Launch Monitors: Which one will provide clubhead speed WITHOUT hitting the ball....

Hi, all, looking to get a launch monitor to work in my garage as i use Superspeed golf training.  Seems like most of the PLMs require impact, can't do that in my garage.  I want to measure the superspeed sticks and my normal driver until I can get on the course in the spring.  Thanks for recommendations!

Buy some sponge or foam balls. It's been a while, but years ago on another forum this was discussed with swing speed sensors (what now seems like ancient technology). Many of us (>10), including myself, found that "air swinging", without a ball, was significantly slower than swinging at a ball. We never determined why this was so, but having something to actually hit just made a big difference. I even tried wadding up some paper balls, and found that worked well as a substitute. I can't speak to whether it will make a difference with a PLM as opposed to the old swing speed monitors we used, but I would see what the manufacturers say before buying anything.

• Like 1

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

Voice caddie sc200 doesn’t require a ball I think.  Also the prgr launch monitor and the “blue” golf radar device that can be found on the big internet auction site also don’t require a ball I think - in fact I think the superspeed site sells the prgr for exactly that purpose

• Like 1

PRGR, the SSR that is sold on the Super Speed website, SC 200+, and I believe the SC300 as well... 

The SC200 will measure without a ball (it's what I use), but reads can be spotty and it is very sensitive to placement when not using a ball. 

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F9 Driver 9*

:cobra-small: Baffler 2H/4H

:ping-small: G700 4i, G410 6-UW, Glide 2.0 54, 60*

:EVNROLL: ER2.2