2021 Fantasy Golf

STUDque
Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Congrats to @blackngold_blood on being the 2021 MGS Fantasy Golf Champion. It was a honour to play this season and just a lot of fun as well! Thank you to all who participated and looking forward to next season as we all try to pull the golden ticket and title away from BNG. 

Screenshot 2021-09-07 14.31.40.png

Week 23: John Deere Classic
Some low scores, a ever changing leaderboard and a lesser star studded field made for a eventful week and Lucas Glover coming out on top at -19. Congrats to him and the 5 owners who had him. Although I didn't watch a ton of it what I did watch was pretty good golf and again the leaderboard was ever changing made for a good Sunday. 

However the fantasy results are a little more important! Glover and Na both are now ranked 32 and 30 respectively in FedEx making them great players for those teams hoping to make long runs into the playoffs. 

Our High Scoring Team of the Week is @cnosil with 218.6 points. His team was led by Na, McNealy, Kizzire and Wise. Arguably his biggest name in Harman missed the cut. He cleared everyone by over 12 points, but we had another 3 teams crack the 200 barrier.

With a League Median of 114.95 it was pretty expected for this week with the field and given a lot of players were over in Scotland preparing for the Open. 

This also meant we had a weird week with only 4 undefeated teams. I had the great fortune of playing 2 of them to continue my difficult strength of schedule. Thank you @B.Boston for the message haha
Screenshot 2021-07-12 07.10.58.png

Then we move to our top 15: @blackngold_blood still leads the way 7 games clear of everyone else. Mr Na managed to score him 2 wins single handedly. Most all the top 10 or so have stayed someone similar, however as I mentioned way back when I was showing watchout for teams with the most points scored against @revkev has climbed his way into the top 10 while still 8th in most points scored against. 
Screenshot 2021-07-12 07.14.28.png

With only 4 events left most these teams should be safe getting into playoffs, however with bonus points being so important each win could make any teams life a lot easier getting to week 2 or week 3 of the playoffs. 

The cut line battle continues to entertain especially with B.Bostons 10-0 week inching him ever closer to the 500 barrier. @Jhigdon13 moved up a few spots after being on the bubble last week and for what it is worth is leading the way with the most points scored against so far this season... he is leading no other then @Steve2100 in that category so interesting to see them so close together and managing to be inside the cutline. 
Screenshot 2021-07-12 07.20.10.png

The trade deadline is looming only a few weeks off, our final Major of the season next week and FABB budgets are getting awfully tight for many of us. It was a good week for several teams to make up some ground on teams that have more bigger names, however now we go into the Open where basically all the big names will be playing (see earlier post for those names who have sadly had to WD for one reason or another). Then we also have the Olympic golf where a lot of good players will be playing and will that mean they miss some regular tour stops? 

There is still time for all the teams to make up ground and grab some extra bonus points or simply buy themselves another week into the playoffs. 

Of course as expected there were a ton of good players left on waivers due to fewer big names- but here are a few that managed to get over 60! this week. With the top player being in the Open for next week.
Screenshot 2021-07-12 07.28.40.png

With 1 major and 3 events to follow in our season this is truly the home stretch. Trade Deadline is a little under 3 weeks away now so pickups from waivers are now arguably more important then any trade that could be made. 

With all this being said I am stupid excited for the Open. It is easily one of my favorite events and despite me cheering for my team I likely won't pay much attention to the fantasy results as I am hoping it will simply just be good fun golf to watch. 

Thank all for reading along and good luck this week and in the final weeks to come!

• Like 9

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

SuperSpeed 2020 from 100-112 and climbing!

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ weight back

:ping-small: G410 Crossover - 2 and 4 iron

Irons:     :ping-small: i210 5-U w/ Nippon Modus 105 stiff (2018 Tester)

Wedge:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 54* 58* w/ Nippon Modus 105 Stiff

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7 35* and oversized grip (2019 Tester)

Balls:      :srixon-small: Z Star

Other:     :Arccos: 

On 7/11/2021 at 5:54 AM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Hate to see it, but not only more names added to the WD list for the Open. Wolff, KH Lee, Kevin Na, Danny Lee, Sungjae and now Hideki lead a fairly long list of players who will not be participating at the Open. While some have given reasons such as Olympics, personal a couple have not and sadly for Hideki due to testing positive he will not be able to compete. 

However with those WD's we see a few new players getting a crack at it including Kaymer, Merrit, Andy Sullivan, Antoine Rozner and I believe Brandon Steele will replace Hideki. EIther way it is too bad to not see some of these guys playing however nice to see a few others get their chance and hopefully make good on it!

On 7/11/2021 at 8:17 AM, fixyurdivot said:

Nuts.  I don't ever recall seeing this many players WD from an event... a major event.

And now Zach Johnson

(Sorry, quoted the wrong post - meant to quote the Bubba comment)

Edited by ChiefMikeOfficer

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

Debating what to do for the open. Currently only have 3 players in the field after NA dropped.  Pick up someone that may drop out, just roll the dice with 3, or target European players.  

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Debating what to do for the open. Currently only have 3 players in the field after NA dropped.  Pick up someone that may drop out, just roll the dice with 3, or target European players.  

Looks like there are already copies of Mav and Wise on waivers so if it was me I would be dropping them and adding a couple guys who are due to play... but of course everyone is different and can understand wanting to hold onto them. 

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic Sub Zero - Set at 10* with Aldila Rogue Max 65 gram 

I have 12 trade offers out guys but I’m open to others. I’m willing to deal especially for the guys on my list.  Just know that JT/Rahm are off limits and DJ/English/Rory/Webb are available  depending on the deal. 

• Love 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

If you wish to learn which big names" have withdrawn from the Open just check out my roster. 😞

And I had Acuna in Fantasy Baseball - Not a great start to the Fantasy week for this guy at all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

10 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I have 12 trade offers out guys but I’m open to others. I’m willing to deal especially for the guys on my list.  Just know that JT/Rahm are off limits and DJ/English/Rory/Webb are available  depending on the deal. 

I would appreciate someone taking DJ off your roster so we don't have any overlapping players and it can be a true battle till the end!

• Haha 1

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I would appreciate someone taking DJ off your roster so we don't have any overlapping players and it can be a true battle till the end!

There's a lot of overlap between us as the three top scoring teams but we've all had very different teams up to this point. You and I share Berger and Cantlay, I share English and Rahm with blackngold, and of course you guys share DJ.

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
3 Wood: :cobra-small: SpeedZone 14.5° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 6.0
3 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2017 CLK 19° Fujikura Speeder Evolution HB Stiff
4 Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 22° Mitsubishi Tensei Blue Stiff
Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 5-9, JPX 921 Tour PW Project X LZ 6.0 Blackout Edition
Wedges: Edison Forged 49°, 53°, 57°
Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 34"
Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

GPS: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch (Thanks MGS!)

20 minutes ago, Josh Ross said:

There's a lot of overlap between us as the three top scoring teams but we've all had very different teams up to this point. You and I share Berger and Cantlay, I share English and Rahm with blackngold, and of course you guys share DJ.

Well good thing the 3 of you wont have to worry in a few weeks and I bring home the championship!! 

• Haha 3

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver 

:taylormade-small: M2 3 Wood or  :ping-small: G410 7 Wood

:taylormade-small: 3 Hybrid or :ping-small: G Crossover 3i
:ping-small:  G410 5i-GW (White Dot, Stiff)  
:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth (54, 58) and sometimes will add a :titelist-small: Vokey SM7 (62)

:ping-small: Sigma 2 Anser 
:918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Range Finder 

54 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Looks like there are already copies of Mav and Wise on waivers so if it was me I would be dropping them and adding a couple guys who are due to play... but of course everyone is different and can understand wanting to hold onto them. 

I typically hold on to Wise; a lot of people seem to want him but there is usually a copy available.  Mav is one of my typical swap players week to week.  I’ll probably do a late addition just to make sure everyone is there and playing. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I typically hold on to Wise; a lot of people seem to want him but there is usually a copy available.  Mav is one of my typical swap players week to week.  I’ll probably do a late addition just to make sure everyone is there and playing. 

It sounds pretty risky to go into a major with only 3, especially when you're in the hunt for the playoffs. I'm giving this advice at risk that you snipe one of the guys I want (using the word "advice" loosely considering my team has been terrible in the last few weeks 😬)...I agree with @GolfSpy_APH  -- drop Maverick and/or Wise and pick up one of the solid players off waivers (plenty of good players available that play a lot in the US and currently qualify for the FedEx Cup Playoffs). If you want them back for next week, you have plenty of cash to make that happen -- unless someone picks them up during the off week, there would be at least 2 copies of them available, which likely means winning bids won't be that high to get them back. 

My bigger question is whether to put in multiple bids. I want a backup option in case my first two choices fall through, but that risks getting hit by that Fantrax bug that everyone's been talking about (I don't trust my backup options will still be available after the first waiver run). 

• Like 1

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9* (adjusted to 10*), Accra TZ6 75 (American Flag), M5 Flex

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM, 15*, Accra FX 2.0 300F, M5 Flex

Driving Iron: :srixon-small: U85 2 iron, Fujikura Pro 2.0 8 HB, S Flex

Irons: :mizuno-small: 4-6:JPX-919 Forged, 7-PW: JPX-919 Tour. All with Nippon Pro Modus 120 S Flex

Wedges: :mizuno-small:T-20 Blue Ion 50.07, 56.10 w/DG Tour Issue S400 (60.06 currently on the bench in favor of :Miura: K-Grind 2.0 60* w/Accra SPI Tour)

Putter: Depends on the day. Bounce between :EVNROLL: ER5B 35" with Gravity Pistol Grip and :mizuno-small: M Craft Type II Blue Ion

Hello my friends, here I am again with the weekly trade sheet update.

MGS Golf Fantasy trade chart

My apologies for the lack of participation here for the past couple of weeks, I have been sick and with a very stiff and painful issue with my neck.

Good luck this week everyone.

• Like 4

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

1 hour ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Hello my friends, here I am again with the weekly trade sheet update.

MGS Golf Fantasy trade chart

My apologies for the lack of participation here for the past couple of weeks, I have been sick and with a very stiff and painful issue with my neck.

Good luck this week everyone.

Secretly he was withholding this update till after he made the trade for BAD 😉

• Haha 3

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

Any Fowler owners willing to sell him for FABB?

• Like 2

⛳🛄 as of Sept 24, 2020

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Any Fowler owners willing to sell him for FABB?

I got some FABB too, who needs some pocket money?

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Almost happy with my team. Looking to move Webb/Na together and possibly Rory depending on the deal.  Looking for Reed, Hovland, Scheffler, Berger, Wolff, Burns

• Like 2

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Still looking for Hovland and Rickie if anyone is looking to move those guys!

• Like 1

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small: G710 Irons Official Review

:Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small:  Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52, 56, 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

On 7/12/2021 at 1:09 PM, blackngold_blood said:

After my last trade with you...... $#%%%

My bad - I was traveling and did not realize that Matsuyama had tested positive for COVID.  

• Sad 1

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.  

7 minutes ago, revkev said:

After my last trade with you...... $#%%%

My bad - I was traveling and did not realize that Matsuyama had tested positive for COVID.  

Won’t lie it surprised me when that counter came in and I couldn’t hit accept fast enough lol

To make up for it I’ll give ya Webb for Hedeki back 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

Almost happy with my team. Looking to move Webb/Na together and possibly Rory depending on the deal.  Looking for Reed, Hovland, Scheffler, Berger, Wolff, Burns

Would also consider Louis Oost as well

• Haha 1