Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Push Cart vs Electric Push Cart?

I’ve been walking with a push cart for months, and I plan to continue, except maybe in Jul-Aug when the heat may drive me to use a riding cart. But my back inevitably tightens up after about 15-16 holes (I’m a senior) and I’m not sure I’d want to play two days in a row - I usually play Mon, Wed and Fri. So I am considering buying an electric cart, like a MotoCaddy M7, but before I spend $1500+ - do electric carts make a significant difference versus “manual” push carts? Or other things I should know, e.g. weight, space in trunk, etc. Help me spend my $ wisely!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

It's not even close to me. I suggest that you take a look at the Electric Walking Cart thread below that I started last February. I am almost 63 enjoy walking the golf course. I was unable to carry my clubs due to back/shoulder issues and used a push cart. It was somewhat difficult pushing the cart on some of the hills , especially during the summer months with the humidity in Georgia. I purchased my electric cart and have no problem walking 18 to 27 holes in the heat, humidity or anytime. I love the exercise and am enjoying my golf even more. Just my opinion!

Good Luck

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I push and agree with @GaDawg that hills can be brutal with a push cart. So, the answer is dependent on how hilly your course is? If it's flat then it might not be worth it. 

I am all for doing whatever you have to do to keep playing. Have fun. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

On 1/8/2021 at 8:02 PM, GaDawg said:

It's not even close to me. I suggest that you take a look at the Electric Walking Cart thread below that I started last February. I am almost 63 enjoy walking the golf course. I was unable to carry my clubs due to back/shoulder issues and used a push cart. It was somewhat difficult pushing the cart on some of the hills , especially during the summer months with the humidity in Georgia. I purchased my electric cart and have no problem walking 18 to 27 holes in the heat, humidity or anytime. I love the exercise and am enjoying my golf even more. Just my opinion!

Good Luck

I didn’t see the thread, probably because I wasn’t thinking about an electric cart then. Very helpful thread, notably you and chisag. Great info on gyros that I hadn’t picked up on. Now my only problem is choosing between the MGI Zip Navigator (your thread) and the MotoCaddy M7 (MGS) - though the post about grit and water in the M7 battery compartment caught my eye.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Just talked to a buddy of mine with an electric and he tells me an electric cart doesn’t make a huge difference in physical toll versus a push cart to him. Our course isn’t that hilly, that may be why? Wish I knew what takes the most toll between walking distance, pushing a cart and just swinging a club 1/3:1/3:1/3? IOW how much exertion is in just pushing a cart. My buddy told me he still enjoys using his electric cart, turns golf into “a stroll” - mentally relaxing.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
2 hours ago, FunkyTee said:

The enjoy watching the quick sprint to catch up to the carts on their forward-advance setting by mistake. 😂 Also watched a buddy push a dead one the last 4 holes.  Seemed heavy and the wheels weren’t a large diameter. 

If by chance mine goes dead or has an issue, I can unlock the wheels and it will roll like a regular push cart.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Don’t know whether to ask here or the earlier (better). I’m ready to order an MGI Zip Navigator and I’ve found a decent price. I would get the All-Terrain/Quad model but it’s $200 more! Anyone know if that’s worth the up charge?

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

I had the regular navigator year before last and sold it to a buddy when I had knee surgery and was out of commission a while. I just bought the all-terrain model in December when Costco had a sale. I paid $1400 with tax at Costco. It came with a seat which is great on slow play days and a few other accessories. The front wheels are wider and the tires may be a very slight amount more aggressive than the regular one. I don’t know that it’s worth $200 more than the regular navigator but if I were buying them again I would probably go with the all-terrain model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

^^^ Thanks. Turns out the Costco MGI Zip Navigator AT is only $100 more than than the non-AT version I was looking at elsewhere. And the Costco package includes even more accessories than the other source, both with free shipping - so I just ordered the Costco AT. I have to believe the AT is a little less likely to tip, though I’m told it happens to everyone eventually. I’m really looking forward to it, and now I’ll “have to” walk most/all the time to justify the purchase, offsetting the cost of a riding cart. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. It will be nice to just walk 18 without pushing or carrying anything for the first time in my life!

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
^^^ Thanks. Turns out the Costco MGI Zip Navigator AT is only $100 more than than the non-AT version I was looking at elsewhere. And the Costco package includes even more accessories than the other source, both with free shipping - so I I just ordered the Costco AT. I have to believe the AT is a little less likely to tip, though I’m told it happens to everyone eventually. I’m really looking forward to it, and now I’ll “have to” walk most/all the time to justify the purchase, offsetting the cost of a riding cart. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. It will be nice to just walk 18 without pushing or carrying anything for the first time in my life!

You’ll enjoy it. It’s pretty stable. Just walk with hand on it when crossing curbs or climbing steep hills. Be sure to adjust the rear wheelie wheel out so it doesn’t tip over backwards when climbing steep hills. Don’t ask me how I know. . It’s definitely worth the investment if you play and walk quite a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
  • 1 month later...

It’s way overpriced, but I couldn’t find a cheaper alternative that could be well integrated. Now I can carry lots of beverages and snacks for warm/hot days. It is well designed and very well made, I paid $55 and change and now my Zip Navigator is perfect for my needs.

https://mgigolf.com/products/cooler-storage-bag-1

71F95C52-3A93-4855-9F27-348BD8703727.jpeg

FE565C3C-2543-4413-80E6-45FE6E904589.jpeg

5210907E-5E4A-4EC3-A3B3-149B0828D7F6.jpeg

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1