Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Crown buffing: Very Good >>> Excellent

That man needs to start a business. He’d make a killing off us hacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

14 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

That man needs to start a business. He’d make a killing off us hacks. emoji1787.pngemoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's probably 2-3 years from retiring, so I'll suggest this to him as a retirement gig.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

59 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Wanted to give a shout out to my dad for some club work he did for me. A couple months back, I ordered a Mavrik FW from Callaway Pre-Owned in "Very Good" condition. I think many of us have seen that, although CPO used to send clubs that were in amazing condition for their listed grade, that has been degraded considerably in the past couple of years. Sure enough, this VG condition FW came to me with a pretty significant scar in the crown on the toe side.

But my dad started his career as a body man in an auto repair shop, so I thought me might be able to repair this. Compare the before picture (which I took) to the picture my dad sent me today:

mavrik-before-and-after.jpg

I don't know what all went into his process, but that's mighty impressive in my opinion! Now I'm hoping I hit this as good as it looks.

I haven't seen CPO underestimate the condition of a club and if they do it is generally a mistake.  The club as show does not meet their VG condition guide or even the next level below.   Amazing work to get the head looking like new, 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I haven't seen CPO underestimate the condition of a club and if they do it is generally a mistake.  The club as show does not meet their VG condition guide or even the next level below.   Amazing work to get the head looking like new, 

I wish I could say the same. The first clubs I bought from them were amazing: "Like New" and "Very Good" were often indistinguishable from new, sometimes with the tags and plastic still on them. But most of my recent orders have been much more underwhelming: my Indianapolis was gouged on the underside, my R-Ball had visible marks at address, my Rogue driver initially came with a shaft that had a crack (that completely broke in two when I put minimal pressure on it). Might just be a string of bad luck on my part, and I still shop there because (with the sales) it's hard to be beat the prices, but I no longer expect outlet/overstock condition.

Full WITB with pictures

One more pic, in better lighting (I sent my dad a message because it looked like the crown graphics might have darkened, but that was just the light).

IMG_20201226_173529.jpg

Full WITB with pictures

Fantastic work MPR.  

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Wanted to give a shout out to my dad for some club work he did for me. A couple months back, I ordered a Mavrik FW from Callaway Pre-Owned in "Very Good" condition. I think many of us have seen that, although CPO used to send clubs that were in amazing condition for their listed grade, that has been degraded considerably in the past couple of years. Sure enough, this VG condition FW came to me with a pretty significant scar in the crown on the toe side.

But my dad started his career as a body man in an auto repair shop, so I thought me might be able to repair this. Compare the before picture (which I took) to the picture my dad sent me today:

mavrik-before-and-after.jpg

I don't know what all went into his process, but that's mighty impressive in my opinion! Now I'm hoping I hit this as good as it looks.

Skill and patience, and more skill.  Looks great.

15 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I wish I could say the same. The first clubs I bought from them were amazing: "Like New" and "Very Good" were often indistinguishable from new, sometimes with the tags and plastic still on them. But most of my recent orders have been much more underwhelming: my Indianapolis was gouged on the underside, my R-Ball had visible marks at address, my Rogue driver initially came with a shaft that had a crack (that completely broke in two when I put minimal pressure on it). Might just be a string of bad luck on my part, and I still shop there because (with the sales) it's hard to be beat the prices, but I no longer expect outlet/overstock condition.

I've read a lot of people comment that on the clubs out of CPO.  If you even read some of the reviews people have complained.  I'd like to think that some of it has to do with the current state of affairs and everyone buying up things during Covid.  BUT I think it actually probably started before then.  Still, like you said, for the price you can't beat them... Just may need to lower expectations and or have that amazing refinish job done on a club.  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Looks like only the clear coat was damaged so he probably treated it just like a car and used a clear coat swirl removing compound (basically a paste with light grit to it) and rubbed out the scratches and swirls and then polished it with a basic solid or spray car wax.

I’ve done this on several glossy wood heads and it works great 

That’s amazing, I’d be thrilled too. Congrats.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

Unreal. Looks amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)