TESTERS WANTED! ×

2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

Taking offers for Cameron Smith plus willing to pair with others. Have offers in by tomorrow morning...

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

19 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

If only badges had a rarity value to them. Sadly that one would be in the common section of badges. 

Of course I kid... To be honest I am surprised you're able to get as many trades through as you do. I have sent out goodness knows how many offers but have a tough time finding trade partners. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Of course I kid... To be honest I am surprised you're able to get as many trades through as you do. I have sent out goodness knows how many offers but have a tough time finding trade partners. 

It’s all good. I usually have anywhere from 5-10 trades out at a time. Usually fairly constant for me. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Lots of money being spent this week on the waiver wire. $78 dropped on various players... I was hoping to get Lowry but @Lacassemscooped him up for much more then I was willing to drop for him. I am guessing we will see a lot of full rosters this week. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Lots of money being spent this week on the waiver wire. $78 dropped on various players... I was hoping to get Lowry but @Lacassemscooped him up for much more then I was willing to drop for him. I am guessing we will see a lot of full rosters this week. 

I’ve been waiting to get bim. I like Lowry a lot and is a good replacement for Thompson (I think) IMO he was the best player out there on waivers. I had him at 6 at first but wanted to make sure I got him lol. Would 6 have done the job?

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

27 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I’ve been waiting to get bim. I like Lowry a lot and is a good replacement for Thompson (I think) IMO he was the best player out there on waivers. I had him at 6 at first but wanted to make sure I got him lol. Would 6 have done the job?

Nope I think I put 5... I had him as priority 1, but oh well. I was happy with Robert Mac and Hadwin. I don't like to spend much if any at all on those last 2 spots on my roster as I will likely drop them the next week if they are not playing. So although I it would have been nice to have him if he was not playing next week I would have ended up dropping him and wasting that FABB. 

I have a plan for my FABB which I used last season so I am as stingy with it as I can be. Truthfully I am already a little upset I have spent as much as I have already. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

4 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Nope I think I put 5... I had him as priority 1, but oh well. I was happy with Robert Mac and Hadwin. I don't like to spend much if any at all on those last 2 spots on my roster as I will likely drop them the next week if they are not playing. 

4 hours ago, Lacassem said:

I tried to get him too - been slow-playing the waiver cash, and threw in $11 for him thinking I'd squeeze out a win over the $10 bids. Got that wrong...

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

Reminder to double check your waivers... I lost on on a guy because I thought I had the right guy dropped after my trade with BNG.  Turned out I didn't and my bid would have netted me that guy

Live and learn! 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

2 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

I tried to get him too - been slow-playing the waiver cash, and threw in $11 for him thinking I'd squeeze out a win over the $10 bids. Got that wrong...

I am here putting 3 dollars bids, thinking I am a big spender. 🤑

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

34 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I am here putting 3 dollars bids, thinking I am a big spender. 🤑

It's funny how everyone views waivers and what to spend. If it was someone i was planning on building into my roster then I would spend a good amount. However the way I've built mine i have two spots i switch out most weeks so seems hard to justify spending each week on guys who I will likely drop. I do wish I had spent bigger on some names that came up earlier in the season, but that's the breaks! 

I will guarantee by the end of the season I will have spent all of mine though.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, Apolloshowl said:

It's funny how everyone views waivers and what to spend. If it was someone i was planning on building into my roster then I would spend a good amount. However the way I've built mine i have two spots i switch out most weeks so seems hard to justify spending each week on guys who I will likely drop. I do wish I had spent bigger on some names that came up earlier in the season, but that's the breaks! 

I will guarantee by the end of the season I will have spent all of mine though.

Trading waiver pickups is how you build a team!  In fact I have traded a few guys multiple times that I got off waivers.  🤣 

Also I have received a few trade offers, while I haven’t accepted any yet, some haven’t been a long way off from the accept button. Every one seems to be starting to get the hang of things. That said JT, Spieth, and Hovland are untouchable for me at the moment. I will take offers for Hideki, Berger, and Niemann but will not give them away. All 3 are top 16 in FedEx points and Top 30 in the world.  Happy trading everyone! 

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

10 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Trading waiver pickups is how you build a team!  In fact I have traded a few guys multiple times that I got off waivers.  🤣 

Also I have received a few trade offers, while I haven’t accepted any yet, some haven’t been a long way off from the accept button. Every one seems to be starting to get the hang of things. That said JT, Spieth, and Hovland are untouchable for me at the moment. I will take offers for Hideki, Berger, and Niemann but will not give them away. All 3 are top 16 in FedEx points and Top 30 in the world.  Happy trading everyone! 

I agree for sure. Trading lots of waiver guys is how you can build and improve a team. Sometimes hard to justify trading a player when you can pick them up off of waivers for free. 

Hence why I am sad about missing out on Cam Smith and a few others. Even Woodland and he was available several times! 

That being said I do like my roster Overall. A few guys who can do better to raise their stock, but 4 solid guys who should be reliable for the remainder of the season.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

On 5/11/2021 at 9:36 AM, blackngold_blood said:

Finally somebody that wanted Hatton! Now what to do with Webb Simpson! Lol

You regretting this trade yet? Tyrrell by a million this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO7uWGgDna8/?utm_medium=copy_link

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

5 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

You regretting this trade yet? Tyrrell by a million this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO7uWGgDna8/?utm_medium=copy_link

If anything I’m even happier with the trade. I can’t do them colors together! Plus those clothes don’t fit in my book!😂

If we had a Golf Circus League who would you pick?

---for those who don't know what a circus league is we had one in football and it was basically you are picking player you think will play, but play poorly and you get points for that, however kickers and punters gained extra points---

For golf since it wouldn't be much fun to or really all that nice to pick guys or hope they play badly so my caveat is you would be picking guys to make the cut, but finish last after making the cut. You get points for bogies and doubles and negative points for birdies and eagles and pars are a push. After the cut you would get bonus points based off how low they finished and if they somehow won you get negative points. So pick players to make a cut, but not finish high who are the guys you are looking to add to your roster?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

26 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

---for those who don't know what a circus league is we had one in football and it was basically you are picking player you think will play, but play poorly and you get points for that, however kickers and punters gained extra points---

For golf since it wouldn't be much fun to or really all that nice to pick guys or hope they play badly so my caveat is you would be picking guys to make the cut, but finish last after making the cut. You get points for bogies and doubles and negative points for birdies and eagles and pars are a push. After the cut you would get bonus points based off how low they finished and if they somehow won you get negative points. So pick players to make a cut, but not finish high who are the guys you are looking to add to your roster?

I’d say Rickie but he’d have to make the cut. Sergio has been adept as making cuts and then promptly blowing up this year. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

I’d say Rickie but he’d have to make the cut. Sergio has been adept as making cuts and then promptly blowing up this year. 

Those are two good picks... also just finished listening to NLU PGA preview podcast and one of the bets on draft kings is who will do better Sergio or Fowler. For obvious selfish reasons I would putting my money on Rickie. 
Just for reference, what got me thinking about this was-

1323913804_Screenshot2021-05-1908_08_21.png.ea2245f5487d8e190c27ffe97a6043f2.png

Although he hasn't made a cut the poor guy hasn't had positive fantasy points in the 3 events he has been in. 
I would go with guys like Dufner, Nick Taylor and DJ Trahan. Not big names, but guys who I think make enough cuts but don't really seem to be in contention. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I could finally roster Hunter Mahan again!

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I could finally roster Hunter Mahan again!

I was thinking Hunter Mahan too, haha. Ever since the terrible shot at the 2010 Ryder Cup he's gone downhill.

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

8 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Made cuts is the real challenge here... I'm sure we could do some research and make some good picks, but that would take a while. My picks:

Beau Hossler

Rory Sabbatini (50/50 on good finishes and lower made-cut finishes)

If it's a Keeper League, then the long plays are Matt Every & Jim Herman -- lots of lower finishes, but every once in a while, BOOM, they win and extend their eligibility.

8 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Give me the PGA professionals who qualified and sprinkle in a little Phil Mickelson. Guaranteed W.

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Small change to the trade sheet.

I have added a ranking for each category for each player who is being looked at.

This addition is to help visualize where each player is ranked, as all of us value different rankings differently.

FedEx cup ranking

OWGR

Fantrax YTD

Fantrax PPE

image.png.abadbbb85fa414d1f1d7172c51883deb.png

MGS Golf Fantasy trade Chart V3

I hope this change is of help.

I forgot to mention, if you guys notice any discrepancies with OWGR or the Fedex Rankings, let me know, regardless of, on all categories but the FedEx, only the top 300 players get points for with, and the FedEx is up to the ones who have FedEx points, 245 currently.

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

If you're looking for some additional fantasy like games to play this weekend, join our chirp league to live bet the PGA.

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Big Major week!! Good luck to all! Hope I don't go 0-10 like I did last week

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

3 minutes ago, cciciora13 said:

Big Major week!! Good luck to all! Hope I don't go 0-10 like I did last week

Good luck to you and everyone else, it shou be a good weekend to watch golf. 

My Reviews:

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Good luck to you and everyone else, it shou be a good weekend to watch golf. 

And a better one to play - Saturday and Sunday afternoon for this guy!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

19 minutes ago, revkev said:

And a better one to play - Saturday and Sunday afternoon for this guy!

Awesome, have fun out there. 

My Reviews:

I just think it's important to note that at one point in the PGA Championship Rickie Fowler was a co-leader at -1.  This is going to be my week! 

That is all, carry on.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

6 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I just think it's important to note that at one point in the PGA Championship Rickie Fowler was a co-leader at -1.  This is going to be my week! 

That is all, carry on.

I would love to see Rickie carry one and pull a win this weekend.

My Reviews: