TESTERS WANTED! ×

Should I get or no ?

bha2597

It will be very hard for anyone to tell you how much gap you will have between there two clubs. Most people assume that for every 4 degrees of loft between irons, you should have about a 10 yard gap, but this is only a rule of thumb. The 5W you have is 2.5* stronger and probably a little longer (shaft length) than the hybrid, so there should be some distance gap. I find that distance gapping between woods/hybrids comes down to how well and how consistently you hit them.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

It will be very hard for anyone to tell you how much gap you will have between there two clubs. Most people assume that for every 4 degrees of loft between irons, you should have about a 10 yard gap, but this is only a rule of thumb. The 5W you have is 2.5* stronger and probably a little longer (shaft length) than the hybrid, so there should be some distance gap. I find that distance gapping between woods/hybrids comes down to how well and how consistently you hit them.

I agree though my thumb says 3 degrees. :)

There will also be other differences such as ease of use in many situations. Higher loft woods and hybrids are often easier for people who don't get enough practice. The higher loft and therefore flight can also make holding greens easier or at least more likely.

Bottom line is still how well you can use it.

Shambles

Archived