Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Where to sell clubs??

Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and live up in the Northeast. I’m going to sell a set of irons and was looking for some feedback. 
There are multiple places to sell EBay, golf forums, Facebook etc...

Do you feel anyone place is better than another? I appreciate any feedback and look forward to selling and getting a new set of sticks. 

6 minutes ago, Loopa23 said:

Hello all,

I’m new to the forum and live up in the Northeast. I’m going to sell a set of irons and was looking for some feedback. 
There are multiple places to sell EBay, golf forums, Facebook etc...

Do you feel anyone place is better than another? I appreciate any feedback and look forward to selling and getting a new set of sticks. 

Personally, anytime you can sell to an individual face-to-face for cash it's a win because the transaction is done and you (likely) won't have any other headaches to worry about.

However, you may not get the most money that way. I've found that I can get the best sell price for items on eBay, but depending on what it is and what it costs to ship plus eBay's fees.... well, sometimes it's not so big a difference after all.

Golf forums are always a good option, and I'd argue that they probably work as a middle ground between the other two options. My advice is to require PayPal for payment though and invoice it so that both parties have some form of recourse should something go wrong. It'll cost you a small fee, and you may not get as much as on eBay, but you won't get lowballed as often as you would with Facebook or Craigslist.

When you sell on golf forums, you're selling directly to another golfer far more often than you aren't. When you sell on any of the other places mentioned, you might sell to a golfer, but you could just be selling to someone who's looking to flip your item and make a profit off you which can be frustrating. Here's an example:

Several years back, I sold some car stereo equipment on Craigslist, met a buyer who fed me some BS about why he couldn't pay the exact amount I was asking so I lowered the price. Later that same day I saw a new listing pop up with the stuff I just sold and another (100% fictional) BS story about how the seller came into possession of the items as well as a list price well above what I had sold it for. I felt ripped off and cheated, but ultimately it was my fault for not sticking to my guns and being more firm with the price.

One final note: If you do need to ship your item(s), I highly recommend staying away from USPS right now. They've been experiencing numerous delays and I've personally experienced at least two occasions where my shipment got "lost" in their system. One of which was literally held up for 2-3 weeks - putting a lot of pressure on me as the seller. Thankfully, my buyer understood the situation and I did everything I could on my end - communicate often and use USPS resolution tools to try and locate the package and get it moving.

Sorry if that's not the exact answer you were hoping for, but how and where you sell items is completely up to you and only you can determine which method is better than another. This is simply my experience having sold and purchased quite a bit using all the above methods.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I agree with the above post. eBay takes about 12-13% but you typically make buyer pay for shipping. PayPal goods and services is 3%. but typically you price in shipping into your asking price on golf forums. I sell on both and it’s a wash on which one nets the most. 

forums the best part is they are golfers and understand what you have. 

the bay the best part is the huge audience looking at what you’re trying to sell.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Blue 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX

Irons:  :taylormade-small: P790 4-5 P7MC Raw 6-PW MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 50.10F, 54.10S - X100 & 58.04T S400

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

Outside of eBay and forums, there are also businesses like Mike's Golf Outlet/Swing 'em Again Golf and Golf Club Brokers (among many others) that will pay cash for your old clubs. Depending on what you have to sell, it will likely be considerably less than what they will turn around and list the clubs for on eBay. But it removes the hassle of dealing with eBay directly, and dealing with buyers. And most places will pay for shipping to them if the value of the sale is above a certain threshold ($100 for both of the businesses I mentioned above).

I'm not affiliated in any way, but I have used Golf Club Brokers multiple times in the past and have been extremely happy with their service. They send payment via check very quickly. But, you do lose a decent amount of cash that you might otherwise get through eBay. For example, I sold my TaylorMade Spider Tour Red putter for $80 earlier this summer (they're offering $65 now). They turned around and sold it on eBay for well over $150.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

I use FB Marketplace or Offer Up and sometimes CL when I decide to sell. If no bites in the above, I will to consign them at my local driving range.  

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I always try to sell on FB marketplace first and if it doesn't get any bites, then I put it on eBay. eBay is great because of the massive audience, but it has it's own set of problems. The fees are annoying, they charge them on both the sale and the shipping you charge the buyer, then they bill you for them later instead of just netting it all out at once. Also, eBay is very buyer centric, they offer them a lot of protections. This can be particularly important to pay attention to when selling used golf clubs because condition is subjective. Even if you don't accept returns, eBay will force you to if they buyer claims they didn't receive what was advertised. For example, I sold a Taylormade M2 driver head on eBay, it was my current gamer so I had been using it days before it sold without issue. About a week after delivery the buyer claimed the weight in the weight track wouldn't stay locked in so he claimed "it wasn't as advertised as good working condition". I was able to negotiate with them and resolve it with a discount, but I talked to eBay and they would have forced me to accept the return. 

Driver:  Titleist TSR4
3 Wood: Taylormade Stealth Plus
2 Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi
4-GW IronsMIZUNO PRO 225
Wedges 51* and 56*: Honma TII World
Putter: PXG Spitfire GEN2

I guess it seems each place that you are able to list on presents it’s own set of issues. The FB and CL gets you quite a bit of low ball offers and so forth. eBay has all the fees but the huge market. Trade-ins are great but the kill you on the price. The forums seem good as you are dealing with golfers, but again, there is a smaller market. 
it just seems that the maybe streaming them in a couple platforms is the best way to go. I’m in the Northeast, so there is no rush for me to get rid quickly. I’ll maybe put them up and ride the wave and see where I end up. 
Thanks for all the advice and input. 

12 hours ago, Loopa23 said:

I guess it seems each place that you are able to list on presents it’s own set of issues. The FB and CL gets you quite a bit of low ball offers and so forth. eBay has all the fees but the huge market. Trade-ins are great but the kill you on the price. The forums seem good as you are dealing with golfers, but again, there is a smaller market. 
it just seems that the maybe streaming them in a couple platforms is the best way to go. I’m in the Northeast, so there is no rush for me to get rid quickly. I’ll maybe put them up and ride the wave and see where I end up. 
Thanks for all the advice and input. 

In the past I have had good luck selling on golf WRX. It has more volume than the MGS BST. If it’s a quality product, someone is always in need

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

I usually list on both FB & the forums at the same time with a price on each that reflects the actual take home cash I will get. Paypal fees + shipping costs can really cut into your take home so price accordingly and I've found that while I get some lowball offers I usually end up with one that is reasonable. 

A lot also depends on why your selling, if your looking to buy something else with the money and need a quick sale then the large market of WRX can be nice as things move quickly over there if priced right.  

One thing for certain though is that right now is probably not the best time for selling. When we're in season I see a lot more views on my ads on FB and on WRX compared to right now so if you're looking for maximum dollar it might pay to wait until spring when everyone has the bug again.

22 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

I usually list on both FB & the forums at the same time with a price on each that reflects the actual take home cash I will get. Paypal fees + shipping costs can really cut into your take home so price accordingly and I've found that while I get some lowball offers I usually end up with one that is reasonable. 

A lot also depends on why your selling, if your looking to buy something else with the money and need a quick sale then the large market of WRX can be nice as things move quickly over there if priced right.  

One thing for certain though is that right now is probably not the best time for selling. When we're in season I see a lot more views on my ads on FB and on WRX compared to right now so if you're looking for maximum dollar it might pay to wait until spring when everyone has the bug again.

I think most people are trying to set up there bags right now for the spring. I wouldn’t say it’s the best but not the worst to flip or sell golf products. Plus that extra $600 that some people received can stimulate the golf market again just like the first check did 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

On 1/2/2021 at 5:21 PM, LeftyMatt89 said:

I agree with the above post. eBay takes about 12-13% but you typically make buyer pay for shipping. PayPal goods and services is 3%. but typically you price in shipping into your asking price on golf forums. I sell on both and it’s a wash on which one nets the most. 

forums the best part is they are golfers and understand what you have. 

the bay the best part is the huge audience looking at what you’re trying to sell.

Very true, I've sold more on ebay.even some items overseas, I try to be transparent with the buyer about shipping times. Overall, I'd rather sell a on a forum if it's a nice item that is in good shape.

Sub 70 699 pro irons, vokey/cleveland wedges, pxg proto driver, ping 3 wood, 910 hybrid. Bridgestone x

I just made a transaction with Rock Bottom Golf. I was interested in last years Cobra Speedzone Extreme Driver that they had on sale so I checked the Trade in price for some irons. Since the bonus trade in was better than the cash price and I liked the driver, I pulled the trigger. It was an almost even swap. The trade in was I boxed them and they paid the freight, as long as the trade was over $99. I just had to be patient. Worked out okay. I have enough room in my closet to stand now and SWMBO is happy.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

FB martketplace has always worked best for me. Especially getting the most money out of it. Search for and join a bunch of 'for sale' groups on FB in your area and especially if they are golf related. Trade-in site give you much lower value bc they need to resell of course.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I was thinking of listing on multiple platforms. ChitownM2 gave some perspective on pricing it accordingly dependent upon where it’s listed. I’m in no rush to dump them off, so it’s not that big a deal. I found a god deal on some nice Mizuno 919’s w/recoils from a local guy in FB marketplace and grabbed them. I’m interested to see when I set up multiple listings what type of buyer feedback I get. 
thanks for the help. 
This has turned out to be very insightful. 
I will say that I’ve joined here and WRX and only have received one comment on WRX. 
It seems people here are more social. Not sure if that’s an anomaly or not but I do appreciate the feedback.