2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Here’s your friendly playoff format reminder:

• Playoffs run during the 3 weeks of the real life FedEx playoffs.
  • Top 35 teams get in. 
  • Scores are cumulative with cuts after each event. Winner is the team that scores the most points over the playoff period. 
  • Top 20 advance to round 2, top 10 advance to the championship.
  • Bonuses will be awarded based on your regular season finish using the real life Tour Championship numbers multiplied by 5

1: 50 (-10)
2: 40 (-8)
3: 35 (-7)
4: 30 (-6)
5: 25 (-5)
6-10: 20 (-4)
11-15: 15 (-3)
16-20: 10 (-2)
21-25: 5 (-1)
26-35: Good Luck

I’ve got a spreadsheet off to the side to track this since Fantrax isn’t set up for this style of playoffs. Will post updates after each round. 

1 minute ago, Josh Ross said:

I really want to trade to pick up another FedEx Top 30 guy but I've got four guys right on the bubble and my team is winning every week. It's all for nothing though if I only have one or two guys playing The Tour Championship. 

It is such a crapshoot. We still have half the season left, and three majors. The top 30 could change drastically! You need those top guys, but also need to rack up wins. I'm excited to be in the hunt!

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

42 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

It is such a crapshoot. We still have half the season left, and three majors. The top 30 could change drastically! You need those top guys, but also need to rack up wins. I'm excited to be in the hunt!

Exactly and remember there are bonus points awarded to those higher in the standings at the end of the Regular season, just like the FedEx Cup. So it can be worth it to continue the course now and maybe earn a extra few points to get a upper leg going into the playoffs. I forget what the breakdown is and someone correct me if I am wrong, but the points for each playoff week carry over? Or was that just the last two weeks? Either way the standings at the regular season finale are still very important and can make a difference of a player potentially. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

WOAH!!! why would someone trade Bryson for Keegan and Rory!!! I would only trade him for two others in the top 20 and having to be in the top ten.... 

Rory has looked terrible and Keegan has not won in forever.. 

Good on you @blackngold_blood

• Like 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

1 hour ago, Apolloshowl said:

Exactly and remember there are bonus points awarded to those higher in the standings at the end of the Regular season, just like the FedEx Cup. So it can be worth it to continue the course now and maybe earn a extra few points to get a upper leg going into the playoffs. I forget what the breakdown is and someone correct me if I am wrong, but the points for each playoff week carry over? Or was that just the last two weeks? Either way the standings at the regular season finale are still very important and can make a difference of a player potentially. 

I believe you are correct in them carrying over throughout the playoffs. If I’m not mistaken 1st place in regular season was 40 points right off the bat. 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Just now, blackngold_blood said:

I believe you are correct in them carrying over throughout the playoffs. If I’m not mistaken 1st place in regular season was 40 points right off the bat. 

That reminds me. What is the cut of for the playoffs? The top what get in? 

Haha that was me and I broke the cardinal sin of trading with him but I go back to earlier in the year where he said Rory is awful when he is on his team!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

WOAH!!! why would someone trade Bryson for Keegan and Rory!!! I would only trade him for two others in the top 20.. 

Rory has looked terrible and Keegan has not won in forever.. 

Good on you @blackngold_blood

I’m not disappointed that this was his counter but at the same time I’m thinking Rory is ready to pop. I can’t complain that my #4 guy is Cantlay and #5 is Scheffler!

Now to all you Hovland owners, send me some offers you never know what I’ll accept!

2 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

Haha that was me and I broke the cardinal sin of trading with him but I go back to earlier in the year where he said Rory is awful when he is on his team!

He is. I got him last right when he started his dive!

• Like 1

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

8 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I was in first last year going into the playoffs and totally tanked.. I totally screwed myself though. 

5 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I was in first last year going into the playoffs and totally tanked.. I totally screwed myself though. 

Inquiring fantasy rookie minds would like to know how exactly you screwed yourself?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tchat07 said:

Inquiring fantasy rookie minds would like to know how exactly you screwed yourself?

Traded away Bryson.. lol

That was part of it. Then I didnt really understand the league worked. So I made errors trying to get as many points each week as I could rather than pay attention to the play offs.

30 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Top 35 as per Stud a couple post below me. 

11 minutes ago, tchat07 said:

6 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

Traded away Bryson.. lol

That was part of it. Then I didnt really understand the league worked. So I made errors trying to get as many points each week as I could rather than pay attention to the play offs.

The only thing that hurt ya was not having guys when you got to the second and 3rd week of the playoffs. If I remember correctly didn’t you just have Bryson last year and picked up 7 others each week?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Yup, you’ve basically got it. Same format as last year where the ‘points for’ reset to zero, teams get bonuses based on their regular season, then we cut X teams after each event. Points roll over so the champ will be the one with the most total points during the 3 events of the FedEx playoffs. 

From the post way back in the thread:

• Playoffs will be during the 3 PGA Playoff events.
    • 35 make the first round, 20 make the 2nd, and 10 will play in the Tour Championship
    • Cumulative points for those 3 weeks will determine the league winner
    • You'll receive points bonuses to begin the playoffs depending on how high you finish during the regular season.

27 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

35 teams. 

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

6 minutes ago, STUDque said:

Yup, you’ve basically got it. Same format as last year where the ‘points for’ reset to zero, teams get bonuses based on their regular season, then we cut X teams after each event. Points roll over so the champ will be the one with the most total points during the 3 events of the FedEx playoffs. 

• 35 make the first round, 20 make the 2nd, and 10 will play in the Tour Championship
    • You'll receive points bonuses to begin the playoffs depending on how high you finish during the regular season.

35 teams. 

Thanks. as it stands right now, I would be the last guy in. HAHA.

37 minutes ago, STUDque said:

35 teams. 

I would like to amend this to add “Don’t trade with @blackngold_blood” haha 🤣🤣🤣!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

11 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I would like to amend this to add “Don’t trade with @blackngold_blood” haha 🤣🤣🤣!

Come on now!  I actually probably would have been considered the loser of the trade had my original offer been accepted. If Rory starts winning again I will know for sure that it is me! Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Come on now!  I actually probably would have been considered the loser of the trade had my original offer been accepted. If Rory starts winning again I will know for sure that it is me! Lol

Haha listen. I’m down to trade Hovland, so long as the offer includes your left lung and first born child. Or Justin Thomas. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

9 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Haha listen. I’m down to trade Hovland, so long as the offer includes your left lung and first born child. Or Justin Thomas. 

Well JT is a no but let’s talk about this left lung/first born. She is in college so as long as your willing to pick up the Bill we could have a deal! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well JT is a no but let’s talk about this left lung/first born. She is in college so as long as your willing to pick up the Bill we could have a deal! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s some fantasy dedication right there. Kid? Expendable. JT? Oh heck no. Hahaha. 

• Haha 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

10 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

That’s some fantasy dedication right there. Kid? Expendable. JT? Oh heck no. Hahaha. 

Priorities my man Priorities!

• Haha 1