Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TGW

fixyurdivot

Who has had experience ordering stock or custom iron sets through TGW?  I was just looking at some options and see that I can get a brand new set of G410's with the Recoil SMAC Wrap ES780/F3 at +1/2" and all other custom specs for what I paid for my current set with the AWT2.0 shafts.  Even better, they have a 90 day guarantee offering full credit towards the purchase of other equipment if they don't work out.  That sure seems like a no brainer.

Would like to hear from those who have dealt with TGW on club orders.  PM if you would rather not make comments public.  Thanks 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

While I've never ordered irons through their site, I have ordered a driver and can say nothing but positive things about the experience. They had lots of customization options and were quick to fulfill the order. It sounds like you're getting a good deal on the G410's and with the playability guarantee, it sounds like an easy decision. 

You may know and I DON'T know for sure, but it's my understanding most of the big online (and many brick-n-mortar) club sellers take your order and then send your specs to the manufacturer where they are assembled. If it's a shaft TGW is showing you, I'd bet it's offered by PING - TGW is not free lancing and offering other shafts? IOW TGW would get a cut but the clubs will be put together by PING and mailed from them. Again, I am not positive, but might be worth researching/asking. Good luck.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

32 minutes ago, Middler said:

You may know and I DON'T know for sure, but it's my understanding most of the big online (and many brick-n-mortar) club sellers take your order and then send your specs to the manufacturer where they are assembled. If it's a shaft TGW is showing you, I'd bet it's offered by PING - TGW is not free lancing and offering other shafts? IOW TGW would get a cut but the clubs will be put together by PING and mailed from them. Again, I am not positive, but might be worth researching/asking. Good luck.

I just checked with TGW and the PING clubs are assembled and warrantied by PING... as I would guess all other brands come from their build facilities as well.  They are stating 2-3 month lead time presently. Looks like TGW is just another authorized dealer but perhaps due to their volume and marketing presence able to offer the special 30/90 day no risk return.

I have ordered from them, not a full set but multiple individual clubs. All they are as far as I know if a vehicle or go between if you order custom. They just present info to manufacturer and manufacturer completes build. 

I have also returned a club on their program and it was as easy as pie.

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I've used them quite a bit and have nothing but good things to say about them. They have a store front in Wichita, KS like any other golf retailer but they also have a strong internet presence. As mentioned before if you order stock clubs from them they usually have them in stock and ship the same day. If you enter custom specs as mentioned they place the order with the manufacturer and the manufacturer builds them to spec and ships directly to you. My experience has been always use the manufacturer to build your clubs unless you have a really good builder you trust.

I love ordering from these guys because their custom options seem so much more robust than other sites.  When I order custom specs from my local places it has been 50/50 on if they screw it up or not. Not with these guys. Highly recommend them.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I just checked with TGW and the PING clubs are assembled and warrantied by PING... as I would guess all other brands come from their build facilities as well.  They are stating 2-3 month lead time presently. Looks like TGW is just another authorized dealer but perhaps due to their volume and marketing presence able to offer the special 30/90 day no risk return.

Thanks for confirming. So there's no reason to worry about TGW, I am sure they're more than capable in their role - you'd be getting factory made and assembled PING clubs.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

1 hour ago, Middler said:

TGW is not free lancing and offering other shafts? I

While they aren’t freelancing they like other shops have more or different shafts than what can be ordered directly from a oem’s website. 

They have a few different options available with the TSI drivers than what are available directly from titleist.com.

Some OEMs don’t stock shafts but have certain brands that are popular orders so that’s what they offer via their site and usually have a deal in place with the shaft company then have a list of other shafts that are offered at an upgrade price normally and then place the order with the shaft company. Titleist as example offers the Graphite design shafts at $200 upgrade vice the $380 full price but for the ventus it’s a full price upgrade.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Awesome feedback guys - thanks so much!  I found golfio.com a couple weeks ago (CA based) and they too offer the G410 with the Recoil shaft, though about $100 more.  It's the first I heard of them but have heard TONS about TGW... just not specifically related to custom club ordering. 

Best of luck with your new irons.   TGW is where I was able to find my skytrak that was actually in stock.  Everywhere else, it was a 10 - 12 week wait.  

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

17 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Awesome feedback guys - thanks so much!  I found golfio.com a couple weeks ago (CA based) and they too offer the G410 with the Recoil shaft, though about $100 more.  It's the first I heard of them but have heard TONS about TGW... just not specifically related to custom club ordering. 

Not clubs, but I’ve ordered from TGW before and been fully satisfied with them.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

40 minutes ago, Kansas King said:

FWIW, I live a few blocks from TGW

OMG, that would be awful 😱.

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I have never heard of Golfio until you mentioned them and haven't taken the time to check out their website, yet. But since you mentioned them, they decided to show up on my Facebook feed. Screenshot_20210108-174827_Facebook-01.jpeg.7651d6160b338734a61378102414213b.jpeg

I saw that and the first thing I thought about was:

17 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I have never heard of Golfio until you mentioned them and haven't taken the time to check out their website, yet. But since you mentioned them, they decided to show up on my Facebook feed. Screenshot_20210108-174827_Facebook-01.jpeg.7651d6160b338734a61378102414213b.jpeg

I saw that and the first thing I thought about was:

Disconcerting, isn't it??  Happens here all the time.  I don't have FB, but my wife does.  I do a lot of searching and ordering on Amazon since COVID, and my wife will get ads for some of the things I looked at.  Big Brother is watching us!!  I assume I have no privacy when on my computer.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I think they are giving away an Odyssey Putter.  Give Peggy a call at 888-YOU-MINE 🤣.

Yea @Kenny B, I think you are spot on.  I watched a Netflix special "The Social Dilemma" about Google (technically Googol but the founders misspelled it as engineer types are prone to do) and FB that reveals the purported dirty underbelly of social network systems/websites and the sophisticated, some consider nefarious data mining being done on every user.  I too choose not to have FB, Twitter, Instagram, and like accounts.  I simply don't see the need when we have MGS 😎.

What's so crazy is I didn't even Google, think about, or chant the name of Golfio. I just read it on a forum. I've also been getting a lot of advertising from the golf headcover company that does replicas of your pets after looking them up after @PMookie talked about them on the forum. 

27 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

What's so crazy is I didn't even Google, think about, or chant the name of Golfio. I just read it on a forum. I've also been getting a lot of advertising from the golf headcover company that does replicas of your pets after looking them up after @PMookie talked about them on the forum. 

Looking for the "berry scary" icon but had to choose the sad one 😲.

19 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

Was your TV on?   🤣  

My wife hates Google.  She never uses it; we opt for DuckDuckGo.  Once, she had a Dr. Appt that came in an email (not gmail) that posted in her Outlook calendar.  The day before her Dr. Appt, she got an email reminder from Google that she had a Dr. Appt.  Scary!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I use Chrome mostly on my phone because it works better than Firefox with my work time clock and PTO system. I haven't touched the computer in a long time as my wife has claimed it as hers, plus I really need bifocals to see the computer screen. 

I wish my tv had been on, that would have made me feel better about it. At least the ads for Golfio are better than the ones I get from questionable companies that are selling the impact mats, the ones that show where your clubhead hits. They're showing different mats, with footage from GolfMates, James Robinson, etc...and the web address changes with each one. 

Not sketchy at all. 

On 1/8/2021 at 7:38 PM, sirchunksalot said:

The POWER of Google owning each and everyone of us... But sure, let's just say they are ok there lawmakers.. Smh  

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

I've never used them before.  2nd swing, now that I have.  I think it's the same type of model because they have a VERY limited stock of new clubs.  Most of them they take you for a fitting and then send your specs to the OEM and you get the clubs at your door.  Unless they can sway you instore and get you to buy a "gently used" set of irons, woods or wedges.  

No complaints, cause well I can hit endless balls there with a million clubs and they never chase you out!  It's like a golf addicts heaven right there! 🤣 

Good luck with them.  I think I might browse what they got going on myself now after reading all the comments.  Who knows what I'll end up buying. (Not even gonna deny it anymore cause I'm sure I will get sucked in somehow)

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

2nd swing, now that I have.  I think it's the same type of model because they have a VERY limited stock of new clubs.

Correct they are the same model. They are a retail shop that offers two different levels of fitting and some club repair type services. If they don’t have a customers specs in stock they order from the oem like other retail stores. They are kind of like the second has club version of pga super store

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 6:38 PM, sirchunksalot said:

Watch the documentary “The Social Dilemma”. It’s why I’m not on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS