Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What’s in my bag

2020 saw a shift in my golf game. I got fitted for the first time and kept only 3 clubs from my bag. I re worked my swing, dropped my handicap from 24 to 16 and played more rounds (35) than the previous 5 years combined. I even changed ball allegiances. Without further adieu, here is what’s in my bag:

Ping G410+ driver

Taylormade Burner 3W*

Cobra Speedzone 3h

Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 4-GW

Cleveland CBX2 54 degree wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 2.0 58 degree wedge*

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter*

The 3 clubs I kept are the 3 with the *

I got a free set of arccos sensors with the Cobra Hybrid and I extended that subscription after the initial trial period. 

After playing Callaway balls for years, I switched to Titleist, first Velocity, then switched to Tour Speed. 

I set a goal of 40 rounds for 2021, and want to get to a single digit handicap. I am taking some online lessons and early returns are promising. I shot an 89 on a difficult course in cold, windy conditions this week, so I’m feeling pretty food about how this year will shape up for me. 

I’ll likely upgrade my 3w and 58* wedge this year but you’d have to pry that putter out my cold lifeless hands before I switched it out. 

Been reading MGS for a year or so, but haven’t posted much. Feel free to comment or ask questions about my clubs. 

B75B1576-53E0-46D5-81DC-28F1D3F16E3D.jpeg

EDB965CE-2B19-4A5D-8FBB-CDABD059EF4F.jpeg

41E10A77-08DD-44C9-96AA-D73DA5B6C52C.jpeg

2FB0C841-181D-4076-B619-B16E72CEDDCB.jpeg

Edited by Watchnut33
Added pic

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls

• 2 weeks later...

Nice bag.

I recently started playing the jpx919 hm and I am really enjoying those clubs. 

Have a new set of mavrik max irons i am changing out shafts to project x 6.5 steel. Once I get those shafts in mavriks I will play a few rounds and try to make a choice for gamer and backup.  Probable sell backup and get a set of Jpx921 forged to test out 

I recently started playingba mavrik 3w and 5w, and I am really loving both of them.  

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 9.0 driver, aldila rogue white 130msi 70x

Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero 3w and 5w

Aldila rogue white 130 msi 70s

Callaway Mavrik 7w

aldila rogue white 130msi 70S

Mizuno JPX-919 hot metal 

5-lw, tt tour new concept x1 shafts

Odessey triple track 7 putter.

9 hours ago, Cbfodalo said:

Nice bag.

I recently started playing the jpx919 hm and I am really enjoying those clubs. 

Have a new set of mavrik max irons i am changing out shafts to project x 6.5 steel. Once I get those shafts in mavriks I will play a few rounds and try to make a choice for gamer and backup.  Probable sell backup and get a set of Jpx921 forged to test out 

I recently started playingba mavrik 3w and 5w, and I am really loving both of them.  

I love these irons, they’re so easy to hit. When I was getting my fitting I thought for sure I’d end up with Mavriks, since I’d been gaming Callaways for years and loved them. They were bottom of the list performance wise after my fitting. My top two were the 919 and Wilson D7s and it was really close. Ping 410s (I think) were 3rd, had the best feeling but lacked the distance the 919 and D7s had. 

Ping G410+, 9* with draw bias weight setting, 55g Alta CB stiff shaft

Taylormade Burner 3w, stiff shaft 

Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-GW, regular flex

Cleveland CBX2 54* wedge

Cleveland Smart Sole 58* wedge

Ping Scottsdale Piper C putter

Titleist Tour Speed balls