2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Here’s your friendly playoff format reminder:

• Playoffs run during the 3 weeks of the real life FedEx playoffs.
  • Top 35 teams get in. 
  • Scores are cumulative with cuts after each event. Winner is the team that scores the most points over the playoff period. 
  • Top 20 advance to round 2, top 10 advance to the championship.
  • Bonuses will be awarded based on your regular season finish using the real life Tour Championship numbers multiplied by 5

1: 50 (-10)
2: 40 (-8)
3: 35 (-7)
4: 30 (-6)
5: 25 (-5)
6-10: 20 (-4)
11-15: 15 (-3)
16-20: 10 (-2)
21-25: 5 (-1)
26-35: Good Luck

I’ve got a spreadsheet off to the side to track this since Fantrax isn’t set up for this style of playoffs. Will post updates after each round. 

some interesting rankings in that doc..

• Like 2

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

This seems like an effort to educate  people to make smarter trades with @blackngold_blood 🤣   All kidding aside,  the man is the master of the trade! 

• Haha 5

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

This seems like an effort to educate  people to make smarter trades with @blackngold_blood 🤣   All kidding aside,  the man is the master of the trade! 

That silly document won’t stop me!😝

• Haha 4

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

he is constantly shuffling the deck.. haha. I am not even sure how to initiate trades haha... 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

he is constantly shuffling the deck.. haha. I am not even sure how to initiate trades haha... 

I think both BNG and I can assist you with that... await something in your inbox!
Edit: Nvm can't find anything that would be fair for both sides or that wouldn't be considered stealing....

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

2 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

A couple things to make it easy to use, the sheet named trade points is designed for a simple look and gather the information if you want to, you can sort the players by A-Z or Z to A, or any values by high to low or low to high.

image.png.54c99a428a211ab5248031eb41f34edd.png

I have not figured out how to have the google sheet allow to search and show the desired player.

Now to the good part, all those numbers should be interactive on the Trade, ADD and Drop comparison chart.

You can compare two players side by side and will show each metric and difference.

The drop down should make it easier to search each player, however you can also type the players name and as long as it is listed on Fantrax you should be able to get it.

image.png.b5e7a0c75d2507367de0e36d7298a448.png

I did notice that Fantrax has slight spelling differences for some players for example 

on Fantrax they have Si Woo Kim 

On OWGR the spelling  Siwoo Kim

If you guys notice something like that, let me know and I can correct the names so it is the same spelling.

I will try and update the Fantrax ranking every Monday.

With that in mind, the Fantrax both Year to date and Points per Event Rankings are from Jan 28th until now.

Although Fantrax has over 3200 players and all are listed there, for the OWGR we are using the top 300 players and for the FedEx cup only 244 players are ranked.

Super cool, thanks man!

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

@Apolloshowland @blackngold_blood are in cahoots don't let them fool you! Page is designed to benefit them in the trades!

JK JK I am just mad I cannot forecast trades down the line like BNG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

@Apolloshowland @blackngold_blood are in cahoots don't let them fool you! Page is designed to benefit them in the trades!

It is always about the next move my man!  Can’t rest on your laurels!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

3 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I think this is more likely to lead to some kicking themselves over past trades they've made. A cursory look is interesting, because the gap between the top players and second tier is not as huge as some might like to think it is, and shows some people may be better served trading away a big name to get depth to help them get back in the hunt. 

• Like 3

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Just now, jddaigneault said:

I think this is more likely to lead to some kicking themselves over past trades they've made. A cursory look is interesting, because the gap between the top players and second tier is not as huge as some might like to think it is, and shows some people may be better served trading away a big name to get depth to help them get back in the hunt. 

And yes, I realize this is a self serving statement as someone who would like to trade depth to get another big name. I would like to see mutual benefit, but I'm not trading Hovland and Scheffler for BAD, and this helps illustrate why.

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

2 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

It is always about the next move my man!  Can’t rest on your laurels!

I have that mentality when it comes to work, fantasy golf nope! Its a skill my man and you have it

• Like 2

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Just now, jddaigneault said:

And yes, I realize this is a self serving statement as someone who would like to trade depth to get another big name. I would like to see mutual benefit, but I'm not trading Hovland and Scheffler for BAD, and this helps illustrate why.

Exactly, there are some solid players out there who are having quietly good (fantasy) seasons and some names (I bring up english again) who have struggled and Woodland is another. Of course with gains in FedEx and fantasy points they can climb up, but at least for getting into playoffs depth can be very valuable. I'm learning there is a balance in having top players and guys who will simply play and make cuts to gain points on more of a week to week basis. 

Of course some people will disagree with some of the numbers or rankings and there is nothing wrong with that. Watching and listening to a lot of fantasy football analysts they will value players all over the place and that's fine. When it comes to this it just helps sort and not rely soley on names of players. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

5 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

Exactly, there are some solid players out there who are having quietly good (fantasy) seasons and some names (I bring up english again) who have struggled and Woodland is another. Of course with gains in FedEx and fantasy points they can climb up, but at least for getting into playoffs depth can be very valuable. I'm learning there is a balance in having top players and guys who will simply play and make cuts to gain points on more of a week to week basis. 

Of course some people will disagree with some of the numbers or rankings and there is nothing wrong with that. Watching and listening to a lot of fantasy football analysts they will value players all over the place and that's fine. When it comes to this it just helps sort and not rely soley on names of players. 

I personally think there needs to be some tweaking to the data. OWGR should probably count for a little more, as that takes someone like Hatton or Rory or DJ who are struggling a bit more credence because they can pop off at any second. I think this is darn good though.

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

2 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

I personally think there needs to be some tweaking to the data. OWGR should probably count for a little more, as that takes someone like Hatton or Rory or DJ who are struggling a bit more credence because they can pop off at any second. I think this is darn good though.

OWGR is a hard one to quantify. Personally I think it has way more value at draft time and early season. As we go along in the season it, again for me, has less value. 
I am a little more of what have you done for me lately (minus Fowler) so although those guys do have a lot of value I would argue they are in a decent spot. DJ and Hatton haven't played a lot of events in our season so far and I think that factors in as well. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

1 minute ago, Apolloshowl said:

OWGR is a hard one to quantify. Personally I think it has way more value at draft time and early season. As we go along in the season it, again for me, has less value. 
I am a little more of what have you done for me lately (minus Fowler) so although those guys do have a lot of value I would argue they are in a decent spot. DJ and Hatton haven't played a lot of events in our season so far and I think that factors in as well. 

That's fair, but does the formula base things on fantrax points or fantrax rankings? If it is based on points it would naturally value OWGR less as the season progresses, but if based on rankings it will not. I think. It would take trial and error to check I would suppose.

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

1 minute ago, jddaigneault said:

That's fair, but does the formula base things on fantrax points or fantrax rankings? If it is based on points it would naturally value OWGR less as the season progresses, but if based on rankings it will not. I think. It would take trial and error to check I would suppose.

It does take points into account (from the start of our season Jan 28th). It takes 2 Fantrax numbers: Total points scored *top 300 and Points per event *top 300. I am sure we can tweak the numbers as we go along. I picked those numbers and calculations based on my gut feeling and more or less how I value those rankings. 
Although it takes their points into consideration it is their ranking within their point totals... EG Spieth has the most points scored this season so he is gets 300 points which is devalued down to 285 (95% of total). For world ranking still 300 are awarded to top spot, but are awarded 80% of 300 so a max of 240. PPE is much less same 300 and 20% because there are some random players who play 1 event and do well, so it helps with some artificial rankings. 
Of course we are open to adjusting, what would be a more fair number? Again this was done based off my gut and how I felt the rankings should be best valued. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

When discussing a trade last night with @Camcmart he asked me if I still based my value off of owgr primarily and this was my response 

Not 100% going by OWGR. A lot is on feel, then OWGR, then FedEx points, and lastly if I'm unsure I think what can I get in trade to make me sure lol

• Like 2

I would trade Bryson for a top ten and a top 20.. What you got? 

19 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I would trade Bryson for a top ten and a top 20.. What you got? 

Don't think I have that to give up and would be way under your asking price. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020