2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

34 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I am here putting 3 dollars bids, thinking I am a big spender. 🤑

It's funny how everyone views waivers and what to spend. If it was someone i was planning on building into my roster then I would spend a good amount. However the way I've built mine i have two spots i switch out most weeks so seems hard to justify spending each week on guys who I will likely drop. I do wish I had spent bigger on some names that came up earlier in the season, but that's the breaks! 

I will guarantee by the end of the season I will have spent all of mine though.

• Like 4

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

1 minute ago, Apolloshowl said:

It's funny how everyone views waivers and what to spend. If it was someone i was planning on building into my roster then I would spend a good amount. However the way I've built mine i have two spots i switch out most weeks so seems hard to justify spending each week on guys who I will likely drop. I do wish I had spent bigger on some names that came up earlier in the season, but that's the breaks! 

I will guarantee by the end of the season I will have spent all of mine though.

Trading waiver pickups is how you build a team!  In fact I have traded a few guys multiple times that I got off waivers.  🤣 

Also I have received a few trade offers, while I haven’t accepted any yet, some haven’t been a long way off from the accept button. Every one seems to be starting to get the hang of things. That said JT, Spieth, and Hovland are untouchable for me at the moment. I will take offers for Hideki, Berger, and Niemann but will not give them away. All 3 are top 16 in FedEx points and Top 30 in the world.  Happy trading everyone! 

• Like 5

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

10 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Trading waiver pickups is how you build a team!  In fact I have traded a few guys multiple times that I got off waivers.  🤣 

Also I have received a few trade offers, while I haven’t accepted any yet, some haven’t been a long way off from the accept button. Every one seems to be starting to get the hang of things. That said JT, Spieth, and Hovland are untouchable for me at the moment. I will take offers for Hideki, Berger, and Niemann but will not give them away. All 3 are top 16 in FedEx points and Top 30 in the world.  Happy trading everyone! 

I agree for sure. Trading lots of waiver guys is how you can build and improve a team. Sometimes hard to justify trading a player when you can pick them up off of waivers for free. 

Hence why I am sad about missing out on Cam Smith and a few others. Even Woodland and he was available several times! 

That being said I do like my roster Overall. A few guys who can do better to raise their stock, but 4 solid guys who should be reliable for the remainder of the season.

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

On 5/11/2021 at 9:36 AM, blackngold_blood said:

Finally somebody that wanted Hatton! Now what to do with Webb Simpson! Lol

You regretting this trade yet? Tyrrell by a million this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO7uWGgDna8/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Haha 4

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

5 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

You regretting this trade yet? Tyrrell by a million this week.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CO7uWGgDna8/?utm_medium=copy_link

If anything I’m even happier with the trade. I can’t do them colors together! Plus those clothes don’t fit in my book!😂

• Haha 1

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

If we had a Golf Circus League who would you pick?

---for those who don't know what a circus league is we had one in football and it was basically you are picking player you think will play, but play poorly and you get points for that, however kickers and punters gained extra points---

For golf since it wouldn't be much fun to or really all that nice to pick guys or hope they play badly so my caveat is you would be picking guys to make the cut, but finish last after making the cut. You get points for bogies and doubles and negative points for birdies and eagles and pars are a push. After the cut you would get bonus points based off how low they finished and if they somehow won you get negative points. So pick players to make a cut, but not finish high who are the guys you are looking to add to your roster?

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

26 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

---for those who don't know what a circus league is we had one in football and it was basically you are picking player you think will play, but play poorly and you get points for that, however kickers and punters gained extra points---

For golf since it wouldn't be much fun to or really all that nice to pick guys or hope they play badly so my caveat is you would be picking guys to make the cut, but finish last after making the cut. You get points for bogies and doubles and negative points for birdies and eagles and pars are a push. After the cut you would get bonus points based off how low they finished and if they somehow won you get negative points. So pick players to make a cut, but not finish high who are the guys you are looking to add to your roster?

I’d say Rickie but he’d have to make the cut. Sergio has been adept as making cuts and then promptly blowing up this year. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 hour ago, jddaigneault said:

I’d say Rickie but he’d have to make the cut. Sergio has been adept as making cuts and then promptly blowing up this year. 

Those are two good picks... also just finished listening to NLU PGA preview podcast and one of the bets on draft kings is who will do better Sergio or Fowler. For obvious selfish reasons I would putting my money on Rickie. 
Just for reference, what got me thinking about this was-

1323913804_Screenshot2021-05-1908_08_21.png.ea2245f5487d8e190c27ffe97a6043f2.png

Although he hasn't made a cut the poor guy hasn't had positive fantasy points in the 3 events he has been in. 
I would go with guys like Dufner, Nick Taylor and DJ Trahan. Not big names, but guys who I think make enough cuts but don't really seem to be in contention. 

• Like 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

I could finally roster Hunter Mahan again!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

I could finally roster Hunter Mahan again!

I was thinking Hunter Mahan too, haha. Ever since the terrible shot at the 2010 Ryder Cup he's gone downhill.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

8 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Made cuts is the real challenge here... I'm sure we could do some research and make some good picks, but that would take a while. My picks:

Beau Hossler

Rory Sabbatini (50/50 on good finishes and lower made-cut finishes)

If it's a Keeper League, then the long plays are Matt Every & Jim Herman -- lots of lower finishes, but every once in a while, BOOM, they win and extend their eligibility.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

8 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Give me the PGA professionals who qualified and sprinkle in a little Phil Mickelson. Guaranteed W.

• Haha 2

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 X

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Small change to the trade sheet.

I have added a ranking for each category for each player who is being looked at.

This addition is to help visualize where each player is ranked, as all of us value different rankings differently.

FedEx cup ranking

OWGR

Fantrax YTD

Fantrax PPE

image.png.abadbbb85fa414d1f1d7172c51883deb.png

MGS Golf Fantasy trade Chart V3

I hope this change is of help.

I forgot to mention, if you guys notice any discrepancies with OWGR or the Fedex Rankings, let me know, regardless of, on all categories but the FedEx, only the top 300 players get points for with, and the FedEx is up to the ones who have FedEx points, 245 currently.

• Like 2

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

If you're looking for some additional fantasy like games to play this weekend, join our chirp league to live bet the PGA.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, Rocket 13.0, Atmos Red 60, Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 900 Tour, 4-PW, True Temper Dynamic gold S300

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 4, 52.0, 56.0, 60.0 - S grind

:taylormade-small: Spider Mini

:titelist-small: Pro-V1 X

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

Big Major week!! Good luck to all! Hope I don't go 0-10 like I did last week

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

3 minutes ago, cciciora13 said:

Big Major week!! Good luck to all! Hope I don't go 0-10 like I did last week

Good luck to you and everyone else, it shou be a good weekend to watch golf. 

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Good luck to you and everyone else, it shou be a good weekend to watch golf. 

And a better one to play - Saturday and Sunday afternoon for this guy!

• Like 2

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

19 minutes ago, revkev said:

And a better one to play - Saturday and Sunday afternoon for this guy!

Awesome, have fun out there. 

• Like 1

My Reviews:

I just think it's important to note that at one point in the PGA Championship Rickie Fowler was a co-leader at -1.  This is going to be my week! 

That is all, carry on.

• Haha 2

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope

6 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

I just think it's important to note that at one point in the PGA Championship Rickie Fowler was a co-leader at -1.  This is going to be my week! 

That is all, carry on.

I would love to see Rickie carry one and pull a win this weekend.

• Like 3

My Reviews: