Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Justin Thomas hot mic

i’ve said far worse to myself, but these guys have to know the mics are always hot. even more so now with no fans to drown them out. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

Ah man it’s a tough one. I get the “professional” approach and keeping emotions in check....but like you said I’m one for this all the time and this exact line or a shorty “you p****”.
I know if I was on tour I would be saying the same crap and I would be on this video so is what it is in my eyes. 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

Didn't hear Justin say anything in the video clip... just the commentators.  Did he let a "shucky darn" go flying? 😆

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 minute ago, fixyurdivot said:

Didn't hear Justin say anything in the video clip... just the commentators.  Did he let a "shucky darn" go flying? 😆

he called himself a british cigarette. 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Well put lol. You’re an HRs best friend 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

6 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Ah man it’s a tough one. I get the “professional” approach and keeping emotions in check....but like you said I’m one for this all the time and this exact line or a shorty “you p****”.
I know if I was on tour I would be saying the same crap and I would be on this video so is what it is in my eyes. 

exactly. 

and like you said, i definitely see both sides. 

put a microphone in everyone’s office at work and we’re all gonna come out looking like bad guys. these dudes are putting for extremely high stakes...it’s a big ask for them not to let emotions take over. 

that being said, they’re well aware cameras and microphones are everywhere. one poorly worded outburst can cost them millions in sponsorship deals, as well as favor in the eyes of fans and young golfers who want to be the next JT or Matt Wolff. 

They shouldn’t be miked in my opinion, but I know that horse left the barn long ago. It’s enough their bad shots and tantrums are shown. I also object to cameras going in close on faces of athletes and coaches with all televised sports after a misstep just hoping to catch cursing or the like, but also falling on deaf ears.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

5 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Well put lol. You’re an HRs best friend 

hahah believe me i’m not. i just like this place and don’t wanna get kicked out 😇

7 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

Meh...could be shorthand for Friggin-Ass-Game 😆.

2 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

that being said, they’re well aware cameras and microphones are everywhere. one poorly worded outburst can cost them millions in sponsorship deals, as well as favor in the eyes of fans and young golfers who want to be the next JT or Matt Wolff. 

The jury is still out on losing fans. They may lose some, and gain others. Bad behavior is more popular than ever baba booey...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

1 minute ago, Middler said:

They shouldn’t be miked in my opinion, but I know that horse left the barn long ago. It’s enough their bad shots and tantrums are shown. I also object to cameras going in close on faces of athletes and coaches after a misstep just hoping to catch cursing or the like, but also falling on deaf ears.

i couldn’t agree more 

10 minutes ago, Middler said:

They shouldn’t be miked in my opinion, but I know that horse left the barn long ago. It’s enough their bad shots and tantrums are shown. I also object to cameras going in close on faces of athletes and coaches after a misstep just hoping to catch cursing or the like, but also falling on deaf ears.

I get wanting to attract all fans and I get pretty fed up with those that have tantrums (DK metcalf yesterday comes to mind) but for the most part athletes are human and the raw emotion here and there I enjoy, gives me personally something to relate to them because it sure as 💩 isn’t my game.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

People say and hear worse pretty much all day on life. The announcers and the media need something to talk about so to me it’s not that big of a deal as they make it out to be.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

The fact that you may or may not hear this or something worse every day doesnt matter.  He shouldnt have said it.  Period.  It shows a real lack of maturity on JT's part and I hope he learns and is a better man for it.

There was a time when golf was a gentleman's game but those days are clearly long gone.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I know we all want to see something/someone better come out of this for JT. He's in a tough spot. Just like many athletes and famous folks, they are learning how to be adults while the whole world's watching them. We all get to learn those lessons in private. I'm not going to act like I have any idea what his life or situation is like and that if I'd be a better person in that moment.

My wife was reading one of the articles about JT. She doesn't know anything about his status in the golf world or who he is as a person. To her he was just a punk idiot who doesn't deserve to be successful by acting like that. Then I had to explain how in the golf culture, to leave a putt short or miss an easy putt, it is very customary to be followed by an assortment of emasculating, and gender insensitive slurs (but of course I don't do that...). My dad is the most generous and caring guy in the world but when he skids a put, he immediately re names himself Sally or makes comments about how he brought my mom's putter with him by mistake.

Not that ANY of that is excused. Being such a high-profile golf figure, it would only make sense to retrain the ol brain to replace the "put my career in jeopardy" words with some more PC phrases. Hell, if he had just called himself a p#@$y he'd be in much less hot water.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

11 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I know we all want to see something/someone better come out of this for JT. He's in a tough spot. Just like many athletes and famous folks, they are learning how to be adults while the whole world's watching them. We all get to learn those lessons in private. I'm not going to act like I have any idea what his life or situation is like and that if I'd be a better person in that moment.

My wife was reading one of the articles about JT. She doesn't know anything about his status in the golf world or who he is as a person. To her he was just a punk idiot who doesn't deserve to be successful by acting like that. Then I had to explain how in the golf culture, to leave a putt short or miss an easy putt, it is very customary to be followed by an assortment of emasculating, and gender insensitive slurs (but of course I don't do that...emoji2955.png). My dad is the most generous and caring guy in the world but when he skids a put, he immediately re names himself Sally or makes comments about how he brought my mom's putter with him by mistake.

Not that ANY of that is excused. Being such a high-profile golf figure, it would only make sense to retrain the ol brain to replace the "put my career in jeopardy" words with some more PC phrases. Hell, if he had just called himself a p#@$y he'd be in much less hot water.

Very well put 😂

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

1 hour ago, BadgerGolfer said:

There was a time when golf was a gentleman's game but those days are clearly long gone.

i agree with the first part of your comment. just because most of us here aren’t shaken by JTs reaction isn’t a license for him to use that word.  it’s an ugly word rooted in hate.

but, i was hoping someone brought up your second point  

golf, and golfers as a result, likes to sit on a high horse with the “gentleman’s game” label.  

some of the guys crying for JT’s head are the very same ones who drink and gamble on the course a few times a week

that doesn’t mean what JT did is right, it just means maybe people shouldn’t point fingers with dirty hands 

Y'all hold professional golfers to unfairly high standards. He's a human. He said a word. 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

The fact that you may or may not hear this or something worse every day doesnt matter.  He shouldnt have said it.  Period.  It shows a real lack of maturity on JT's part and I hope he learns and is a better man for it.

I'm not going to disagree with you, but... do you honestly think that those guys from the past didn't say things like that to themselves? It is still a gentleman's game but, like everything else, modern tech, and the ability to see a spec on a knat's ass from a mile away, has changed things drastically from the days of yore.

Edited by silver & black

I'm not going to comment on what JT said cuz it has been beat to death all over the internet on its poor form. 

I will say in response to this quote from you though, that those same "Gentlemen" at the onset of this great game believed they were superior to others because of their wealth and status. They also more than likely said and did more egregious stuff than what you will run into in today's game. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

18 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

i agree with the first part of your comment. just because most of us here aren’t shaken by JTs reaction isn’t a license for him to use that word.  it’s an ugly word rooted in hate.

golf, and golfers as a result, likes to sit on a high horse with the “gentleman’s game” label.  

some of the guys crying for JT’s head are the very same ones who drink and gamble on the course a few times a week

that doesn’t mean what JT did is right, it just means maybe people shouldn’t point fingers with dirty hands 

This

7 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Y'all hold professional golfers to unfairly high standards. He's a human. He said a word. 

And this

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

35 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

I don't think the word is associated in the same way as it used to be, especially for people his age. Homosexuality is pretty commonplace in today's society and you don't need to be gay to be a [bundle of sticks].

31 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I think it's the choice of word that's causing the stir. We all understand how golf can be, and is the most mentally challenging sport played. I'll just come out and say it.. we all swear in the name of golf. Some may not actually say swear words but they certainly use words that they consider swear words because golf certainly invokes it.

When a word like that is used, it's not just a guy cursing. It's a person who supports charities, organizations, and is an embassador for the game of golf throughout the world.. and is an embassador for the US when playing abroad.. and a game as an organization that is really trying to make efforts to shake its masculine-centered roots/history and show that it supports gender and lifestyle differences in all forms.

When he stated that he didn't realize he said it, that almost made it worse because that's a muscle memory word that he probably uses quite freely and often. I'm really giving him the benefit that he might just use the word without knowing how really harmful and hateful it is. When I was a teenager I used all sorts of words that would just make me sick to hear today.. none of them curse words but just ugly and ignorant.. but I was a kid and just didn't have enough life experience to know better.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I think it's the choice of word that's causing the stir. We all understand how golf can be, and is the most mentally challenging sport played. I'll just come out and say it.. we all swear in the name of golf. Some may not actually say swear words but they certainly use words that they consider swear words because golf certainly evokes it.

When a word like that is used, it's not just a guy cursing. It's a person who supports charities, organizations, and is an embassador for the game of golf throughout the world.. and is an embassador for the US when playing abroad.. and a game as an organization that is really trying to make efforts to shake its masculine-centered roots/history and show that it supports gender and lifestyle differences in all forms.

When he stated that he didn't realize he said it, that almost made it worse because that's a muscle memory word that he probably uses quite freely and often. I'm really giving him the benefit that he might just use the word without knowing how really harmful and hateful it is. When I was a teenager I used all sorts of words that would just make me sick to hear today.. none of them curse words but just ugly and ignorant.. but I was a kid and just didn't have enough life experience to know better.

Yes but the word for my age group and his isn’t really used for that. It’s not derogatory to anyone it’s more a “dumbass” slang. I think swears are over analyzed. If he’s a bigot and is using the term in that manner then yes shame on him but that’s not the case here.

Check out my reviews:

WITB:

2 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

I think it's the choice of word that's causing the stir. We all understand how golf can be, and is the most mentally challenging sport played. I'll just come out and say it.. we all swear in the name of golf. Some may not actually say swear words but they certainly use words that they consider swear words because golf certainly evokes it.

Well said, but saying that word, in that moment, doesn't change the fact that he supports all these charities or the fact that he seems to be a good, genuine HUMAN BEING at his core. Maybe if he dropped an N bomb or something, I'd rush to the pitchforks, but the word he said doesn't mean what it used to IMO.

Yes but the word for my age group and his isn’t really used for that. It’s not derogatory to anyone it’s more a “dumbass” slang. I think swears are over analyzed. If he’s a bigot and is using the term in that manner then yes shame on him but that’s not the case here.
I'm not disagreeing.

Unfortunately, the professional stage that JT has chosen to make his money on is followed by both age groups that don't take issue, and REALLY take issue.. meaning from teens to elderly and in between.

Additionally, social media, and media in general has no favorites in any sport. They'll re-crucify Jesus if he came back and said 1 thing that was out of sorts. Even if it's an antiquated phrase that has little meaning to today's kids, it's still something that should just be eliminated from the vocabulary when in front of the world.

He's definitely in a tough spot.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Well said, but saying that word, in that moment, doesn't change the fact that he supports all these charities or the fact that he seems to be a good, genuine HUMAN BEING at his core. Maybe if he dropped an N bomb or something, I'd rush to the pitchforks, but the word he said doesn't mean what it used to IMO.
I just meant that he's an example that many are looking up to. He does so many good things that can quickly and easily be overshadowed when the media has its way.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

And it does not just apply to professional golfers.  We as a society have, IMO, become WAY TOO sensitized to, seemingly, everything.  I just had to switch from TGC as it has become a discussion ad nauseum. 

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

I just meant that he's an example that many are looking up to. He does so many good things that can quickly and easily be overshadowed when the media has its way.

Yeah unfortunately people are no longer able to form their own opinions on things and let the media tell them how they should feel 😔

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

Y'all hold professional golfers to unfairly high standards. He's a human. He said a word

Bolded for my own emphasis.

It must be nice to consider a slur just a word guys. We as a society have a long list of words that can be used in this situation and the fact that this is where JT defaulted to is, in my mind, pathetic and troubling. I understand that to many of you this isn't a big deal, but to a segment of people it's a huge deal and we need to identify our own biases and privilege in forming these opinions. I would feel the same way if he used the n word, the r word, "gay", any real pejorative term that shouldn't be used in this day in age.

Look, you want to let off some steam, throw out an f bomb! Is it a swear word? Sure, but is it diminishing or marginalizing a group? Nope. I don't have a problem with people swearing on the golf course, but it just makes my skin crawl when people default to some of these terms that really shouldn't be used in some spots.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)