2021 Community Manager Introduction

Congrats on the new spot @GolfSpy_THV!   It's been great interacting with you over the past couple of years and am looking forward to your work on the forum.  They  picked a good one!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Hey Guys,

As @Golfspy_CG2 mentioned in his earlier post regarding some changes in the moderation team, I wanted to formally introduce myself as the new Community Manager for the site - formerly Tarheelvolvo, now know as GolfSpy_THV.

What is a Community Manager and how does it differ from a Moderator?

Great question! The role will include a bit more behind the scenes work focusing on creating new features and enhancements to the site for all to enjoy - think of it as a business owner creating requirements for development and then managing that process through to implementation. I will also be part of the moderator team assisting them with daily site maintenance, approvals, handling requests, etc... Think of it this way - if you have a question about your account, a post, or another members, speak with the moderator team; if you have a request or idea about a new site functionality or enhancement that we can all benefit from, come speak to me 🙂

Who the heck are you?

I've been a member for almost two years and have participated in multiple tests and have hopefully contributed some good content that others have enjoyed or found helpful. My day job, though, is more digital/development focused. I currently work for a large e-tailer managing their North American websites and handle all sorts of frontend development work (new products, banners, pricing, new pages, etc...) as well as some backend enhancements. I've been in the IT/Digital/Dev world for over 15years now and want to bring my knowledge and experience to improve the user experience for all forum members!

Why now?

My understanding is that as MyGolfSpy has grown, and continues to grow, Adam and the other staffers have had less and less time to focus on the forum and great community we have fostered here. So that's why the role was created! Adam would like someone to focus making enhancements and keep moving the community forward and making it the best golf forum on the web!

Other thoughts...

I love this community and it has been a great source of inspiration, motivation, introspection, and thoughtful commentary. I have made friends through the site, seen the support we all have for each other, and some days spend more time with you all than my own family, haha! Point being, I am dedicated to working with all members, listening to your feedback, and making this a great place for years to come.

Send me any other questions you might have and let's get 2021 off to a great start!

-THV

p.s. stay tuned later this month for our first announcement of improvements to the site 😉

Congrats on the new gig, I am excited to see what you are bringing to the table @GolfSpy_THV

• Like 5

Cut Draw Giveaways

2020 Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag Official tester

MGS Hard Rock Challenge

100 swings challenge

MGS Fantasy football league

Unofficial - Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme

Unofficial Review - Honma TR21 4 Wood by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Woods and Putter set unofficial review.

Instagram tagging contest Crew

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5

Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft.

:titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, Putters   :titelist-small: Deadcenter SP-209, Tommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors

Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.

:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

5 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

Congrats on the new spot @GolfSpy_THV!   It's been great interacting with you over the past couple of years and am looking forward to your work on the forum.  They  picked a good one!

Thanks @JohnSmalls! Really looking forward to the opportunity Adam has entrusted me with

• Like 5

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy_THV said:

Hey Guys,

As @Golfspy_CG2 mentioned in his earlier post regarding some changes in the moderation team, I wanted to formally introduce myself as the new Community Manager for the site - formerly Tarheelvolvo, now know as GolfSpy_THV.

What is a Community Manager and how does it differ from a Moderator?

Great question! The role will include a bit more behind the scenes work focusing on creating new features and enhancements to the site for all to enjoy - think of it as a business owner creating requirements for development and then managing that process through to implementation. I will also be part of the moderator team assisting them with daily site maintenance, approvals, handling requests, etc... Think of it this way - if you have a question about your account, a post, or another members, speak with the moderator team; if you have a request or idea about a new site functionality or enhancement that we can all benefit from, come speak to me 🙂

Who the heck are you?

I've been a member for almost two years and have participated in multiple tests and have hopefully contributed some good content that others have enjoyed or found helpful. My day job, though, is more digital/development focused. I currently work for a large e-tailer managing their North American websites and handle all sorts of frontend development work (new products, banners, pricing, new pages, etc...) as well as some backend enhancements. I've been in the IT/Digital/Dev world for over 15years now and want to bring my knowledge and experience to improve the user experience for all forum members!

Why now?

My understanding is that as MyGolfSpy has grown, and continues to grow, Adam and the other staffers have had less and less time to focus on the forum and great community we have fostered here. So that's why the role was created! Adam would like someone to focus making enhancements and keep moving the community forward and making it the best golf forum on the web!

Other thoughts...

I love this community and it has been a great source of inspiration, motivation, introspection, and thoughtful commentary. I have made friends through the site, seen the support we all have for each other, and some days spend more time with you all than my own family, haha! Point being, I am dedicated to working with all members, listening to your feedback, and making this a great place for years to come.

Send me any other questions you might have and let's get 2021 off to a great start!

-THV

p.s. stay tuned later this month for our first announcement of improvements to the site 😉

Congrats!!  Looking forward to it!

• Like 4

BNewt51

:taylormade-small:  9* Sim  Hzrdus Smoke "Yellow" Handcrafted 6.5  (Best borrow I've ever made from a buddy)

:callaway-small:Epic Flash - 14* 3-wood Mitsubishi Tensei Blue X-stiff

:titelist-small: TSI2 19* Hybrid Tensei Blue X-Stiff

:taylormade-small: -P770 4-PW KBS C-Taper 120 S 

:taylormade-small: - 50* , 54* and 58* MG2 Wedges  Dynamic Gold Tour S200

:scotty-cameron-1: - Tour Select Square Back

:taylormade-small: - Taylormade Flextech Bag (Blue and Grey)

:taylormade-small: - TP5 and TP5 Pix 

Bushnell Tour V-4 - Non-Slope edition 🙁

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months! 🤣

Congratulations! Looking forward to new things to come!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy: 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Congratulations @GolfSpy_THV, I saw your name down in the online members earlier and was hoping to get an announcement on your new position soon. Like many of the other members, I'm looking forward to the changes to the forum your new position will bring. Congratulations!

• Like 3

Congratulations @GolfSpy_THV!!  I know you will be a great fit for our community.  As far as the improvements to the site, please be kind to us...  ahem!... more "experienced" citizens!   Thank you for understanding!!   😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Congratulations and sounds like a great new addition to the team and look forward to the future.

• Like 4

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

:cobra-small: Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:Hogan: Equalizer 52° (at 54°)/ 56° (at 58°) KBS Tour V 110 Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small:  Cleveland SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

:ping-small: Hoofer Bag

Right Handed

1 minute ago, Kenny B said:

Congratulations @GolfSpy_THV!!  I know you will be a great fit for our community.  As far as the improvements to the site, please be kind to us...  ahem!... more "experienced" citizens!   Thank you for understanding!!   😂

Fear not @Kenny B, there will be plenty of fun new ideas for all levels to try 😉

• Like 2

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Evenflow Black 65 6.0

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:wilson_staff_small:  D7 4-GW, KBS 105

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Great news and thank you for the introduction. Look forward to the implementations and enhancements!

• Like 3

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

WITB:

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X I :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ I :titelist-small: 48 SM8 - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125 S :odyssey-small: O-Works 1W I :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Congratulations @GolfSpy_THV! you will be a great addition to the staff.  Remember... Keep it simple for the technology challenged members like me! 

• Like 5

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR  HL 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:Sub70:  JB Wedge 56*

:cleveland-small: Wedge, CBX 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

Congrats!

• Like 5

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

Awesome! I’m sure the suggestion bin is already filling up.

Looking forward to seeing what you implement for enhancements! If you need a UAT tester let me know. I end up doing a lot of that for new features and such with salesforce updates at work. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6x | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8s | :cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - Nippon Modus 120x | :cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12C, 56.10V, 60.04W - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :Snell: MTB-X | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

Welcome to the new position GolfSpy_THV. I have been a member of MGS for over 10 years and have enjoyed the constantly evolving forum.

I wish you well and hope I get the chance to meet you someday.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Congratulations!! Looking forward to 2021 and future improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Congratulations!

• Like 4

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Congrats on the new gig THV!  Can’t wait to see what is in store!

• Like 3

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I don’t think anyone else has said it, so..... congratulations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag