2021 Fantasy Golf

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I am trying to set it up so we trade 1st and 6th rounds, but can't figure out how to do that.  

Are you in mobile or desktop?

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Key Links: State-Of-The-League FANTASY GOLF FOR DUMMIES With the Super Bowl set in our Fantasy Football league, let's go ahead and start taking interest for the Fantasy Gol

OK everybody we're locked. Welcome to the 2021 MGS Fantasy Football League. This is a lengthy message to kick off the season but it's very important so please read it in its entirety. Here's a br

2021 FANTASY DRAFT POST OF DREAMS THE MGS FANTASY GOLF DRAFT IS SCHEDULED FOR FRIDAY, JANUARY 22 @ 8 p.m. EST, 7 Central, 6 Mountain, 5 Pacific... for the rest of y'all, I got nothing.  

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Are you in mobile or desktop?

desktop

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 minutes ago, cnosil said:

desktop

Got ya. I can’t help with that as I only use mobile.   I’m guessing it is similar though and you have to put in both draft picks from each of us in the trade. 

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I am assuming that ones the last person picks in the 1st round, that last player has the opportunity to pick the best player? All players become available to him (minus the one he had grabbed in rd 1)

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :taylormade-small:  M4 with 60g Atmos red stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: 52, 56, 60 :titelist-small: SM5 & SM6
  • Putter: 34" :odyssey-small: 2-ball original with superstroke grip
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

is it too late to join in the fun? if not, please let me know where to send a message so i can get in on this. thanks!

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

24 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

I am assuming that ones the last person picks in the 1st round, that last player has the opportunity to pick the best player? All players become available to him (minus the one he had grabbed in rd 1)

Hopefully I understood your question, but here is a answer as I understand it. We have 64 teams, and 5 copies of each player to be picked. Teams can only have 1 copy of each player. Therefore it is likely after the first 35 or so picks in the draft the top 7 players in the world will likely be gone. With it being a snake draft the teams picking at the back of the order are likely able to pick up two players that are ranked more towards the top 12-16 range whereas teams drafting in the middle like myself will have chances at a single top 10 player and then a top 20 player and teams drafting at the beginning will be a lock for a DJ or a Rahm, but be looking at top 26 player with their second pick. 
A example draft for a person in the top of the draft order could be as follows based on world ranking
Round 1: DJ (Ranked 1)
Round 2: Paul Casey (Ranked 26)
Round 3: Mark Leishman (Ranked 30)
Round 4: Matt Wallace (Ranked 50)
Round 5: Lanto Griffin Ranked (Ranked 55)
Round 6: Henrik Stenson (Ranked 65)
Hope that helps sort things out and prep for the draft. 

• Like 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 360 (Caddie)

1 hour ago, Chip Strokes said:

is it too late to join in the fun? if not, please let me know where to send a message so i can get in on this. thanks!

Send me your email address. I accidentally left someone in that was supposed to be out so you can take over that team. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

...pretty disappointed that best ball won out. that's weak sauce. takes a large portion of the strategy out of it completely and makes it pretty much idiot proof. there are multiple parts to fantasy sports - 1: drafting/managing a roster, 2: deciding who, within that roster, should start that week in that event. clearly #2 is not in effect and we're just letting the computer figure it out and this is where certain people lose their leverage. I'm in for this year because I committed but if I knew ahead of time that it would be best ball I wouldn't have renewed. 

• Like 3

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

8 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

...pretty disappointed that best ball won out. that's weak sauce. takes a large portion of the strategy out of it completely and makes it pretty much idiot proof. there are multiple parts to fantasy sports - 1: drafting/managing a roster, 2: deciding who, within that roster, should start that week in that event. clearly #2 is not in effect and we're just letting the computer figure it out and this is where certain people lose their leverage. I'm in for this year because I committed but if I knew ahead of time that it would be best ball I wouldn't have renewed. 

understandable. I can see it both ways. The one thing with golf is such a long season. For football, there were weeks some guys forgot to fill starting lineups so their opponent got an easy win and therefore pushed them up the leaderboard.

• Like 2

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

• 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

2 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

understandable. I can see it both ways. The one thing with golf is such a long season. For football, there were weeks some guys forgot to fill starting lineups so their opponent got an easy win and therefore pushed them up the leaderboard.

yep; and that shows you who *really* is committed to it and who is just along for the ride.

doing some research and analysis to determine who is best suited for the upcoming week and who would be a good starter is part of the process - the most important part - and that has all been eliminated.

• Like 1

G410 LST | SpeedZone Big Tour | TM Sim Max 5 | Titleist 818 H2 | Z785 | ZipCore | Exotics DG-1.3

15 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

1 minute ago, StrokerAce said:

yep; and that shows you who *really* is committed to it and who is just along for the ride.

doing some research and analysis to determine who is best suited for the upcoming week and who would be a good starter is part of the process - the most important part - and that has all been eliminated.

While I would have also preferred the Start/Sit method there's still plenty of strategy with best ball.  Do you try to field a full active roster each week?  Should you pick up the hot guy that's ranked number 200 in the world or go with the struggling star that has name value but no real game (paging Mr. Spieth).  How long do you hold on to injured stars (Brooks)?  It's not like everything is now a cake walk.

Remember that this is meant to be a free FUN league for everyone.  We appreciate your commitment to staying in but also want to make sure everyone is happy to be in the league.  If you want us to look for a replacement let us know and we'll do our best to find someone.

• Like 5

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :cobra-small: RADSPEED, Fujikura Motore 70 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour STiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: KING Black 50°, 54°, 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black 7

23 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Sorry man.  I voted for best ball!  But this is only my second year doing fantasy golf... I can see myself having a different opinion next year, but I need more time! haha

• Like 4

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

21 minutes ago, Bucky CC said:

While I would have also preferred the Start/Sit method there's still plenty of strategy with best ball.  Do you try to field a full active roster each week?  Should you pick up the hot guy that's ranked number 200 in the world or go with the struggling star that has name value but no real game (paging Mr. Spieth).  How long do you hold on to injured stars (Brooks)?  It's not like everything is now a cake walk.

Remember that this is meant to be a free FUN league for everyone.  We appreciate your commitment to staying in but also want to make sure everyone is happy to be in the league.  If you want us to look for a replacement let us know and we'll do our best to find someone.

not sure about "plenty" of strategy.... I'll concede some but letting a computer figure it out for you each week is soft.

I'm not going to ditch the league this late in the game; I'll ride it out.

has the scoring been updated in Fantrax to emphasize a players finish in a major?

Charleston, SC

HDCP 12.0

34 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

has the scoring been updated in Fantrax to emphasize a players finish in a major?

Yes I do believe so. There should be categories for regular finishes and finishes in majors on the stats page

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

6 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

Wow!  Number 20 pick.  You can definitely get a Top 5 player.

:ping-small:  G400 Driver, Alta CB 55 S, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 3W, Alta CB S Flex 65, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 19*, Alta CB S Flex 70, Winn Dri-Tac

:ping-small:  G400 4-U Irons, Alta CB S Flex, Winn Dri-Tac

:callaway-small: Smart Sole SW,

:odyssey-small: White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter - Odyssey Stroke Lab Grip

9 minutes ago, gobama84 said:

Wow!  Number 20 pick.  You can definitely get a Top 5 player.

I am number 33, so not bad either.

@Berg Ryman @Undershooter  @Bucky CC

I am not sure if anyone has asked, are we going to have injury or Covid reserve slots?

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

:titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putters   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Tommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

29 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I am number 33, so not bad either.

@Berg Ryman @Undershooter  @Bucky CC

I am not sure if anyone has asked, are we going to have injury or Covid reserve slots?

We are not. It was slightly considered, but with the best ball format where you don't need to make a choice it's unlikely you'll take a full zero like you would have in football or some other sport.

• Like 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

2 minutes ago, Berg Ryman said:

We are not. It was slightly considered, but with the best ball format where you don't need to make a choice it's unlikely you'll take a full zero like you would have in football or some other sport.

Thank you for the clarification Berg👍🏾

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

:titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putters   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Tommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Just now, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Thank you for the clarification Berg👍🏾

No problem, plus again, we're hoping by expanding the player pool we can really get deeper rosters for the most part so you don't feel like your taking a totally unknown flyer.

• Like 2

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33