offers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kjVzaQBdvXrK_cESzqtzLl-r8E9eLC5-2OWbDpZn_-0/edit#gid=731279675

Keep in mind peoples value of players is still subjective and although this list really does help doesn't mean everyone will value players the same way. 

Enjoy and please everyone who does use it give you a big shout out to @xOldBenKenobiXfor his work on this!

appreciate the work in this. Thank you..

16 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Space Jam Golf GIF

A couple things to make it easy to use, the sheet named trade points is designed for a simple look and gather the information if you want to, you can sort the players by A-Z or Z to A, or any values by high to low or low to high.

image.png.54c99a428a211ab5248031eb41f34edd.png

I have not figured out how to have the google sheet allow to search and show the desired player.

Now to the good part, all those numbers should be interactive on the Trade, ADD and Drop comparison chart.

You can compare two players side by side and will show each metric and difference.

The drop down should make it easier to search each player, however you can also type the players name and as long as it is listed on Fantrax you should be able to get it.

image.png.b5e7a0c75d2507367de0e36d7298a448.png

I did notice that Fantrax has slight spelling differences for some players for example 

on Fantrax they have Si Woo Kim 

On OWGR the spelling  Siwoo Kim

If you guys notice something like that, let me know and I can correct the names so it is the same spelling.

I will try and update the Fantrax ranking every Monday.

With that in mind, the Fantrax both Year to date and Points per Event Rankings are from Jan 28th until now.

Although Fantrax has over 3200 players and all are listed there, for the OWGR we are using the top 300 players and for the FedEx cup only 244 players are ranked.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

some interesting rankings in that doc..

This seems like an effort to educate  people to make smarter trades with @blackngold_blood 🤣   All kidding aside,  the man is the master of the trade! 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

This seems like an effort to educate  people to make smarter trades with @blackngold_blood 🤣   All kidding aside,  the man is the master of the trade! 

That silly document won’t stop me!😝

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

he is constantly shuffling the deck.. haha. I am not even sure how to initiate trades haha... 

10 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

he is constantly shuffling the deck.. haha. I am not even sure how to initiate trades haha... 

I think both BNG and I can assist you with that... await something in your inbox!
Edit: Nvm can't find anything that would be fair for both sides or that wouldn't be considered stealing....

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

2 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

A couple things to make it easy to use, the sheet named trade points is designed for a simple look and gather the information if you want to, you can sort the players by A-Z or Z to A, or any values by high to low or low to high.

image.png.54c99a428a211ab5248031eb41f34edd.png

I have not figured out how to have the google sheet allow to search and show the desired player.

Now to the good part, all those numbers should be interactive on the Trade, ADD and Drop comparison chart.

You can compare two players side by side and will show each metric and difference.

The drop down should make it easier to search each player, however you can also type the players name and as long as it is listed on Fantrax you should be able to get it.

image.png.b5e7a0c75d2507367de0e36d7298a448.png

I did notice that Fantrax has slight spelling differences for some players for example 

on Fantrax they have Si Woo Kim 

On OWGR the spelling  Siwoo Kim

If you guys notice something like that, let me know and I can correct the names so it is the same spelling.

I will try and update the Fantrax ranking every Monday.

With that in mind, the Fantrax both Year to date and Points per Event Rankings are from Jan 28th until now.

Although Fantrax has over 3200 players and all are listed there, for the OWGR we are using the top 300 players and for the FedEx cup only 244 players are ranked.

Super cool, thanks man!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

@Apolloshowland @blackngold_blood are in cahoots don't let them fool you! Page is designed to benefit them in the trades!

JK JK I am just mad I cannot forecast trades down the line like BNG

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

@Apolloshowland @blackngold_blood are in cahoots don't let them fool you! Page is designed to benefit them in the trades!

It is always about the next move my man!  Can’t rest on your laurels!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I think this is more likely to lead to some kicking themselves over past trades they've made. A cursory look is interesting, because the gap between the top players and second tier is not as huge as some might like to think it is, and shows some people may be better served trading away a big name to get depth to help them get back in the hunt. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Just now, jddaigneault said:

I think this is more likely to lead to some kicking themselves over past trades they've made. A cursory look is interesting, because the gap between the top players and second tier is not as huge as some might like to think it is, and shows some people may be better served trading away a big name to get depth to help them get back in the hunt. 

And yes, I realize this is a self serving statement as someone who would like to trade depth to get another big name. I would like to see mutual benefit, but I'm not trading Hovland and Scheffler for BAD, and this helps illustrate why.

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW