2021 Fantasy Golf

Perhaps this was covered already or maybe last year but is there a reason some players are on waivers until Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday morning?  I would have thought Thursday through Monday would have been long enough on waivers. 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Key Links: State-Of-The-League FANTASY GOLF FOR DUMMIES With the Super Bowl set in our Fantasy Football league, let's go ahead and start taking interest for the Fantasy Gol

OK everybody we're locked. Welcome to the 2021 MGS Fantasy Football League. This is a lengthy message to kick off the season but it's very important so please read it in its entirety. Here's a br

2021 FANTASY DRAFT POST OF DREAMS THE MGS FANTASY GOLF DRAFT IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 22 @ 8 p.m. EST, 7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific... for the rest of y'all, I got nothing.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Perhaps this was covered already or maybe last year but is there a reason some players are on waivers until Wednesday morning instead of Tuesday morning?  I would have thought Thursday through Monday would have been long enough on waivers. 

Was the player recently dropped?  I think if a player is dropped it he goes on waivers for 24 hours from when he was dropped.  So if the player is dropped on Monday,  he wouldn't come off wavers until Wednesday.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Was the player recently dropped?  I think if a player is dropped it he goes on waivers for 24 hours from when he was dropped.  So if the player is dropped on Monday,  he wouldn't come off wavers until Wednesday.  

Correct but I thought everybody came off waivers at the same time Tuesday at 12:00am with everybody going to waivers when the weeks tourney begins. 

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

If it was a golfer who someone else dropped as part of a waiver pickup on Tuesday morning, then they would be on waivers until Wednesday morning I believe.

Check out my review of the  EXPUTT Putting Simulator

Driver - :nike-small: Vapor Speed, 9.5°, Fubuki Z50 S
Hybrid - Warrior 3H

Irons - :wilson_staff_small: D200 5-GW, uniflex, std length/loft/lie
Wedges - :cleveland-small: CBX 52°, 58°
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV

6 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Correct but I thought everybody came off waivers at the same time Tuesday at 12:00am with everybody going to waivers when the weeks tourney begins. 

Don't think so,  but I might be wrong. 

I know Any player dropped on Tuesday also goes on waivers until the Wednesday waivers.  Players dropped on wednesday don't come off waivers until Thursday.   

Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

10 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Don't think so,  but I might be wrong. 

I know Any player dropped on Tuesday also goes on waivers until the Wednesday waivers.  Players dropped on wednesday don't come off waivers until Thursday.   

That is how I understand it but I’m talking about making a waiver claim right now and him not being processed until Wednesday instead of Tuesday like others. 

12 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

If it was a golfer who someone else dropped as part of a waiver pickup on Tuesday morning, then they would be on waivers until Wednesday morning I believe.

Correct. I forgot to multi quote but see my response to @cnosil above

9 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

That is how I understand it but I’m talking about making a waiver claim right now and him not being processed until Wednesday instead of Tuesday like others. 

That doesn't make sense.  How do you know it won't be processed until Wed?  I haven't seen a data on waiver claims but haven't looked either. 

Just now, cnosil said:

That doesn't make sense.  How do you know it won't be processed until Wed?  I haven't seen a data on waiver claims but haven't looked either. 

When you place a waiver claim it goes under pending transactions. Under your team page it will show a down arrow for pending transactions and give a time for when it will be processed 

Just a thought - maybe someone has a pending waiver claim that includes dropping the player you're looking for - in that case it might make sense for the system to delay your claim until Wednesday (rather than deny it on Tuesday and have that player immediately become available).

Hybrid - Warrior 3H

2 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Just a thought - maybe someone has a pending waiver claim that includes dropping the player you're looking for - in that case it might make sense for the system to delay your claim until Wednesday (rather than deny it on Tuesday and have that player immediately become available).

No it was somebody that was already dropped leading up to this week’s tourney 

4 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

No it was somebody that was already dropped leading up to this week’s tourney 

Right, but I'm saying that if Person A currently has pending a waiver claim for the same player that you want, and then Person B has a pending waiver claim for a different player (that involves dropping the player that you and Person A both want) then the system might automatically hold your waiver claim until Wednesday with the hopes of giving both you and Person A the player, rather than giving it to Person A and you missing out on your waiver claim, and then wondering when you check why your waiver claim was denied when the player you want is available.

I'm not saying that's what's happening, but from a game design perspective it might make sense.

Hybrid - Warrior 3H

14 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

Right, but I'm saying that if Person A currently has pending a waiver claim for the same player that you want, and then Person B has a pending waiver claim for a different player (that involves dropping the player that you and Person A both want) then the system might automatically hold your waiver claim until Wednesday with the hopes of giving both you and Person A the player, rather than giving it to Person A and you missing out on your waiver claim, and then wondering when you check why your waiver claim was denied when the player you want is available.

I'm not saying that's what's happening, but from a game design perspective it might make sense.

I’ll take your word on that from the game design perspective but I’m guessing that isn’t what is happening. I’m thinking maybe it was because the player was dropped Thursday morning   

Edit

After looking back slightly farther one of my claims was dropped Wednesday so that can’t be it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

35 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

System shouldn't work that way.   If the player is on 5 rosters,  you can't create a claim even if someone has a transaction to potentially drop the player.    

@blackngold_bloodGiving me an offer that might be too hard to refuse.  Mulling it over, but not sure if I want to make a meaningful move quite so early in the season without seeing how they perform.

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

16 minutes ago, juspoole said:

@blackngold_bloodGiving me an offer that might be too hard to refuse.  Mulling it over, but not sure if I want to make a meaningful move quite so early in the season without seeing how they perform.

I try to come strong with my offers.  Not always possible as some people value certain players more than other people do but I try to avoid the #100 OWGR for #3 type stuff. Lol

• Like 3

Anyone else not seeing who’s playing the Genesis in the app? I don’t see any of the check marks anywhere. My roster, other rosters, the players page all blank as far as check marks are concerned. I haven’t pulled out the computer yet, but didn’t know if it was a “me” problem or a “them” problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

5 minutes ago, 00sportsman said:

Anyone else not seeing who’s playing the Genesis in the app? I don’t see any of the check marks anywhere. My roster, other rosters, the players page all blank as far as check marks are concerned. I haven’t pulled out the computer yet, but didn’t know if it was a “me” problem or a “them” problem.

I don't see any check marks either, but you can check out the field below through the link.

The Genesis Invitational: Field (pgatour.com)

• Like 3

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

I don't see any check marks either, but you can check out the field below through the link.

Thanks. I was going to look that up, but now I don’t have to. I wonder what happened to the check marks.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

2 hours ago, Mtbryant01 said:

I can see only one checkmark on my list.

But the Genesis field have all of my 8 players listed.

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

:titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putters   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Tommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Same here, none check - but I have 6 of 8 playing.  Excited to see how a few of my guys play now that they will be in the points now.  Had took take a few on the chin the first two weeks.  Hopefully this gets me back around the .500 mark.

• Like 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"