2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

3 hours ago, gobama84 said:

Why not?  I'm confused.  Can't I drop and add as many as I want?

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

What @blackngold_blood said

The only caveat to that is if you are honestly trying to field the best team possible, and is trying to add players who are playing this week and not  just throwing the towel throwing the towel 

Just make sure there's a direct Add/Drop pair with someone in the Wyndham field and no naked Drops of higher-ranked players, and that the Add/Drop is something you'd consider making mid-season (so dropping someone like Xander and picking up Matt Every should be off the table) -- IMO that's the fair way to do it.

It's a tough balance between keeping the league fun for everyone and keeping integrity in the playoffs. Playoff teams shouldn't get the ability to scarf up high ranked players for cheap at this point, so these guys shouldn't be dropped if it can be avoided. However, freezing teams or completely disallowing the add/drop simply because someone is out of playoff contention has the opposite problem (and makes it not fun for that team) -- they are still playing teams that are trying to improve position and competing with those same teams for the adds, so freezing a team would just give an advantage to anyone in playoff contention that still has them on the schedule. 

Something we could consider for future seasons is restricting Adds of a certain caliber of player at this point in the season (allowing you to drop them, just not compromising the playoffs by making a top-tier player available on waivers for the first time all year). 

• Like 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15* (adjusted to 15.75*), Shaft is a 50/50 split between Accra FX 2.0 300F M5 Flex and Paderson Kinetixx Ballistic TP 85 X Flex

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-PW with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 Black 56* and Chrome 60* w/Accra SPI Tour

Putter: Total headcase, so it depends on the day. Rotate between :EVNROLL: ER11V ("Murdered Out" Black edition),  :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion and a Toulon Madison 

Might be a stupid question BUT I am going to ask anyway, once next week is over are add drops done?

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Might be a stupid question BUT I am going to ask anyway, once next week is over are add drops done?

Nope they continue right up till the final week of playoffs. However once playoffs start teams who do not make it have their rosters locked. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of April 15, 2022

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero - Set at 9.5* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Great question

21 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Nope they continue right up till the final week of playoffs. However once playoffs start teams who do not make it have their rosters locked. 

Hence available players will be a very limited pool

• Like 1

My Reviews:

2022 Test In-Progress: Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Great question

Hence available players will be a very limited pool

This drastically changes what I put for my add this week for FAAB

• Haha 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

3 hours ago, gobama84 said:

If I had the chance to change players last week and had won 8, I would have been in 37th place.  I agree that now I have no chance and being realistic, probably never had a chance.

I understand where you are coming from but you dropped all those guys that included current #32 FedEx. They cleared waivers before anything was done and still had not picked up anybody to replace a single guy you dropped. 

I will level with ya without getting too far involved here. This is where my thought process was throughout this ordeal just to put it out there and you know where I’m coming from. 
When you dropped all those guys I was 60% thinking you quit. Then when they cleared waivers and you still hadn’t picked up anybody I was 100% sure. 

Now with that said I never seen your post about not knowing there wasn’t an event and wanting to field a full team. Still unsure where it was posted as I only seen a reply to it. While that changes things slightly, there is no way to undue what has been done. We can only live and learn from it. 

• Like 5

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Loved the fact that Ancer won this past weekend. Was very well overdue. Tried trading for him a couple times and never got it to work out hahah

• Like 2

Hmmmm, I only had three in last week's field and it looks like the same this week. Hopefully my team will fire in the playoffs 😁🤞

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island 2
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

The only playoff prediction I'll make is that after next week I fall from the 2 spot to the 4 or 5 spot. From there last year I finished 5th after regular season and went on to great week 1 and 2 and cruised to victory and this season should be no different!

10 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

A0F01FFE-3ABA-468D-BCF0-3DD9579AD5D1.gif.470a0831dc8d082b2438b45440307f30.gif

The rest of us are merely game board pieces for youzzz twozzz. 😆

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

56 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The rest of us are merely game board pieces for youzzz twozzz. 😆

I'm taking 'em both down! My team was hot garbage to start the year, if you remove the first month my team is the highest scoring. Took a lot of trading and roster moves but I'm fairly happy with my big 5, just worried about Oosthuizen getting too tired. He looked tired during Sunday's round and is playing again this week.

• Haha 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: Maxfli TourX (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

7 hours ago, Lacassem said:

This drastically changes what I put for my add this week for FAAB

If I had any Claim Budget remaining I definitely wouldn't be spending much if any during this first round of waivers tonight. According to others there should be some solid players that will start to get dropped in the coming days to build up last minute pushes. I was so happy with how I was building my team that I wasn't worried about running out of money but it wouldn't hurt to have some, haha.

• Like 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition

What will $7 get me? 😜

18 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

I'm taking 'em both down! My team was hot garbage to start the year, if you remove the first month my team is the highest scoring. Took a lot of trading and roster moves but I'm fairly happy with my big 5, just worried about Oosthuizen getting too tired. He looked tired during Sunday's round and is playing again this week.

Poor Louie... he's had quite the year.

• Like 3

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

What were the changes to matchups?

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

46 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

What were the changes to matchups?

Matchups auto populated against the median for the three playoff events for all teams. Just wiped them clean so non playoff teams will auto lock once the season concludes. Teams that make the playoffs will have matchups against the median show up but we’ll still score it in a separate sheet I’ll share later. 

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

6 minutes ago, STUDque said:

Matchups auto populated against the median for the three playoff events for all teams. Just wiped them clean so non playoff teams will auto lock once the season concludes. Teams that make the playoffs will have matchups against the median show up but we’ll still score it in a separate sheet I’ll share later. 

Thanks for the clarification! 

Completely separate note, the number of pop up ads on the forum is getting excessive. It just took me clicking ‘x’ four times to be able to quote your post. 😩

• Sad 3

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

2 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Completely separate note, the number of pop up ads on the forum is getting excessive. It just took me clicking ‘x’ four times to be able to quote your post. 😩

It is alot better on a desktop. Phone is brutal for sure.

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

4 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

It is annoying for sure.

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

It is alot better on a desktop. Phone is brutal for sure.

On my cell and personal computer I use the Brave Browser, it allows me to block ads and such.

I do not have that luxury on my work computer where I spend most of my day, so a lot freaking ads for sure.

• Like 2

My Reviews:

2022 Test In-Progress: Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

7 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

It is annoying for sure.

On my cell and personal computer I use the Brave Browser, it allows me to block ads and such.

I do not have that luxury on my work computer where I spend most of my day, so a lot freaking ads for sure.

I had not heard of Brave Browser but will definitely be looking into it!

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

I'm upset Louis O. withdrew for this week but on the other hand I'm glad because that was about to be a brutal stretch of golf. Now he can rest up and hopefully dominate in the Playoffs!

i need my 4 guys to play strong and get me a few spots higher in the ranking. On the other hand, if i do really bad... i could possibly be fighting for a final playoff spot... eeeee

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder