2021 Fantasy Golf

Was happy to be involved in one of those “big trades.” Giving up Rahm hurt but getting two potential Fed Ex top 30 guys was my goal. I now have 4 in the top 20 with a lurker and 3 spots that can rotate so that I always have 4 guys playing the rest of the season.

That was my strategy - stay Pat with as many top 50 guys as possible through the Masters and set more flexibility up the rest of the way. I’ve had to tank done weeks to get here.

Let’s see how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Key Links: State-Of-The-League FANTASY GOLF FOR DUMMIES With the Super Bowl set in our Fantasy Football league, let's go ahead and start taking interest for the Fantasy Gol

OK everybody we're locked. Welcome to the 2021 MGS Fantasy Football League. This is a lengthy message to kick off the season but it's very important so please read it in its entirety. Here's a br

2021 FANTASY DRAFT POST OF DREAMS THE MGS FANTASY GOLF DRAFT IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 22 @ 8 p.m. EST, 7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific... for the rest of y'all, I got nothing.  

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, revkev said:

I made a reasonable offer for him but you declined it. 🙂

When?

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

12 hours ago, revkev said:

Was happy to be involved in one of those “big trades.” Giving up Rahm hurt but getting two potential Fed Ex top 30 guys was my goal. I now have 4 in the top 20 with a lurker and 3 spots that can rotate so that I always have 4 guys playing the rest of the season.

That was my strategy - stay Pat with as many top 50 guys as possible through the Masters and set more flexibility up the rest of the way. I’ve had to tank done weeks to get here.

Let’s see how it works.

That is going to be tough to beat. 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

I am really not very good at this. But trying to make a couple moves today.. lol...

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

I'll be sending out offers likely this week too... Trying to package fowler and Fleetwood in a 2 for 1. I plan to hold onto Hovland, Spieth and Morikawa and prefer to keep Fitzpatrick and Hatton but they could be available depending on who is offered.

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

When?

My bad that was with someone else, for Rory. :)

Ping G410 - turned down to11.25 degrees, neutral setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Currently testing Edison wedges to replace SCORS that are wearing out. Also auditions for the 14th spot in the bag.  Current possibilities are a Ping 26 degree hybrid - duplicates the 9 wood or 5 iron but would be used almost exclusively for chipping or Tour Exotics 3 wood simply because you can carry 14 clubs and I might occasionally hit it in certain unusual wind conditions once every four or five rounds. 

11 minutes ago, revkev said:

My bad that was with someone else, for Rory. 🙂

😂 I was gonna say the best offer I got for Rory might have been Bud Cauley!

• Haha 2

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Trade Alert Gif
115387951_Screenshot2021-04-2219_37_42.png.406be0562eb647fe05bc2bfb4f6146d3.png
Poor Morikawa didn't last long on BNG, however a nice return in DJ. I know what side of the trade I prefer, but looks pretty darn even overall. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

3 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Trade Alert Gif
Poor Morikawa didn't last long on BNG, however a nice return in DJ. I know what side of the trade I prefer, but looks pretty darn even overall. 

Sent him a slackbot message as soon as I saw it. Rory and DJ show up soon we are all screwed.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

4 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Sent him a slackbot message as soon as I saw it. Rory and DJ show up soon we are all screwed.....

True, I prefer the Morikawa side however there is no denying how talented DJ is and he will always be a favorite regardless of the event. I'll happily take Rory off someones hands for a decent price!

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

6 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Trade Alert Gif

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Finally got DJ!  I will say though that I would have rather gave up Reed over Morikawa but it is what it is. One concern is DJ not playing as often could be a problem. There is a reason that 4/5 of the original DJ owners were outside the top 40. 

On another note I’m still always open to talk trades big or small. Also available should anyone want advice on a trade or anything even if I’m not involved. I love talking trades!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/19/2021 at 6:46 PM, revkev said:

Let’s see how it works.

At least you have a strategy 🙂. I'm still not clear on how this part of the league plays out and haven't given the FedEx cup standings much thought.  It seems like a good many of you are working trades based on FedEx positions? I was just looking at the current FedEx standings and my squads positions... could be worse.  

#7 Speith

#18 Reed

#32 Harman

#34 Simpson

#46 Malnati

#60 Hughes

#61 Griffin

#94 Thompson

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

At least you have a strategy 🙂. I'm still not clear on how this part of the league plays out and haven't given the FedEx cup standings much thought.  It seems like a good many of you are working trades based on FedEx positions? I was just looking at the current FedEx standings and my squads positions... could be worse.  

#7 Speith

#18 Reed

#32 Harman

#34 Simpson

#46 Malnati

#60 Hughes

#61 Griffin

#94 Thompson

I am still unsure of what the fedex cup standings do as well:

#1 Bryson D

#22 Matt Jones

#16 Cameron Smith

#77 Patton Kizzire

#86 Sepp Straka

#94 Michael Thompson

#50 Harold Varner

#28 Will Zalatoris

Lots of disparity there

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I am still unsure of what the fedex cup standings do as well:

#1 Bryson D

#22 Matt Jones

#16 Cameron Smith

#77 Patton Kizzire

#86 Sepp Straka

#94 Michael Thompson

#50 Harold Varner

#28 Will Zalatoris

Lots of disparity there

The FedEx playoffs are what some guys are looking at. Having as many guys as possible inside the top 30 for the final week and so on. One thing to watch is Zalatoris is not #28. Unless he wins a tourney he is not eligible for any of the 3 playoff events. Should he win and get all his previous points earned he would be top 10 I believe. 

• Like 3

The top fantasy teams in the league make the fantasy playoffs which correspond to the fedex playoffs. That means the number of available players goes down each week. The more of those players on your roster before The playoffs start the better you should do. However those top players may not play every week so you need a roster that will qualify you for the playoffs.

It is a balancing act.

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The top fantasy teams in the league make the fantasy playoffs which correspond to the fedex playoffs. That means the number of available players goes down each week. The more of those players on your roster before The playoffs start the better you should do. However those top players may not play every week so you need a roster that will qualify you for the playoffs.

It is a balancing act.

Exactly, a balancing act because you need to get through to the final week to begin with.
Also the higher you end up in the standings heading into the playoffs the more bonus points you receive to reward a good season. 
I do recall being able to pick up 2 guys or either the first or second round of playoffs one of them being Mackenzie Hughes who ended up top getting into the top 30 and someone else who was top 60. There may be some available on the waivers, but I think less likely this season. 
We still have 3 months till the trade deadline as well. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

It is a balancing act.

Exactly - how to have enough good players for majors and the playoffs while having enough spots to keep guys playing to get you inside the top 15 at least heading into the playoffs.

I know there are guys who complained about the lack of strategy when we are playing beat all. IMO there’s plenty of strategy to this, it’s just different than if I were trying to field my best 4 more squad each week.

• Like 3

Ping G410 5-9 wood

SCOR 52,60

EVNRoll ER 5

I feel as though the Cobra Connect 5 thread kinda hijacked our attention... and somewhat rightfully so. 
However just completed some updates on my Trade Project, I've updated around 60 players totals? Again this is something I've been doing in my spare time and is more for fun. With that the first page includes a quick intro and how to, second page has all the rankings and the third is a table for you to play and copy and paste players in to see how they compare or stack up. 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Z8ivU_adG-5XGeeY_KeLYO180vFuWDgov6tU_GvQSDQ/edit#gid=0
I will and can easily do the updates to it each week, but the totalling of players values takes a fair bit more time so that I won't likely do that often unless I am searching trying to make trades. 
Hope everyone enjoyed the bye week and looking forward to being back at it this week. 

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Can we post date figure out the scoring for the Zurich and add it? I had guys on both sides of the playoffs so I had to have had a good week lol

• Like 3

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

It’s definitely a fun format to tune in for, we should see if there’s some sort of bracket challenge we can do in the future to keep us from being fantasy deprived on this week. 

Excited who I have on the team coming into the homestretch, though it’s hard not to feel like I’ve over tinkered or need to make another move or two to bring home the bacon. Rahm/Hovland/Scheffler is a strong 3 with all of them having good seasons, if Casey and Scott can muster up some major performances I’ll be in good shape. The key may be Wolff. Kid is so talented, I have to think he’s going to snap out of it. Though he managed to sink the Morikawa partner up this past week so who knows. 

• Like 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter