Fictional characters: who would dominate golf?

Our Sponsors

So a thought experiment for you all: which superhero/fictional character would dominate golf?

Some ground rules:

• The character must begin by striking the ball with a club in the ordinary manner.
  • From there, he/she can use any of his powers within the respective canonical universe in which he lives.
  • That said, if he/she touches the ball, it is a two stroke penalty. (It seems to me, therefore, that The Flash should shoot a 54 for each round).
  • Influencing the ball's movement without touching the ball will, for the purposes of this thought experiment, be unpenalized.

The question, it seems to me, is one of who has the ability to move the ball with precision at great distances. My early contender here is Yoda. Who do you got?

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:adams-small: XTD Proto dHy 21°, Aldila Green NV Hybrid 105 S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab EXO Seven Mini, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

Well, the MCU already has Hawkeye shooting 18 for 18 holes in the canon so I have to go with Hawkeye.

So a thought experiment for you all: which superhero/fictional character would dominate golf?
Some ground rules:
  • The character must begin by striking the ball with a club in the ordinary manner.
  • From there, he/she can use any of his powers within the respective canonical universe in which he lives.
  • That said, if he/she touches the ball, it is a two stroke penalty. (It seems to me, therefore, that The Flash should shoot a 54 for each round).
  • Influencing the ball's movement without touching the ball will, for the purposes of this thought experiment, be unpenalized.
The question, it seems to me, is one of who has the ability to move the ball with precision at great distances. My early contender here is Yoda. Who do you got?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 6
Just now, FrogginBullfish said:

Well, the MCU already has Hawkeye shooting 18 for 18 holes in the canon so I have to go with Hawkeye.

OK, someone ruined my thread right away 🙂

• Like 7

Full WITB with pictures

7 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

How can you top that?!  I mean really! 🤣

And here I was going to say the Flash because of his speed, I'm sure his club head speed would put the ball on another planet with a 1/4 swing! LOL

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

does the character have to hold the club that strikes the ball? or can the club be manipulated with their powers?

my vote goes to Dr. Strange or Harry Potter. 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: SIM2 8º | KuroKage XT 70TX
:taylormade-small: SIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX
:titelist-small: U500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
:titelist-small: T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
::vokey-small: SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
:scotty-small:  Futura 5w

33 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Some ground rules:

Id agree with someone like Yoda or Dr Strange because they can hit the ball and then guide it to exactly where they want with their mind, the force, etc...

As someone who practices Zen/Buddhism myself, theres all these old stories about Zen masters acquiring super powers.  Im still waiting on that one.  Being able to manipulate the ball with telekinesis would be a game-changer.  I guess for now I'll just have to settle for enlightenment. (kidding)

Edited by BadgerGolfer
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Irons: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* and Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 Blue Ion 54*

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

57 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Some ground rules:

Dude. Come on... Kim Jong Un already shot a 34, AND, his people have VERIFIED it!!! So, no need for a silly character when we have a REAL LIVE person!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

20 minutes ago, PMookie said:

Dude. Come on... Kim Jong Un already shot a 34, AND, his people have VERIFIED it!!! So, no need for a silly character when we have a REAL LIVE person!!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Not canonical. There's an explanation for this: https://golf.com/news/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-of-golf/. And because that article is way too long, here's the important paragraph:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 7.12.23 PM.png

• Like 3

Full WITB with pictures

Darth Vader 

• Like 1

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

48 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Not canonical. There's an explanation for this: https://golf.com/news/behind-kim-jong-ils-famous-round-of-golf/. And because that article is way too long, here's the important paragraph:

Screenshot 2021-01-04 at 7.12.23 PM.png

Sadly, anyone who disputed the score are now dead.......

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Fwy: 

Jessica Rabbit.

Fwy: 

After further review,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It's a tie, Carl Spacker and the Dalai Lama

big-g-run-dalai-lama.jpg

• Like 1

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

Any jedi would shoot go 18 or 18 with hawkeye. Any sith lord would use the jedi mind trick to convince us they shot one stroke better. 

• Like 4

Intellectually maddening, soulfully satisfying 

Well, Jean Grey from the XMen would also be able to influence the flight after the strike, but I would go as far to say that would probably be frowned upon by the RA / USGA. 

Taking only physical ability into play, I am a fan of Spider Man. I think Superman would be too strong. The Hulk would probably break his clubs before finishing a round out of Anger. The Flash seems like he would never be able to slow down enough to sink a putt. Thor might be a good choice if not only for the accent and insults - feels more like 🏡 home. Aquaman would be a good playing partner in a scramble format because there would never be a lost ball in water penalty. 

Dream 4 man scramble would be: Spider-man, Thor, Aquaman, and Wonder Woman (for obvious reasons). 

• Like 3

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

I mean, full Infinity Gauntlet Thanos could go wreck some stuff. I would think that you don't want like the world breaker super strength guys, but guys with functional super strength like Spider Man, Captain America, Black Panther, Aquaman, WW, and the like. Also maybe underrated would be Shazam, a lot of talent in that little 13 year old child.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

:mizuno-small: ST180, 10.5, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 14*, Kuro Kage Silver TINI Dual Core 60-S 

:cobra-small: F9 Speedback, 17.5, Hzrdus Yellow 70-S

:ping-small: G710, 4-UW, Blue Dot, Nippon Modus 105-S

:honma: TW-W4, 56*, Nippon Modus 125

:mizuno-small: T20, 61*, Nippon Modus 125

🤮⛳   Flo-C

:titelist-small: Pro V1X, 2021 Model, #33

I'm going old school before these characters even came out. I'm going with the invisible man. The ball would just float along at walking speed and drop in the hole every time. Who can say he was carrying it? It might take two hours but he would still score 18. 

• Haha 4

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

• 3 weeks later...

I'm thinking maybe a combo of say a "normal" person like me to visibly hit the ball and Ant-Man to guide it to the hole. So on a par five I will have 240 yards carry with 260+ run 😁 

• Like 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King Forged Tec (2016) - LH - 4-PW - KBS C-Taper light Reg
Wedges: :cleveland-small:     RTX Zipcore - LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Barbados Island
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3