TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Ecco Biom Hybrid

MmmmmmBuddy

I had a chance to try these on yesterday. I am gonna have to own all 4 colors. Amazing comfort and style.

My link

This is someones pics and reviews of the Biom Hybrid Shoe. I was not allowed to take pictures of it... Awesome.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

You weren't allowed to take pictures of a shoe?? Man this industry will never change.

Ecco is worried that someone will go and copy it.. never mind that there are already pics online...

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I want Puma to release the Prototype Cell Fusions that are spikeless, to be honest. Love my Eccos, but those Pumas are saweeeeet! And there's no way I'd give $190 for the Biom Hybrids, especially when I can get the Street Premieres under a hundred bones.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

These ECCO shoes look really good and with Adidas coming out with they're version plus the Nike Free's on the way, I think it will be be very hard for the smaller shoe companies to compete with the spikeless/crossover type foot wear.

I was talking with a TRUE rep the other day and he said that a few spikelss offerings by larger companies are good, they bring more attention and offer "validation" to the concept. If too many big companies have spikeless shoes, it might crowd out shoes like TRUE, Kikkor, etc. That would be sad to me since those companies are the innovators. Hopefully the small companies can thrive even against big competitors.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

ECCO, Nike, and Adidas have the money so they will be able to push the little guys out unless the little guys find a way to come up with more innovations. The little guys are going to need more than a $99 price point product to compete. Hopefully they will be able to come up with innovative thinking to sustain the push.

In my opinion, ECCO is the innovator of this new spikeless market. Even though other golfers wore the ECCO shoes before the 2010 Masters, Freddie started the trend at that tournament.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived