TESTERS WANTED! ×

Will a launch monitor help you improve?

I really want to improve my ball striking once and for all. I’ve been using the 18 Birdies app for lessons this winter and I think it’s good feedback. So how do I know if am improving if I can’t see the ball flight? I know how far I usually hit the ball but sometimes I hit a push or a block with what felt like a solid shot. That’s my concern. 

I really want to improve my ball striking once and for all. I’ve been using the 18 Birdies app for lessons this winter and I think it’s good feedback. So how do I know if am improving if I can’t see the ball flight? I know how far I usually hit the ball but sometimes I hit a push or a block with what felt like a solid shot. That’s my concern. 

I have 18 birdies too, but beware the AI: it’s a tad generic, and can’t account for physical limitations you might have. Their AI insists I have too much head movement and a bad spine angle: 2 things my in-person instructor has never even brought up, let alone gave me drills to improve on. IMO it diagnoses swing fault symptoms, and not actual causes.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

This is just one study, but I believe the answer is yes (if it’s a quality launch monitor):

https://blog.trackmangolf.com/effects-trackman-training-development-elite-junior-golfers/

Edited by crw

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

This is something that I have really been mulling over for awhile.

#1 will shelling out a minimum of $500 but probably $1500 actually benefit my game enough to warrant the purchase?

#2 will I actually use it enough to warrant that kind of purchase?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

If you can’t interpret the data and use it to implement a swing change/fix to improve the data then not sure it will help improve ones game

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

11 hours ago, neva_adoubt said:

The answer to your question is maybe.   Many people claim that even seeing the ball on a simulator isn't the same as in real life.   Also,  chasing numbers on a launch monitor isn't a way to improve either since we don't always hit optimal shots on the course.   IF you use the launch monitors to simply understand your numbers and what is occurring in your swing then it can be helpful,  but understanding all the numbers isn't easy. 

In real life we hit shots left, right, past, and short of our intended target;  this is called a dispersion pattern and it is generally pretty wide.  To improve,  you need to see and know that pattern for each club.  Doing it on a cheap launch monitor isn't an easy task.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I'm with @cnosil, a launch monitor provides information.  A lot of the information can be had by simply observing ball flight, but a good launch monitor can provide quantitative data, and data on more factors.  But a launch monitor cannot diagnose the cause of any problematic ball flights.  Based on ball flight, you can tell that your swing path is left of your intended target, and that your face at impact is open to that swing path.  A launch monitor can tell you that your swing path is 4.5 degrees left of your target, and that your clubface is 2 degrees open to the path at impact.  OK, what's next?  Why are you coming outside-in, why aren't you squaring the face to the path?  That takes human eyes, training, and expertise just for the diagnosis.  OK, you find out that you're goat-humping, standing up and stopping your hip rotation too early, what then?  How do you change that pattern, what drills or feels do you need?  Again, expertise, experience, training.  

A launch monitor is a tool, nothing more.  Coupled with good instruction, perhaps even video to help you SEE that you're making the right change even when your shots are still poor, a launch monitor can indicate improvement.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

It is extremely unlikely a LM will make you worse. If you don't put a practice plan together, it is also not going to make you any better blindly hitting balls on it. 

It can be a big help to dial in your carry numbers with irons, see how much distance you lose on "average" poor strikes to better course manage, allow you to work on partial shots and awkward distances from 50-100 yards that many people struggle with, as well as tracking max distance with driver if you are chasing speed gains. Just to name a few... Many have the option to generate random numbers to game-ify your practice which can help keep you engaged or provide scoring on your performance to help track improvement or highlight deficiencies. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 12/28/2020 at 9:56 PM, neva_adoubt said:

If you’re not going to buy a GC Quad, Trackman, or the like, then the only way one of these cheap monitors helps is by having you swing more often. They’ve shown in numerous tests that they just aren’t accurate, so why look at “distances”, or “direction” if the feedback you’re getting isn’t true? I just don’t see any reason. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

The only value I see from a personal LM is club head speed. If you're looking to improve SS that'll help you and you'll be able to find several under $500. I've also used Trackman data to set-up a 'carry distance' chart for each club which is later confirmed by real distance check using programs such as ARRCOS. 

Gizmos are nice and provide info - but unless they're paired with an improvement program/lessons, they're just nice toys. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

As a SkyTrak owner I’ve developed an indoor SkyTrak swing and then I have my normal outdoor golf swing because what works indoors doesn’t seem to translate on a real golf course. The one benefit I have seen is SkyTrak has really helped me with a better swing path because I feel left/right spin numbers are accurate enough to tell me if I’m slicing or hooking a shot. This has translated to the course.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Looked at the MLM's that are affordable and have decided to rent time, $25/hour, with expensive Trackmans, perhaps once or twice a month during Winter.  During week hit into net while recording video with iphone.  The big issue I have had in 2020 and hopefully not in 2021 is dispersion -not available on all MLM's, specifically have tendency to have an occasional super well hit ball that is score killer (ex. 8-iron not mishit  but 30 yds more-potential lost ball over green).  Doing in person lessons-with masks- to address this winter.            

Driver - 2023 Callaway Paradym 9.0, 3 Wood -2022 Rogue ST Max, 3 Hybrid Mavrik, 2017 X-forged 4-PW, Wedges Callaway 50-56-60, Putter Odyssey Toulon Chicago     

On 12/30/2020 at 12:35 PM, PMookie said:

If you’re not going to buy a GC Quad, Trackman, or the like, then the only way one of these cheap monitors helps is by having you swing more often. They’ve shown in numerous tests that they just aren’t accurate, so why look at “distances”, or “direction” if the feedback you’re getting isn’t true? I just don’t see any reason. 

Just when I was plotting how to get my hands on a Mevo+

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

22 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

Just when I was plotting how to get my hands on a Mevo+

This thread is making my used, $125 SC200 look like a 05/17/1997 Amazon stock purchase 🙂.  I too have been contemplating a more budget friendly, DIY, LM set-up.  It sounds like part of the decision to do so had better be for the fun/entertainment of seeing balls fly down a simulated golf course... not so much for the improving my game. I suspect $10k+ worth of golf lessons would yield a better ROI with that goal being the primary reason for purchase.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

• 1 month later...

Im curious about the same thing.  The one MLM im interested in is the Rapsodo.  The numbers seem very close to as accurate as a GC quad. It does show dispersion in the app.  But it works for for iphone.

Keepin' the long grass short and my balls wet, 1 shot at a time .

I am probably not in the norm on this topic but I wanted to share my opinion.

To me, all that matters is the first few inches of the club path before you impact the ball and the few inches past impact. As long as there is a straight line between the center of the club face, and the distance before and after impact the ball will go straight. Sounds so simple! Before launch monitors were even a thing there were video cameras. I used to go video my swing and play it back on my TV in slow motion and draw angles on the screen with dry erase markers. Then compare to golf book angles, golf digest and such. It worked for me. I wanted to get better but I lived in areas without the technology to assist with golf. 

I never lived in an area with access to fittings like the ones that are available today. Still don't have access. My local golf shop doesn't even have a place to swing a club. To get to my point I never knew my numbers and truthfully still don't. What matters to me is performance on the course or range. I put an Optishot2 system in my garage and really the only thing I care about is the face angle feedback. Am I square or not, open or closed and by what degree. I was given a brand new MEVO a couple of years ago from someone who won it in a golf tournament because he said he would never use it. So I have a tool that I can use but the only time I use it is for data for a MGS test. My club did just put in a Trackman system on the range but I have not asked anyone to check my numbers.

I am not someone that gets hung up on the numbers. Even though I have the tools I couldn't tell you my launch angle, spin rate, ball speed, smash factor and such because I don't get hung up on it and I don't want to fall into chasing numbers. I want to see my ball flight and see my distance, dispersion and accuracy on the course. That just means more to me. I figure I got from a 30 something handicap down to a low single digit without knowing numbers, why start now.  I'm no spring chicken and there is not a lot that I can do to drop my handicap further. At this stage I am just trying to keep myself at my current performance level. 

Best investments is lessons. Find someone that you relate to and can work well with. Video often and compare your before and after.  But if you are a numbers guy I understand completely. Life is full of choices. 

NUMBERS GUYS... Don't bash me too badly. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

I think I am more of a feels player and course performance player than a numbers guy.  But I do make use of the LM numbers for comparison sake when making changes to a club or swing. 

Its easy to see a change in flight data on a LM when tweaking club weight like I did recently.  Swing it in the current set up to get a baseline, made changes to the head weight and hit about 10 to get ball data and swing feels for comparison.  Made another change or two and hit it again to get comparison data.  All the while noting how the club feels and if I can work the ball flight into the different windows that I want.

I can also use the clubface data to see if the swing adjustment to slightly increase my AoA has been effective since the last session. 

I will still make the final decision on a club set up and swing with how I can work the ball on the course not based on the LM numbers.  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

40 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

To me, all that matters is the first few inches of the club path before you impact the ball and the few inches past impact. As long as there is a straight line between the center of the club face, and the distance before and after impact the ball will go straight. Sounds so simple! Before launch monitors were even a thing there were video cameras. I used to go video my swing and play it back on my TV in slow motion and draw angles on the screen with dry erase markers. Then compare to golf book angles, golf digest and such. It worked for me. I wanted to get better but I lived in areas without the technology to assist with golf. 

I never lived in an area with access to fittings like the ones that are available today. Still don't have access. My local golf shop doesn't even have a place to swing a club. To get to my point I never knew my numbers and truthfully still don't. What matters to me is performance on the course or range. I put an Optishot2 system in my garage and really the only thing I care about is the face angle feedback. Am I square or not, open or closed and by what degree. I was given a brand new MEVO a couple of years ago from someone who won it in a golf tournament because he said he would never use it. So I have a tool that I can use but the only time I use it is for data for a MGS test. My club did just put in a Trackman system on the range but I have not asked anyone to check my numbers.

I am not someone that gets hung up on the numbers. Even though I have the tools I couldn't tell you my launch angle, spin rate, ball speed, smash factor and such because I don't get hung up on it and I don't want to fall into chasing numbers. I want to see my ball flight and see my distance, dispersion and accuracy on the course. That just means more to me. I figure I got from a 30 something handicap down to a low single digit without knowing numbers, why start now.  I'm no spring chicken and there is not a lot that I can do to drop my handicap further. At this stage I am just trying to keep myself at my current performance level. 

Best investments is lessons. Find someone that you relate to and can work well with. Video often and compare your before and after.  But if you are a numbers guy I understand completely. Life is full of choices. 

I don't disagree with any of this. Feedback from ball and working the problem backwards is how I taught myself to play this game. And while yes, you can get hung up on the numbers, having technology SHOULD help get the results faster. There are many ways to get the ball in the hole and for each individual the way they attack that is different.

To the OP if you commit to understanding and using the LM there are very few downsides. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

As someone who just bought a used Mevo, my 2 cents is that I agree with what everyone above says. Having a LM is great if you are a numbers/data guy (I am an engineer by trade so data makes me hot lol) but if you don't know what to do with that data then that is all it is...data. What you want to do is take that data and turn it into useful information so you can make an informed decision on what to do next. I went from a simple LM with swing and ball speeds with calculated carry to the Mevo because I want to work on my spin and launch. I know that the accuracy of the data can be a bit varied but I am not looking for exact numbers. I am looking to establish a baseline and then improve off that baseline. I know that based on my latest driver fitting my launch angle is around 15 degrees with about 3500 back spin. Those may or may not be the numbers I get on the Mevo but I can normalize the data and look for improvements. As for flight and feedback, I plan on mostly hitting at the range so I will be able to see ball flight. I know that on the range I go to, I carry to the 200 yard flag with my driver but that translates to about 220-230 yards of carry on the course (the course is at the base of a mountain so the range is uphill) so again if you are using a LM to improve, it is critical to be able to translate that data to usable information to develop a game plan.

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

2 hours ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I'm with you all the way.  Lessons to learn what makes the ball go and turn, practice to understand what makes the ball go and turn translates to lower scores.  The key here is putting in the work to improve your game.   The tech side can help accelerate those lessons by  watching your own video playback, or allow you to get the reps in under what were unplayable conditions before (cold, rain, nighttime) with a launch monitor and a roof over your head---shout out to @THEZIPR23

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Here is an example where a launch monitor can help you potentially improve.

Struggling with my driver and looked at my GC quad numbers. My AoA is down. I am using the gc quad along with some aids to try and hit more up on the ball. Definitely hard to “feel” so the numbers are an important thing. I am not chasing a specific AoA,
But trying to build the necessary feels.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

...sure makes going to the range a lot less boring. 😉

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

If you are able to understand what the information is willing you. Be willing to make changes in your swing to get better and correct the numbers. Understand your and the launch monitors limitations. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

After doing the Rapsodo review, I found it to be accurate outdoors the best. Using to develop feel for 40-80 yards shot. Also got a lesson on them to give me idea what launch angle to do. It also shows dispersion of shots

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

It certainly can't hurt!  I think there's a difference in how far people hit the ball versus how far the THINK they hit the ball.  Understanding your distances can help your game tremendously.  Also, dialing in your wedges from 100 yards and in will do wonders for your game.  I have the Mevo and hope it will translate to lower scores this year.  I'll keep you posted.

FYI, you can save 10% or $50 on their website flightscopemevo.com - using the code 50OFFMEVO.  Found the code on this forum and it still works.

• 2 weeks later...

Love my Mevo+ for many reasons but using in conjunction with my instructor is probably the most beneficial. Seems like b4 every lesson he asks what kind of shots I’m seeing. Rather than me trying to describe it I can show him entire sessions and the videos of each swing. Clearly not quality video like instructor has but these guys can see a lot even on iPhone video. Only drawback is it’s typically not data/swings from my actual round. 😀

Edited by SwagBag79