Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

The best grips on the market

rowjow

I game golf pride multi compounds in practically all colours available. Really like the Winn DSI's but not sure whether to splash the cash although I think they make swinging easier as they are slightly larger and make me relax grip pressure but I do suffer from quite sweaty hands on hot days :/.... What grips do you use?

You're primarily interested in club grips (i.e., not putter), correct?

From a money savings / quality perspective, I think the Lamkin Crossline Tour offers the best of both worlds. For something a little more colorful, check out Premio's ongoing free club grip offer at http://www.premiogrips.com/products_grip_free.php. For superior tack and durability (and a bit more money), check out the offerings at www.bestgrips.com (Harry is the owner and a very nice guy. You'll see him post his stuff here under the user name sarg1948).

I agree about the Lamkin Crossline and they get my vote. I love Golf Pride Multi-Compounds, but I cannot justify the fact they cost twice what a Lamkin grip does. Bang for the Buck, get the Lamkins. You couldn't care less about money? Stay with the Compounds, they are awesome grips...

Tried Winns once but won't do that again - zero durability for me. I currently use NDMCs and have been happy with them. They are expensive, but if you wait for good sales/coupons, you can get the price down a bit. The only thing that I foresee switching to in the future is a full cord of some kind, be it a PING grip or the Lamkin Crossline Cord.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Never, never, never again with Winn grips. I bought a few PCI TL grips and they started showing visible wear after the first round, worn down to the cord after 3.

Every time one of these threads crops up I chime in for IOmics. Yes, they are more expensive than most (less than $13 each through regripit.com for SPY VIP Members), but the durability is unmatched by anything I've played before (Tour Velvet, Crossline, Decade Multi-Compound). They're tacky, yet still reasonably firm, and clean up quite nicely. I've played them on my irons for almost 2 full seasons (50+ rounds a year), and they aren't close to needing replacement yet. If I can get 2+ years out of them, $13 or even $17 each isn't a huge price to pay. Throw in the color selection and I think they're tough to beat.

I've play the sticky model, but I do have their X-Grip I'm going to try out on something soon.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

A lot of people recommend the Tacki Mac Itomics as an alternative to the more expensive Iomics.

They swear by their tackiness, feel and price and it's supposed to be the same material as the Iomics.

I personally haven't tried them out, but I was thinking about installing them in my next set of irons.

EDIT: they even have the new iT2 line, which features the same "negative ion technology" that Iomics markets.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• SPY VIP

Wasn't a fan of the wear on the Tacki Mac Itomics...

Just removed the NO1's and replaced with Lamkin Crossline Blacks. Cheap compared to others, but nice.

Will switch to PURE grips once the come out with the colored grips.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Wasn't a fan of the wear on the Tacki Mac Itomics...

How long did they last?

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

Weird, I've had my Tacki-Mac 1 grips on since the start of the season and they show little to no wear at all after 50 rounds.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

I'm still digging my 2G Tour wraps from Golf Pride. I know some people don't like them but they have been my grips for the past two years.

When I finally got the 2G Tour Wrap putter grip earlier this year I was happier than a pig in chit.

+1 at 3.75 a pop, they're worth their salt. They lasted me all summer and they held up when they got wet. I sweat alot and they never got slippery. And they look good too.

"Never criticize anyone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you have their shoes."

• SPY VIP

Weird, I've had my Tacki-Mac 1 grips on since the start of the season and they show little to no wear at all after 50 rounds.

I may have some grip pressure issues, so YMMV :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

i tried some sharpro dual compound cords over the season as they re abt half the price of gp multi compounds. i honestly cldnt tell much diff between the two

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

i tried some sharpro dual compound cords over the season as they re abt half the price of gp multi compounds. i honestly cldnt tell much diff between the two

I tried those as well and I agree 100% with you. Blind testing and I couldn't tell the difference. Don't know about the durability though.

Waiting for the 2012 releases... if I chance my irons, I'll change the whole bag with Itomics.

I go with the New Decade Multi Compounds. White & black on the driver/fairway/hybrids, red & black on the irons, yellow & black on the wedges. I love the feel of them and the variety of colors is awesome. I plan on gaming them for quite a while.

Driver: Taylormade R11 9°, Fujikura Blur 60 S-flex

Fairway: Taylormade R11 15.5°, Fujikura Blur 70 S-flex

Fairway: Acer XDS React 18° "Machete", Fujikura Fit-On E-360 R Flex

Irons: Taylormade Burner 2.0, 4-PW, Steel SuperFast 85 R-flex

Wedges: Cleveland CG-14 Black Pearl 52° AW, 56° SW, 60° LW

Putter: Bionik 207 Nano Mallet Belly Putter, 43", Winn 21-inch Red/Black Putter Grip

Putter: Cleveland Classic #2 BRZ, Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Ball: Searching for a Penta TP replacement...

Callaway LR550 Laser Rangefinder

Archived