2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

1 minute ago, Mtbryant01 said:

Hah Oops my bad. I got you mixed up with another team. It’s early…

All good, I am still half way with my first cup of coffee, and doubted my self for a minute too.

• Like 1

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

After first run of Waivers this week looks like Kisner was the hot add with $31 being spent over 3 pickups. Hasn't shown too much this season, but maybe he is due? 

Total of $85 spent this week in efforts to field partial or full teams.

I feel my matchups are a bit unlucky as I have 4 teams with 4 or more, 3 teams with equal to me with 3 and the final either having 1 or 2 in play. Of course hoping to hit on either Hatton or Fleetwood this week would help, but in the end if I scrape out 4-6 wins I'll be happy. 

Sharing a bit of my strategy for the week, which might benefit others looking for some good add/drops for this week's event: check out the US Open Final Qualifying results from yesterday to see who's hot. They are grueling 36 hole tournaments with only a few qualifiers coming out of each one, so guys at the top of the leaderboard need to be playing very well, and many of them are in the field this week. I was able to snag two of the qualifier winners off of waivers with no problem (and for $0 each), both of which are in the field this week, and there are quite a few others available (expect them to play each of the next two weeks). 

Be careful of the Columbus event, though -- it spilled into today, so there might be a couple WDs for this week coming out of that qualifier. Erik Van Rooyen (4 consecutive missed cuts, but T1 with a 2nd round -8) and Chez Reavie (also T1 at -12) are both easy pickups for this week if they stay in the field. And sad news coming out of that event -- looks like Rickie is going to miss by 1 😬

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I tried to add Kisner with a bid of $3 and my #1 priority but for some reason he went to @daviddvmat $1. I’m assuming it is because I had 2 other waiver claims and when he went for more to the other 2 guys it jumped to my other 2 claims. Not a huge deal but something to keep an eye on in case it happens to someone else. 

Unfortunately this is a common occurrence. If I have somebody I really want I'll only submit the one claim. I've bid money before just to have them go free to others even with them as my top priority. Once I stopped submitting so many I've never had a problem.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

18 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Apparently he just didn't bother showing up for his tee time. No notice or anything, just a no show. 

Cant let these golf events get in the way of corporate events.. 

He has become extremely disappointing. 

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

5 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I tried to add Kisner with a bid of $3 and my #1 priority but for some reason he went to @daviddvmat $1. I’m assuming it is because I had 2 other waiver claims and when he went for more to the other 2 guys it jumped to my other 2 claims. Not a huge deal but something to keep an eye on in case it happens to someone else. 

D6302B70-F557-4D0F-BA60-590839979B0F.png

You mean I actually beat you at something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Currently testing BirdieBallOutdoor Putting Mat

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

You mean I actually beat you at something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

See the source image

Well if you want to be technical about it you glitched me but I’ll give ya this W!🤣

• Like 2

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

@fixyurdivot good news bad news. Peta just WD from this weeks event, but he did qualify for the US Open.

• Like 1

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver

:adams-small: GT Tight Lies 3 & 5 wood

:taylormade-small: SLDR AW - 4 iron S flex

:cleveland-small: Rotex 2.0 RTX 588 56°

:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 08M 60°

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

1 hour ago, blackngold_blood said:

Well if you want to be technical about it you glitched me but I’ll give ya this W!🤣

BnG be like...See the source image

I be like...See the source image

• Haha 6
  • Hmmm 1

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm weight in back, Motore X F3 6-S set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   Both with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

7 minutes ago, daviddvm said:

BnG be like...See the source image

I be like...See the source image

I mean I could raise a stink with the commissioners since I bid outbid ya but judging by our records you need him more than me!😝

• Sad 1
  • Haha 4

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Another trade in the books. Only 99 more to go to match BNG

• Haha 4

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Thread

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

2 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Good move for both sides. There are a couple wild card players out there this year that I don't really recall having from previous years. Zalatoris, Wolff, Burns, Homa, Cink and of course Phil. 
I'm sure if you made Smith available you could make many many more trades haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

9 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Only if I decide to stop trading and that ain’t happening anytime soon!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Apolloshowl said:

Good move for both sides. There are a couple wild card players out there this year that I don't really recall having from previous years. Zalatoris, Wolff, Burns, Homa, Cink and of course Phil. 
I'm sure if you made Smith available you could make many many more trades haha

Holding Cam tight to the chest lol. He is actually the only player left from my original draft (besides conners but its not "the same" conners I had)

I said it before Cam is one of those guys I just like his style of play, so nonchalant just enjoy him as a player. But everyone is available for the right price....My price is just higher than most are willing to give up I think.

• Like 2

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green  I :taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S I:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Just now, Lacassem said:

Holding Cam tight to the chest lol. He is actually the only player left from my original draft (besides conners but its not "the same" conners I had)

I said it before Cam is one of those guys I just like his style of play, so nonchalant just enjoy him as a player. But everyone is available for the right price....My price is just higher than most are willing to give up I think.

We all have those players who we like and enjoy watching and therefore value higher then some others. Nothing wrong with that and we all of course can manage our teams however we see fit. 
Some like trading, some like holding tight with their original team and everything inbetween. Just nice to have people active and trying to make the league fun and fair. That being said I did think Rory would have been enough to pry him away ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

6 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

We all have those players who we like and enjoy watching and therefore value higher then some others. Nothing wrong with that and we all of course can manage our teams however we see fit. 
Some like trading, some like holding tight with their original team and everything inbetween. Just nice to have people active and trying to make the league fun and fair. That being said I did think Rory would have been enough to pry him away ;)

I swapped in big Z hoping @daviddvmwould bite but alas no go. I am willing to move Berger though if you are interested! or Burns!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

The field is set...or at least up on the site. Interesting to see Wolff still in there. Hopefully he returns and returns to form. 
https://www.usopen.com/players.html
A few surprising names not in there, namely being Fowler and Day. Poulter got a exemption in and seems to show up for majors and a very deep field of course being a major. Sad that Sneds didn't make it as he has had a great season so far and would have made a last minute pickup for him this week. 
Rahm is set to be back Wednesday before it starts which is great. 

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

8 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

The field is set...or at least up on the site. Interesting to see Wolff still in there. Hopefully he returns and returns to form. 
A few surprising names not in there, namely being Fowler and Day. Poulter got a exemption in and seems to show up for majors and a very deep field of course being a major. Sad that Sneds didn't make it as he has had a great season so far and would have made a last minute pickup for him this week. 

Wolff actually had two different exemptions to make it in the field -- Top 60 OWGR as of May 24 and last year's US Open  finish (Tin Cup wasn't lying about that Top 10 thing). 

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/exemptions.html  -- the By Player tab shows everyone who was exempt and why. 

Sad that Rickie missed by one -- when I checked early yesterday after their qualifier resumed, it looked like he was going to be a in a big playoff (tracking towards 8 guys for 1-2 spots), but I guess a couple guys jumped him toward the end 😦

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

8 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

I was listening the to the results/updates on PGA Tour radio yesterday... quite the grind.  Some surprises for sure.  I now have 7 of my squad in the field - which includes my "triple threat trio" 🥳.

• Like 1

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

16 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Wolff actually had two different exemptions to make it in the field -- Top 60 OWGR as of May 24 and last year's US Open  finish (Tin Cup wasn't lying about that Top 10 thing). 

https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/exemptions.html  -- the By Player tab shows everyone who was exempt and why. 

I just hope that Wolff will be able to actually play on this one.

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

All 8 of my team are in the US Open field💪

See the source image

• Like 2