2021 Fantasy Golf

Our Sponsors

5 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I agree, the disparity in points against accounts for roughly 17 points per matchup from most PA to least. Hard not to see that playing a role. Hopefully over the course of a long season that data normalizes. I’d love to see “league median’s” record. That team puts up points!

Never even thought about it until right now...

Does Fantrax actually use the league median or is it really the league mean?  Those can be fairly different numbers and I never thought to ask.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Key Links: State-Of-The-League FANTASY GOLF FOR DUMMIES With the Super Bowl set in our Fantasy Football league, let's go ahead and start taking interest for the Fantasy Gol

2021 FANTASY DRAFT POST OF DREAMS THE MGS FANTASY GOLF DRAFT IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 22 @ 8 p.m. EST, 7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific... for the rest of y'all, I got nothing.  

OK everybody we're locked. Welcome to the 2021 MGS Fantasy Football League. This is a lengthy message to kick off the season but it's very important so please read it in its entirety. Here's a br

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

And if Fantrax is up to date (have not looked at the lineup) I only have 2 going this week lol ruh roh

Yeah it should be up to date. There is only 72 golfers in the event and quite a few are European golfers. This is the week that makes you decide to pick up players are chance it with just 2-3 guys. 

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Not at all that I am looking for a change, but it would be interesting to to use the League median as a so called cut line that would indicate who makes playoffs and who left out, then have a secondary cut line for those who would "make it to sunday" so to speak. 
I haven't look much at the individual matchups other then just glancing through on most fridays to see where I stand in most matchups, but may be worth checking out a little closer. Hurts that the west coast swing is a 9 hour time difference so was not about to stay up and watch even though I likely should have seeings how it ended. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

At least half my team can't miss the cut by 1 this week...

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

I’m assuming that this week is set for WGC and not the PR open as well? That would create some craziness which I’m kind of here for.

• Like 2

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

Just now, Mtbryant01 said:

I’m assuming that this week is set for WGC and not the PR open as well? That would create some craziness which I’m kind of here for.

Can you imagine the mad dash for all those players in the PR Open?

• Haha 1

:taylormade-small: M6, 9.0, Tensei CK Orange 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:bridgestone-small: Tour-RX

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

2 hours ago, 00sportsman said:

Never even thought about it until right now...

Does Fantrax actually use the league median or is it really the league mean?  Those can be fairly different numbers and I never thought to ask.

We get a choice and chose median on purpose because it is a more accurate representation of the middle. 

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

We get a choice and chose median on purpose because it is a more accurate representation of the middle. 

Makes sense to me. I just hadn’t even thought about it. Thanks for letting me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I'd just like to note that for those who are a bit skitish about early returns since you aren't playing everyone every week, last year we still had 29/30 of the highest scoring teams make the post season (man, that poor team that finished as a top 30 team who missed out) and hopefully once we'll need to set up those matchups custom we'll be set. In golf it all usually evens out for the most part.

Also, going to be intrigued to see what the play is for some this week.

• Like 3

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

6 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

I'd just like to note that for those who are a bit skitish about early returns since you aren't playing everyone every week, last year we still had 29/30 of the highest scoring teams make the post season (man, that poor team that finished as a top 30 team who missed out) and hopefully once we'll need to set up those matchups custom we'll be set. In golf it all usually evens out for the most part.

I just need my two guys going this week to finish 1-2 then I'll stand a good chance at staying over .500!

It's ok though... I'm still weeks ahead of where I was last year at this point from a winning percentage perspective. 

• Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

14 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

We appreciate you biting the bullet and being the lone top 30 scoring team left out. I really didn't want to have to do it lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

What amazes me is that in a game with 320 points scored between the two "teams" I managed to lose a match by less than .5

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

Well folks I’m almost happy with my team! 😆 I’m shopping Morikawa at the moment.  Before I get any crazy offers realize that he is #6 in the world. 

• Haha 2

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well folks I’m almost happy with my team! 😆 I’m shopping Morikawa at the moment.  Before I get any crazy offers realize that he is #6 in the world. 

I've fielded some funny ones for Rahm lately so best of luck here lol

• Like 2

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

7 minutes ago, Undershooter said:

I've fielded some funny ones for Rahm lately so best of luck here lol

Yeah everybody values players differently but some common sense should be used. A top 10 player in the world isn’t gonna be traded straight up for a guy that barely cracks the top 50 even if he is playing well. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Yeah everybody values players differently but some common sense should be used. A top 10 player in the world isn’t gonna be traded straight up for a guy that barely cracks the top 50 even if he is playing well. 

Preaching to the choir 

• Like 1

The 1st 3 team trade in our league was just executed!  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I have to make sure I'm making adjustments more often.  Keep losing track of time and Thursday rolls around and I'm stuck.  Most of your are probably saying no sh*t - but I am not too familiar fantasy play.  If that wasn't already apparent by my standing in the league thus far.  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X

3 Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 Fujikura Atmos TS Blue 8X

4 Iron - Srixon ZX 23* Recoil F5

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: MP 18 SC Dynamic Gold AMT X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:  image.png.cca2328f4144a299c795aa9b8f3bf677.png Inovai 6.0              :scotty-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"  

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

The 1st 3 team trade in our league was just executed!  

This may have opened a whole new world for you... And a very dangerous one for everyone else.

• Haha 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

Tiger was involved in a single car rollover accident.  CNN is reporting that he is hospitalized after needing the jaws of life to cut him out of the wreck.  It appears no one else was involved or hurt during the incident.

That puts a damper on seeing the big cat in action this year.  I hope he wasn't hurt badly.  I was just looking at a story that he might be back for the Masters too, I can't imagine this wouldn't push back his plans, even if his back wasn't tweaked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats