Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

The Rocket Ship is about to land..

BNewton51

cycle after cycle, the big OEM's keep churning them out!

Thoughts? Would you game this new driver or stick with the old faithful?

EPIC.jpg

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

All depends on the numbers, and performance.

”You gotta beat the man if you want to BE the man!”

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

12 hours ago, BNewton51 said:

cycle after cycle, the big OEM's keep churning them out!

Thoughts? Would you game this new driver or stick with the old faithful?

EPIC.jpg

In my mind I just heard you do a very long and loud whoooooooo! 🤣

BNewt51

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

10 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

That's the Max LS which is replacing the sub zero from what I understand. There is also an Epic speed coming which is a little smaller. 

repost-allgolfequipment.png

interesting that Callaway went back to the well with the EPIC line...and it appears to have 4 JB techs in the head now.  

I'm not overly a fan of the driver itself, at least the older ones.  I never got the performance out of them that I'd have hoped for.  BUT for some people I reckon this will be a day one purchase as soon as it hits the shelves. 

BNewt51

11 hours ago, NC Golfer said:

interesting, the max version is now a new standard. 

I found that quite interesting too.  However, keep in mind these are the pictures that people have captured.  They very well may come out with the full line from day one and the Max may not be the new standard as far as they are concerned release wise.  None the less, interesting that they done away with the Mavrick color scheme and back to the EPIC line.  I'll be interested to see what testing results reveal.  I'm fairly confident there wont be much in it outside of them taking another $500 from a lot of people. 

BNewt51

Make sense they are on a rotating cycle epic/epic flash then mavrik/rogue with a new line up every year, so Epic was due to come back this year. More traditional epic colors for them, which look solid to me. Will be interesting to see the full line up at launch.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

I don't think we will see much improvement with this line of drivers or new drivers from any company. We may see some changing playing characteristics but I doubt we see much improvement if any. Until the USGA changes the rules, gains will be minimal/non-existent. The best thing we can do is get properly fit and then check to see if there is a better fit every few years. 

4 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

Make sense they are on a rotating cycle epic/epic flash then mavrik/rogue with a new line up every year, so Epic was due to come back this year. More traditional epic colors for them, which look solid to me. Will be interesting to see the full line up at launch.

This is what people fail to follow. Epic is one group, Mavrik/Rogue/etc are another group. It’s not just one big extensive line.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, Kansas King said:

I don't think we will see much improvement with this line of drivers or new drivers from any company. We may see some changing playing characteristics but I doubt we see much improvement if any. Until the USGA changes the rules, gains will be minimal/non-existent. The best thing we can do is get properly fit and then check to see if there is a better fit every few years. 

100% agree.  I'd argue we've seen that for a few years now.   They've reached a point where there really isn't any huge "gains" with the new offerings.  Just different playability characteristics. 

BNewt51