2021 Fantasy Golf

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Key Links: State-Of-The-League FANTASY GOLF FOR DUMMIES With the Super Bowl set in our Fantasy Football league, let's go ahead and start taking interest for the Fantasy Gol

2021 FANTASY DRAFT POST OF DREAMS THE MGS FANTASY GOLF DRAFT IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 22 @ 8 p.m. EST, 7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific... for the rest of y'all, I got nothing.  

OK everybody we're locked. Welcome to the 2021 MGS Fantasy Football League. This is a lengthy message to kick off the season but it's very important so please read it in its entirety. Here's a br

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Priorities my man Priorities!

Let’s hope she never joins the forum hahaha. 

• Haha 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 hour ago, tchat07 said:

I couldnt bring myself to give up Hovland. I like the guy and he is playing well.

Asking price is going up this weekend, I think he wins at Quail Hollow. Him and JT are the two I'm building my DFS teams around.

• Love 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

Definitely feel the Bryson trade brings your team up a notch @blackngold_blood. Well done and Rory as a lot of us have stated could turn at any moment. Even if he didn't perform great at majors he was incredible in several other events the last couple seasons and although I am not a big Keegan fan, he can be a solid contributor. 

We are in week 14 of 27 and Trade Deadline is is July 29th. Still a fair ways off. It is a little what I eluded to above in another post. It is really interesting to see how teams are being managed this season. Even more so as we get closer to the end sometime we see big names worth a lot less because of FedEx standings and so on. What role will injuries have to play with Koepka? Surely if some guys like Fowler, English and others who have struggled more this season will they be dropped or traded... Even someone like Woodland has found the waiver wire several times this season (and you all keep picking him up before I can get him). 

And finally what role will the waiverwire have and our budgets leading into the final stretch? Last season we had 200 FABB and drafted all our players. This year we only have a 100 to work with and had to use some of that to fill our rosters. By the way you can check out everyones remaining FABB here: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/teamInfo.go?leagueId=bbx3abmtkipyb858
When it comes to the end who will win the bidding war for those final players getting into the top 125 and so on. 

This is all to say there is so much more to come in the season and it is going to be a lot of fun as well as exciting to see who plans are the most successful for building a Championship Team!

• Like 5

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

2 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Definitely feel the Bryson trade brings your team up a notch @blackngold_blood. Well done and Rory as a lot of us have stated could turn at any moment. Even if he didn't perform great at majors he was incredible in several other events the last couple seasons and although I am not a big Keegan fan, he can be a solid contributor. 

We are in week 14 of 27 and Trade Deadline is is July 29th. Still a fair ways off. It is a little what I eluded to above in another post. It is really interesting to see how teams are being managed this season. Even more so as we get closer to the end sometime we see big names worth a lot less because of FedEx standings and so on. What role will injuries have to play with Koepka? Surely if some guys like Fowler, English and others who have struggled more this season will they be dropped or traded... Even someone like Woodland has found the waiver wire several times this season (and you all keep picking him up before I can get him). 

And finally what role will the waiverwire have and our budgets leading into the final stretch? Last season we had 200 FABB and drafted all our players. This year we only have a 100 to work with and had to use some of that to fill our rosters. By the way you can check out everyones remaining FABB here: https://www.fantrax.com/newui/fantasy/teamInfo.go?leagueId=bbx3abmtkipyb858
When it comes to the end who will win the bidding war for those final players getting into the top 125 and so on. 

This is all to say there is so much more to come in the season and it is going to be a lot of fun as well as exciting to see who plans are the most successful for building a Championship Team!

It’ll definitely be interesting to see how the waiver wire plays a roll coming down the stretch. I’m hoping I have a big enough budget to be able to make those couple key moves I may need coming into the last few weeks!

• Like 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

So its been a slow morning and I've done more digging on Fantrax for some waiver wire specific information. Here are some more or less fun facts that I found...

Total FABB Spent this season: 2241 FABB
Total Claims worth min 1: 282
Highest Amount for Player: 80 (Richy Weresky in Week 1)
                                               : 73 (Harris English in Week 3) 
Most Total Amount Paid for Player across multiple claims : Mackenzie Hughes 138 FABB over 7 Claims
                                                                                                        Followed closely by CH3 with 120 FABB
Most Claims for a Player (min 1 FABB) : 11 times for James Hahn
                                                                     : 8 (Hadwin) 7 (Hughes, HV3 and CH3)
725 Total Claims this season-
6 Claims over 50 FABB
13 Claims at 15 FABB
16 Claims at 10 FABB
32 Claims at 5 FABB
22 Claims at 3 FABB
34 Claims at 2 FABB
75 Claims at 1 FABB

1 Team over the starting budget @tchat07 with 106 
10 Teams with their whole budget left
5 Teams with no budget left

Most Added Players: Hahn (18 times),  Werenski (17 times), Knox (16 times)

That's a wrap, hope you all enjoy my boredom and for those wondering there have been so many good players on the wire and looking back I wish I had put some big bids in on a few different players.  

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

5 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I’m definitely not not liking my team lol

Having 4 guys inside the top 10 in FedEx points (including 1&2) and 4 guys in the top 12 OWGR (including 1&2) is not too shabby.
Having DJ, JT, and BAD as my top 3 with Cantlay at 4 and Scheffler at 5 should get me 5 in the tour championship as long as no one falls apart and should I make it that far. But I will probably move Cantlay before tomorrow knowing me cuz well that’s what I do lol. 

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Having 4 guys inside the top 10 in FedEx points (including 1&2) and 4 guys in the top 12 OWGR (including 1&2) is not too shabby.
Having DJ, JT, and BAD as my top 3 with Cantlay at 4 and Scheffler at 5 should get me 5 in the tour championship as long as no one falls apart and should I make it that far. But I will probably move Cantlay before tomorrow knowing me cuz well that’s what I do lol. 

I both want to make a offer and want to sit tight and see how the next few weeks go....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Who did you start with anyway lol? I want to know how in the hell this has happened...... 

im tight with trades. The we got some real loose traders around here, who have you paid off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Who did you start with anyway lol? I want to know how in the hell this has happened...... 

im tight with trades. The we got some real loose traders around here, who have you paid off!

He started with a dream, a predraft trade and almost no FABB and turned it into ... well all that!

• Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

7 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I believe I started with Rory, Brooks, Kuchar, Leishman from the draft and picked up Homa. Traded Brooks right after his win and before the knee issue. 

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

44 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I believe I started with Rory, Brooks, Kuchar, Leishman from the draft and picked up Homa. Traded Brooks right after his win and before the knee issue. 

Capitalizing love it!

Check out my reviews

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

4 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

So its been a slow morning and I've done more digging on Fantrax for some waiver wire specific information. Here are some more or less fun facts that I found...

Total FABB Spent this season: 2241 FABB
Total Claims worth min 1: 282
Highest Amount for Player: 80 (Richy Weresky in Week 1)
                                               : 73 (Harris English in Week 3) 
Most Total Amount Paid for Player across multiple claims : Mackenzie Hughes 138 FABB over 7 Claims
                                                                                                        Followed closely by CH3 with 120 FABB
Most Claims for a Player (min 1 FABB) : 11 times for James Hahn
                                                                     : 8 (Hadwin) 7 (Hughes, HV3 and CH3)
725 Total Claims this season-
6 Claims over 50 FABB
13 Claims at 15 FABB
16 Claims at 10 FABB
32 Claims at 5 FABB
22 Claims at 3 FABB
34 Claims at 2 FABB
75 Claims at 1 FABB

1 Team over the starting budget @tchat07 with 106 
10 Teams with their whole budget left
5 Teams with no budget left

Most Added Players: Hahn (18 times),  Werenski (17 times), Knox (16 times)

That's a wrap, hope you all enjoy my boredom and for those wondering there have been so many good players on the wire and looking back I wish I had put some big bids in on a few different players.  

My big FABB regret is picking up Tiger early in the year (before the accident when it looked like he might still be able to play). I think the next week he crashed his car. Luckily I didn’t dump much into that. 

• Sad 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

5 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

My big FABB regret is picking up Tiger early in the year (before the accident when it looked like he might still be able to play). I think the next week he crashed his car. Luckily I didn’t dump much into that. 

It was so easy to over spend early. I am still amazed there were guys like Cam Smith/Cam Davis, Fitzpatrick, English and more available at some point in time or another. Take those 4 alone and you would have a solid blocks for a playoff team. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

17 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

The only thing that hurt ya was not having guys when you got to the second and 3rd week of the playoffs. If I remember correctly didn’t you just have Bryson last year and picked up 7 others each week?

I have Victor Hovland as well. I but yeah I pretty much swapped my whole team each week trying to ride hot players. It worked to get points but then none of the continued past the first round of the play offs. 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

I would be happier if I had another top ten guy but meh.. We will see how it goes. Still good fun. 

13 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I have Victor Hovland as well. I but yeah I pretty much swapped my whole team each week trying to ride hot players. It worked to get points but then none of the continued past the first round of the play offs. 

Pretty sure there Zalatoris will fetch a good trade. Need to use the school of BNG and play the multitrade game to make many moves to get the guys you want. May take a bit of time and several moves. That and keep a close eye on the WW, seems like lots of talent available each week.

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

17 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Pretty sure there Zalatoris will fetch a good trade. Need to use the school of BNG and play the multitrade game to make many moves to get the guys you want. May take a bit of time and several moves. That and keep a close eye on the WW, seems like lots of talent available each week.

Zalatoris is such a hard guy to value. He’s an absolute stud and there’s no debating that. However, if he doesn’t win a tournament he’s worthless come playoffs. It’s like every week he isn’t traded is a bigger and bigger gamble that you cost yourself a good exchange. Granted, if he wins the payoff is huge. I’d absolutely want him on my team right now, but I’m just looking for those guys who play a ton and are getting me a ton of regular season points. I already have a nice group of high ish fedex guys. 

• Like 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

11 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Zalatoris is such a hard guy to value. He’s an absolute stud and there’s no debating that. However, if he doesn’t win a tournament he’s worthless come playoffs. It’s like every week he isn’t traded is a bigger and bigger gamble that you cost yourself a good exchange. Granted, if he wins the payoff is huge. I’d absolutely want him on my team right now, but I’m just looking for those guys who play a ton and are getting me a ton of regular season points. I already have a nice group of high ish fedex guys. 

Yeah, It keep holding out hope he wins one.. If he does. I think he is top ten guy easily. 

Thats my problem with zalatoris right now, banking on him winning and trading conners for him was a real gamble. If he can be my 3rd come playoffs I am sitting pretty but until then I am kind of up 💩 creek

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

WITB: