TESTERS WANTED! ×

Recoil Wedge Proto anyone?

Golfcoast

Not a lot of info out there on these. Anyone play the Recoil Wedge Proto? I talked to UST and they said it isn’t the same shaft as wedge/9iron from a set of prototype recoils. It’s a completely different shaft designed for wedges. I ordered a set of F5 128 gram for my Vokey SM7 52 56 60, but they won’t come in until mid January due Covid nonsense. Been playing KBS 610 wedge in 125 and 120. Those are pretty good for me. 

I made the switch a few months ago to Recoil 110 F5 in my irons. So far I love them. Nice mid trajectory and feel really well matched with my Titleist CB’s. I’m playing a ton of golf this past year and my elbows and wrists have been aching a lot. I’ll be 50 soon. Hoping the graphite will cut some of that down. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 8:49 AM, Golfcoast said:

I’m playing a ton of golf this past year and my elbows and wrists have been aching a lot. I’ll be 50 soon. Hoping the graphite will cut some of that down. 

Sorry I can't offer anything on the Recoil Proto wedge shafts, but, I can comment on the above part of your post...

In 2016 and 2017, I experimented with graphite shafts, finally chose one model, put them in a set of Golden Rams.  I did so largely for performance benefits, I found my wind play improved, distance control, all sorts of things.  Not to the point where my scores dropped very much, LOL, but the improvement was noticeable.

After a couple months, I discovered something very interesting....  I found they were alleviating aches I hadn't realized I'd had.  My wrists and elbows felt better; I was learning how the steel shaft usage was affecting me only through the absence of those aches I was unaware of.

It's interesting what we can get accustomed to.  🙂

Edited by NRJyzr

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 11*, Aldila NV75 X, 43.5" -or- SpeedZone, HZRDUS Black 75 6.5, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, RIP Beta 90, 42" -or- Stage 2 Tour, NV105 X, 42.5"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S -or- RIP Alpha 105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, Steelfiber 125 S; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; PM Grind 19 58*, stock shaft
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"; Ping Scottsdale TR Craz-E, 35"; Cleveland Huntington Beach 1, 35"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, Bridgestone Tour B-RXS, Callaway Chrome Soft

Unfortunately, I have no insight to your question. But I will be following because I'm interested as well.  I just purchased a 110 F5 to test out. Mind me asking what shafts you played previously? I was fit in KBS Tour X in 2010. Have played them ever since. I'm only going to be 36 but I'm having elbow/shoulder issues due to the harshness of my steel shafts.  I found an older set of CBs 2 years ago and switched heads from what I was playing. Flushing one feels amazing but missing it even a little bit hurts. Did a little research and I think my strike height is a little high for them. So I'm going back to the first heads for now and make the switch to graphite shafts. I also played the best golf of my life with them so trying to bring back some of those feels

I had the wedge shafts back in 2016 in all my wedges. 

Yes they are a different shaft from the recoil 125 proto iron shafts. The proto iron shafts play slightly stiffer to flex than the non proto iron shafts, however I didn’t feel that in the wedge shafts.  My vokeys swingweighted out the same as the when they had the s200 wedge shafts in them, I didn’t see any difference in ball flight or the ability to play different types of shots with them. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1