Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

You only have $20 at the pro shop to buy some balls for your round???

Buffly

1 hour ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

So it's a business loss?  Sounds like a write off to me...

Naaw I actually made money when I whole sold the whole lot to a company that refurbs balls and paints them for Driving ranges

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Depends on the course, if the tee shots are dicey I would go with the mid-range option, if wide open I'd go with the premium option, either way I'd be on the lookout for the any orphans.  Just can't pick up somebody else's ball.  However, finding an abandonded Pro-V1 in the weeds is better than making a birdie.

Would not scarf up range balls.  Just not right.

Would also like to add that using shag bag balls on a grass range to avoid buying a bucket isn't cool either, somebody has to pay for the divots.

Id buy a sleeve of premiums then a few balls from the used bucket at a buck a piece. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

18 hours ago, Buffly said:

Very happy to hear that some pro shops are carrying Snell!!!

Yes, news to me. I always buy mine online 4-5 dozen at a time as I hadn’t seen them in pro shops here, though I’m not doubting they exist.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

18 hours ago, BIG STU said:

Naaw I actually made money when I whole sold the whole lot to a company that refurbs balls and paints them for Driving ranges

the balls you hit on to the range would be considered donations and could be written off at $1.00/ball. 

doesn’t matter if you made money selling all the balls. you’re still taking a “loss” of $1.00 (or however you value each ball) for each that you hit down range. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

4 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

<psa>

Since this thread is meandering a bit - I'll put in a plug to donate some found balls to your local First Tee chapter.  We love having colored balls to use for our activities (think of things like chipping tic tac toe).  And if you get a sleeve of balls you won't ever use in a goodie bag at a charity scramble, we'll take them as well.  Those Top Flite Bombs might not mean much to you, but to a kid that's never pulled a new ball out of a sleeve, they're a big deal.

</psa>

We have donated similarly over the years, as my kids, who participated in First Tee, gave clubs that they have outgrown to the younger kids. It's funny how things come full circle, as the former First Tee coordinator is now my daughter's high school team coach. She's one of the most positive individuals I've come across in golf. She was also a D-1 athlete, so she can give great feedback.

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

39 minutes ago, BKordon said:

We have donated similarly over the years, as my kids, who participated in First Tee, gave clubs that they have outgrown to the younger kids. It's funny how things come full circle, as the former First Tee coordinator is now my daughter's high school team coach. She's one of the most positive individuals I've come across in golf. She was also a D-1 athlete, so she can give great feedback.

That's really gratifying to hear.  Thanks for supporting the program!

First Tee coordinator jobs are great stepping stones for folks, but it's tough to stay in the position very long.  We're on our fifth coordinator since my oldest daughter (now 20) was in the programs, and the fourth since I started volunteering.  This one is awesome; I swear she'll be President someday.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

3 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

That's really gratifying to hear.  Thanks for supporting the program!

First Tee coordinator jobs are great stepping stones for folks, but it's tough to stay in the position very long.  We're on our fifth coordinator since my oldest daughter (now 20) was in the programs, and the fourth since I started volunteering.  This one is awesome; I swear she'll be President someday.

First Tee is great program. We are a little fortunate to have a captive audience with college athletes wanting to help out, but I know what you mean about the turnover. 

Mizuno ST190, 9 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 6S

Mizuno ST190, 14 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Black 7S

Mizuno ST200 , 18 degrees, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Miura CB 301, 4 iron, Fujikura Ventus 9x

Miura CB 301, 5-PW Nippon Modus 120S

Miura K Grind, 52, 54 and 58, Nippon Modus 130s  hand ground by Usher Golf

Miura KM 006 LH 

Id buy a sleeve of prov1's. If I lose 3 balls during a round I'm going home anyway. 

Edited by braincramp

Ping G430 Driver, 19° Hybrid, Ping Anser 23° Hybrid, Mizuno 923 Hot Metal 6-GW, Ping 54°&58° Glides, Scotty Cameron 5.5

On 1/3/2021 at 11:49 AM, HardcoreLooper said:

<psa>

Since this thread is meandering a bit - I'll put in a plug to donate some found balls to your local First Tee chapter.  We love having colored balls to use for our activities (think of things like chipping tic tac toe).  And if you get a sleeve of balls you won't ever use in a goodie bag at a charity scramble, we'll take them as well.  Those Top Flite Bombs might not mean much to you, but to a kid that's never pulled a new ball out of a sleeve, they're a big deal.

</psa>

This is great advice! I never would have thought about it, but even as a 33 year old who's been playing for 25 years, I still love opening a fresh sleeve of balls (which I acknowledge I do less frequently than I probably should...)

And based on that video, it would seem that buying a single sleeve of premium balls probably isn't enough to get you through a round 😉

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Personally I would buy 1 sleeve of the mid grade balls for $10.00 and 2 sprites, that way I could mix drinks and would be searching for lost balls.. If I'm only starting with 3 balls it might be a long day,.,. LOL

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

2 hours ago, greggarner said:

This is great advice! I never would have thought about it, but even as a 33 year old who's been playing for 25 years, I still love opening a fresh sleeve of balls (which I acknowledge I do less frequently than I probably should...)

And based on that video, it would seem that buying a single sleeve of premium balls probably isn't enough to get you through a round 😉

I play what I find and I don't wash them anymore because Covid has caused the courses to remove the ball washers. What I have noticed is how dull my ball is in the fairway compared to some of my playing partners who are playing new balls. Their white ball is pristine white and stands out like a light bulb 💡 compared to mine. It does make mine a little harder to find at times. 

If I ever showed up without balls, I would but a dozen Titleist Trusoft, Callaway SuperHit, or Precept Laddie Extreme which all have performed well for me in the past. 

I also would be walking the treeline 🌴🌴🌴 and 🔎 searching for balls throughout the ⛳ round. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

8 hours ago, Buffly said:

I play what I find and I don't wash them anymore because Covid has caused the courses to remove the ball washers.

Wet towels work just as well.  Preferably a long one 😆

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I would buy a sleeve of the golf ball I play, there has not been many times this year where I lost 3 or more golf balls, and if there was nobody behind me, I would be walking along the woods line looking for some lost golf balls in case I did lose three.

:cobra-small:Radspeed 10.5*

:titleist-small:TS 15* 3 Wood

:mizuno-small:CLK 19* Hybrid

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-4 Irons

:titleist-small:SM7 52*&56* Wedges

:titleist-small:SM6 60* Wedge

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B XS

A couple sleeves of Srixon Soft feel. Excellent 2 piece ball that is workable and has some distance. Then I'd casually scour the woods as I played for a currently lost ProV while sipping Bookers from my always present Flask while I wondered how I could be so stupid not to put a new dozen of whatever in my bag. (my Ex could clear up the Stupid part for everyone but if she was on the course, one of us would not be finishing 18) 🙂 .

Regarding the Range Ball comment...I honestly think he was kidding but if not, please don't do that. Courses are having enough financial hardships as it is.

Now...come on Spring in NW PA!!!!

Ping G400 Max @ 9 degrees

Ping G400 Stretch 3W

Ping G400 3i Hybrid

Cleveland 2009 launcher 4i Hybrid (also a 2i and 1i not currently in the bag)

Ping G700 5-9, PW, GW, SW (Green Dot and 3/4" length addition)

Ping Glide-3 60 Deg. LW (Green Dot) (also a Glide-2 58 deg LW and Glide 54 Deg SW not in the bag)

All Golf Pride CP2 Wrap Midsize Grips

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11 Putter 35" w/oversize grip

On 1/1/2021 at 1:28 PM, Buffly said:

You show up to the course and check your bag to find no more golf balls!!! Oh no! You check in at the golf shop, and for whatever reason, you don't have any more than $20 to buy some golf balls for your round. What do you buy on the spot?

Assuming club prices are as follows: premium tour level urethane balls are $15/sleeve of 3, cheap 2 piece balls are $20/dozen, and mid-grade 3 piece non-urethane balls are $10/sleeve of three. (We can ignore tax for simplicity)

Which category and ball would you buy and why? How does that compare to your normal gamer?

I am assuming most golf shops don't have any direct to consumer balls like Snell, Cut, or Vice, but I will leave it up to what your local shop carries. 

Id go with the tour level urethane.  I dont tend to lose balls like I used to and wouldnt want to give up the control of a tour ball.

As much as I want to love cheap, 2-piece balls; they simply dont spin enough and dont  check up on the green like I want a ball to.

Same with a non-urethane 3-piece ball.  It doesnt matter how many pieces it is.  If its not urethane, it doesnt spin.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

My new favorite economy ball is the Bridgestone E6 Yellow. It's an earlier version but you can snag then around $21.00 a dozen.   They're long and actually check up really well on the greens. Check em out and you may find a diamond in the rough. 

BridgestoneBalls.jpeg

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Man you guys that can play a round with 1 sleeve of Pro V’s are a lot better than me 🤷‍♂️ I’m grabbing 2 sleeves of the mid range balls and hoping all the water hazards are on the right side so my hook doesn’t get too many wet

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

Don’t take range balls from the range.
This is theft.
Range balls cost more than you want to think about, and when people steal them, the courses have to replace them.

It is remarkable to me that people think “I paid $6 for this small bucket, so the balls are mine to use anywhere I want to”.

Makes me nuts.

Sent from OregonMyGolfSpy

I don’t know how one can check in without a credit/debit card at most golf course facilities now a days. Cash payment at the Club ProShop is not an option available at the moment at almost all the golf facilities in our area and most likely in your area too. So it very unlikely and highly improbable event that one will arrive at the tee box without any golf ball(s) on hand before a scheduled round with only $20 cash.

It’s like going to a gun fight without bullets, you are dead on arrival cowboy.

Going out for a round of golf is like going out on your first date, need to be groomed, clean shoes and clothes, make sure you are ready to pay for “date’s” meal & drinks (you could get a hole in one), be on time (which means you are 30 mins on site before tee time), and give gratuity within your means to the hard working hospitality folks that served and kept the golf facility ready for you and last but not the very least have clean fun if you want to be asked and invited to go out for another round...

Please don’t steal the range balls. Not cool and not a very smart move. Just shows you are cheap skate, inconsiderate, a pretentious date and not trustworthy.

Imagine making an ace with the range ball...what are pouring a shot of Larceny?

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkIMG_1215.jpg

Would buy a sleeve of premium and a snickers as many others have said. Ball retriever will be broken out several times. Love filling the bag with some recently lost ones....always nice being at a course you know where to look for those too

I like this......prob do the same, only it must be a Butterfinger.

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

8 minutes ago, fozcycle said:

I like this......prob do the same, only it must be a Butterfinger.

Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

I’m a sucker for a snickers on course. Also payday is a good change once and a while 😂. Love butterfinger but feel like I need to brush my teeth right after 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

On 1/17/2021 at 9:44 AM, Lacassem said:

I’m a sucker for a snickers on course.

If it's warm enough to wear shorts, that Snickers had better be frozen.  

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1 minute ago, HardcoreLooper said:

If it's warm enough to wear shorts, that Snickers had better be frozen.  

If we are talking frozen treats I’ll take the Twix one ☝️ 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

24 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

If we are talking frozen treats I’ll take the Twix one ☝️ 

Who doesn't like a frozen candy bar?  If you don't, I don't wanna hear it.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

10 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Who doesn't like a frozen candy bar?  If you don't, I don't wanna hear it.

I worked a retirement job at a tiny private club for a few years. I started putting a selection of candy bars in the freezer, and let members know that was an option. At the end of the month the manager came down to the shop and wanted to know what happened to all of the candy inventory. I told her I sold it. She had looked in the stockroom, but not at the sales log. Candy sales went up about 250%, and she was miffed with me, because now she had to adjust her standing order with Sysco. The next time I saw her she apologized, and asked if I had any other ideas to increase sales. I liked working for her.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese