Has anyone tried Jumbomax grips?

I tried them. I believe it was the medium size. Either way, it was a size considerably bigger than normal midsize grips. I felt like I couldn’t really curve the ball, but my path started shifting. So I’d see pushes and pulls, but nothing straight. Like my brain was trying to figure it out and it caused overcompensations. I also didn’t like how light they were. My clubs SW increased to D8 and felt off to me. 

Sun Mountain C130-S / Titleist TSi4 7.25* MCA Tensei AV Raw White 75 X / Titleist TSi3 14.25* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80 TX / New Level NLU-01 18* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5 / New Level 902 Forged 4-PW DG TI X100 / Vokey SM8 50,54,58 DGS200 / Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Humble, TX / Right Handed / 10 Handicap / 37.5" 6i @ 61.5* Lie

A small will be considerably larger than a standard and midsized.  It is also larger than a jumbo by one size.  Size in this case being increments of 1/16".  They have a chart on their site that visually compares them side-by-side.

Shoot 'em straight

On 6/25/2021 at 6:28 AM, Tyler86 said:

Is the JumboMax small still bigger than a standard/midsize grip? 

Yes it is small oversized, so it will be much larger than standard and midsized. 

:taylormade-small: SIM 2 9* FUJIKURA Ventus Blue w/ Velocore 6-X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 18* @ 17.25 Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* @ 20*Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei AV White Raw 90 X

PXG 0311 P 5-7 FUJIKURA PRO115i TS S (HS)

PXG 0311 T 8-PW FUJIKURA PRO115i TS S (HS)

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 60 @ 58* Dynamic Gold TI S400

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 54.11 Dynamic Gold TI S200 

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" 

:titelist-small:   -PRO V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

I just put one on my driver today. We will see how long it lasts. Waiting for it to dry but it feels weird.

• Like 1

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

So I started with two ultralight medium oversized, I wear medium gloves. I was blown away with how light they were. I put them on last night after my round, and took them out to the range today. From first hand placement they just felt proper, and instantly more comfortable. I put them on my pitching wedge and 9 iron. My first shot with the PW, started right and kept going right about 30 yards right of target, after that I was almost hitting the pole on the range I was aiming at, and I really found it easy for me aim and on target. For me it was so easy to get the club face squared up and I really found a groove. It took out the big curves for me, it really helped me. Needless to say I got home and immediately ordered the rest of the set. Now if you love the feel of butter from your irons, I do not think you will enjoy these grips. I have the sub70 mb in short irons and they are soft when struck well and it took a lot of that feel away, but still had enough feel for feedback if you mishit one. 

• Like 1

:taylormade-small: SIM 2 9* FUJIKURA Ventus Blue w/ Velocore 6-X

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 70 X-Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3 18* @ 17.25 Hzrdus Smoke Black 70 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi2 18* @ 20*Hybrid Mitsubishi Tensei AV White Raw 90 X

PXG 0311 P 5-7 FUJIKURA PRO115i TS S (HS)

PXG 0311 T 8-PW FUJIKURA PRO115i TS S (HS)

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 60 @ 58* Dynamic Gold TI S400

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 54.11 Dynamic Gold TI S200 

:EVNROLL: ER5v Short Plumbers Neck 35" 

:titelist-small:   -PRO V1x

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

• 3 weeks later...

So i have played the JumboMax small on my driver, per their sizing chart, for 6 rounds now. Its coming off 🤣. I do think i picked up a few yards on distance, maybe 10. However i have a hard time feeling/finding the club face as easily. I feel like what little ability i had to shape my driver shot, is gone. That said, i do like the concept. Maybe to big too fast? I plan on replacing it with the Golf Pride MCC+4 Jumbo instead of standard and see how that goes. 

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

• 1 month later...

Back in mid July I switched the Jumbo Max to a Lamkin Crossline Oversized cause the weight was a closer match than the MCC +4 Jumbo. I gave it about 12 rounds and i just cant get used to a grip that big. Went back to standard. I can see how the JumboMax may work for some, just not for me.

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X