2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

1 minute ago, Bucky CC said:

"I thought nothing of it when it was offered but it's outrageous now that a much more even trade was vetoed and we all know his trade would have been executed."

I strongly disagree with your comment alleging collusion amount the commissioners.  If for some reason you would have accepted Zalatoris for Louie we would have vetoed the offer.  We had a lot of discussion over your trade and ultimately decided it was unfair due to the fact that Morikawa won the Open and is at the top of the FedEx Cup with only 3 tournaments left.

If you'd like to discuss further please feel free to reach out to one of us directly via PM or on Slack.  Continuing to argue on the forum only damages the league.

I apologize, I didn't mean it as collusion at all. I just assumed the person that offered it would be able to execute it. Either way, I didn't mind the offer at all. It was just interesting that something that lopsided was offered the same day my trade was cancelled. I wish no damage on the league, I enjoy it far too much. 

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

1 minute ago, Josh Ross said:

I apologize, I didn't mean it as collusion at all. I just assumed the person that offered it would be able to execute it. Either way, I didn't mind the offer at all. It was just interesting that something that lopsided was offered the same day my trade was cancelled. I wish no damage on the league, I enjoy it far too much. 

We don't give anyone the authority to push through their own trades. We have to ask one of the others to do it for us. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Just now, Undershooter said:

We don't give anyone the authority to push through their own trades. We have to ask one of the others to do it for us. 

That makes sense. And re-reading my statement it looks like I'm attacking the commish that offered the trade but I'm really not. I have nothing but respect for everyone here and we all offer trades that are crazy sometimes. I guess I just assumed he wouldn't offer something he knew his fellow commissioners would veto. Thanks for responding to all my messages earlier.

• Like 2

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition

I know basically all has been said, but wanted to just say I can see both sides however been involved in the previous Morikawa for Berger trade when it was said here that this trade was happening again I was curious to see what "extra" was going to go along with Berger. I insisted on FABB being added as it will become more valuable now that the trade deadline is approaching and our only way of adding talent will be waivers. This is also the time of year where some bigger names can get dropped for players that are playing. Again adding value to FABB and 18% of our total budget isn't a small amount. Finally I'll add in the week I traded for Berger + FABB for Morikawa, Berger was a favorite going into the weekend and playing while Morikawa was not and that adds value as well.

Example being this week I was trying to get Finau, because I wanted 4, however with that little green star his value is up and at a price I just couldn't find a deal. Him for Hovland straight up to me isn't enough value for Hovland, but anyway this is to say the timing of when that previous trade happened also inflated Bergers value.

I was disappointed when I saw it was a straight 1 for 1 as I felt there should have been more added on the Berger side, but everyone agrees to different trades (pretty sure Morikawa has been traded a lot this season). There have been more lopsided trades and I went through all the trades last week trying to find some, but I think with this one a little too little value given for him and the timing made it look less fair as well. Given there is only 1 event they may play in then playoffs and Morikawa being a lock to play final weekend and Berger maybe only 2 weekends depending on play I can see why it was vetoed. 

Hope both of you guys can rework the deal and find something that works for both of you and is able to add the extra value for Morikawa.

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I can see both sides

Of course you can, you live in Switzerland!

animal.jpg.5d3c9fbbbc9499b59c186706d8d4111f.jpg

• Haha 7

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: RADSPEED, Fujikura Motore 70 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour STiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black 7

I think there are (at least) two things we should agree on to make sure these late trades are fair:

1. Zalatoris trades should be vetoed. Anyone that still has him knew he was a risk, and he gave them a good run. At this point, no playoff-bound team should be shopping him around for a Top 50 (or even Top 75) FedEx guy. Similar to some of the frustration above, I was offered Z for Finau straight up today, which I declined immediately, but I would hope it would get blocked if I accepted. 
  2. Any top tier guy coming from a fringe or out-of-contention team and going to a playoff-bound team should expect a lot of scrutiny. The exception in my mind is if a fringe team is getting someone in the next field to help them with a playoff push. 

I don't disagree with the Berger-Morikawa trade on paper - both are currently in position to make the Tour Championship, and Morikawa might be in position to take a week off (that's still a thing guys do for the Northern Trust, right?), which would put you at a disadvantage. But I get why it was vetoed given the current standings. If it were two playoff teams or if Berger was playing 3M, I'd say let it go through, but there's just no upside for the other team. 

• Like 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

11 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

Of course you can, you live in Switzerland!

animal.jpg.5d3c9fbbbc9499b59c186706d8d4111f.jpg

I guess I walked into that one.... well played well played

Also small milestone of 300 posts in this thread!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I guess I walked into that one.... well played well played

Also small milestone of 300 posts in this thread!

You're welcome, haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Late getting here, what did I miss?

I am kidding of course.

My two cents for what is worth.

Trade offer's come and go, and if is accepted I have no issues with them being processed, regardless of if they could be lopsided, I think at this point, most of us know how to evaluate an offer, the trading sheet is a great tool that was created from @GolfSpy_APH idea of an easy tool to compare players, it does quantify some of the value of the player, but that is just part of it, anyone making a trade should try and understand how their players have been playing as of late and how they might fair on the near future.

Morikawa was part of my roster for a quick second last week, I feel bad now after the open that I did not keep him, but at the time the trade I made gathered me some good value, keeping him would have probably got me a few more wins over the weekend, but we all take a risk trading.

This week I had another trade that was heavily lopsided on my favor, and I even reached back out to ensure that the offer was correct, the other person assured me that it was because they needed players who are playing the next couple of weeks for the final playoff push.

• Like 4

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

53 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

the other person assured me that it was because they needed players who are playing the next couple of weeks for the final playoff push.

This last part is huge at this stage in the season. @GolfSpy_APH mentioned this in one of the posts above, but we were trying to work out a Hovland-for-Tony deal that we just couldn't get right. Neither of us were OK with a 1-for-1 trade for these two, but for very different reasons: he views Hovland as higher value overall (FWIW, so do I); for me, at 16th place, I can't risk another 2-8 week just to get Hovland as my long-term play, so I couldn't give up Tony without getting a decent player back that takes his spot in the field (both of us were actually trying to fill out a solid team for the 3M). Filling his "value" gap and my "playing" gap could have led to something that many view as lopsided, but it would've worked out for both of us given the timing -- if I was in the top 5, I wouldn't have cared so much about replacing Tony in the field, but I need every win I can get right now. We never got there, so hopefully Tony does well this week 🤞

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

1 hour ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

This last part is huge at this stage in the season. @GolfSpy_APH mentioned this in one of the posts above, but we were trying to work out a Hovland-for-Tony deal that we just couldn't get right. Neither of us were OK with a 1-for-1 trade for these two, but for very different reasons: he views Hovland as higher value overall (FWIW, so do I); for me, at 16th place, I can't risk another 2-8 week just to get Hovland as my long-term play, so I couldn't give up Tony without getting a decent player back that takes his spot in the field (both of us were actually trying to fill out a solid team for the 3M). Filling his "value" gap and my "playing" gap could have led to something that many view as lopsided, but it would've worked out for both of us given the timing -- if I was in the top 5, I wouldn't have cared so much about replacing Tony in the field, but I need every win I can get right now. We never got there, so hopefully Tony does well this week 🤞

To my understanding this played a part in our trade. With Gavin trying to get in the playoff picture and Morikawa likely not playing again until the playoffs start (he's playing the Olympics), he was interested in Berger who he thinks will get hot and help him try to make the playoffs. Personally I hope Berger gets hot now that he's with me for the long ride, haha. 

On a side note, I started to add Rafa a few times this week but every time I take him he burns me. Now I don't take him and it still burns me, haha. Good job @Nunfa0on the pickup, hope he plays well all the way through for ya!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

To my understanding this played a part in our trade. With Gavin trying to get in the playoff picture and Morikawa likely not playing again until the playoffs start (he's playing the Olympics), he was interested in Berger who he thinks will get hot and help him try to make the playoffs. Personally I hope Berger gets hot now that he's with me for the long ride, haha. 

On a side note, I started to add Rafa a few times this week but every time I take him he burns me. Now I don't take him and it still burns me, haha. Good job @Nunfa0on the pickup, hope he plays well all the way through for ya!

Thanks mate, I have my fingers crossed 😁

• Like 1

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Yuck.  This may end up as my worst showing for the season. That Malnati is my leading scorer pretty much sums it up 🤣.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

12 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Yuck.  This may end up as my worst showing for the season. That Malnati is my leading scorer pretty much sums it up 🤣.

My team is peaking too early… 4 guys in the top 10… 

Ah well, I’ll enjoy it while I can!  GO RICKIE! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

Well since we are less than a week away from the trade deadline and there is no event next week, let’s start the negotiations now. I’m making everyone available including JT and Rahm!  I will not give them away but these guys never come available so here is your chance to make an offer. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well since we are less than a week away from the trade deadline and there is no event next week, let’s start the negotiations now. I’m making everyone available including JT and Rahm!  I will not give them away but these guys never come available so here is your chance to make an offer. 

"Trade deadline", "no event next week"... clearly I have some catching up to do 😲.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

All 5 of my guys gonna make the cut. Need to keep rolling. Daddy needs some wins. 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

My 4 have made it through and are going quite well 😁

• Like 1

Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts

I had 3 of 4 make it. Macintyre bogies the last hole to miss the cut. Lame.  But my 3 are doing solid led by McNealy. Might have found a keeper for the remainder of the season with my other 5 locked in. Will be changing out my last 2 each of the remaining weeks in hopes of finding the diamond in the rough..

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

37 minutes ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I had 3 of 4 make it. Macintyre bogies the last hole to miss the cut. Lame.  But my 3 are doing solid led by McNealy. Might have found a keeper for the remainder of the season with my other 5 locked in. Will be changing out my last 2 each of the remaining weeks in hopes of finding the diamond in the rough..

I picked up McNealy this week as well, very happy that I did 😁

• Like 2