TESTERS WANTED! ×

taylormade 2012

brookswilliams

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

We'll post something as soon as we get it. TaylorMade has done an exceptional job thus far keeping things under wraps.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• SPY VIP

Any idea if they're actually going to want you to review their stuff? :)

Last time I talked to them we weren't their yet, but I wouldn't categorize the relationship as frosty. We're simply two businesses on different pages, but I'm working on it...

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

I thought this year was a very weird one for Taylormade. I was expecting at least two spin-offs of the R11 or the SF2.0 during the year, but nothing happened. Maybe a big surprise for this next year???

I'm sure next year will bring something new for TM (it always does). We don't have any inside information on the subject, but the total lack of a mid-summer release (other than the R11 irons) leads us to believe that the R11 woods blew past TM's original sales expectations. With the R11 line still selling very well, there was no reason whatsoever (even by golf equipment industry standards) to do anything else.

This summer through me off, I am used to seeing new stuff from TM every 6 months. Maybe they just got tired of everyone patronizing them. I don't even believe that they should have came out with the R11 irons. They just came out with three new sets of forged irons. Just my opinion!!

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

From Fore Golf:

Some of the latest whispers from Taylor Made HQ is that the R11 is set to continue, but with a range change to incorporate a completely new driver head design.

We would still bank on seeing a "super-deep" Tour styled head. The white will stay and R11 will get a whole new refreshed look in 2012 and by all accounts is set to be even better!

The CB iron will get the bullet with the R11 iron taking over its spot for next year. The MC and MB head will also stay

We're glad the MC and MB heads are staying, we love those two heads. We are still hanging our coat on the white iron story and reckon you'll be pretty surprised what 2012 will bring.

But the biggest news for Taylor Made fans in 2012 is that the beloved Burner is now gone. Yes, that's right The Burner has been officially retired with a whole new name and range of clubs to replace it.

The word is it will be the biggest success story in golf equipment in 2012. It will be an "adjustable" line of heads at the same price point as the current Burner range. By all accounts, the performance is off the map. This is really exciting news with a whole new franchise name with new driver, fairway, rescue, irons and wedges.

There is also a rumour of some really interesting shaft developments to go with the new club heads. We are digging deeper to see whether what we saw recently in R+D is actually going to market and if is, all I can say is WOW

In another bit of "nugget news" is that Taylor Made are going to have a real go at the Titleist ball market domination with the launch of two new golf balls in 2012.

"Ball 1" will be a "Tour" style ball with lots of feel and great flight dynamics, like a pumped up, leaner Penta.

"Ball 2" will come out in 2012 to go head to head with the ProV1. We've been told it will be just as good but at a much lower price point.

Brave statement we know, but with so much success this year and everything Taylor Made touch turning to White-Gold it makes good sense. By the way they're not actually called Ball 1 and Ball 2.

All these newbies are set to launch worldwide around February 1st 2012.

An R11 SuperDeep?! But...but...

I just got my R9 SuperDeep! :P

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• 2 weeks later...

taylormade spy, I have to know do you work for them? I know that there isn't great blood between this sight and Taylormade. I would like for this feud to end, Mygolfspy.com is a great and honest site and taylormade is a great company.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

taylormade spy, I have to know do you work for them? I know that there isn't great blood between this sight and Taylormade. I would like for this feud to end, Mygolfspy.com is a great and honest site and taylormade is a great company.

Yes I know, its strange. He has been registered for some time but just posted for the first time asking about this topic.

• SPY VIP

Has any one heared of the name troy or troj as a product name for the new Burner replacer?

Lamkin has some new grips coming out called Aeroburners or something like that.

Maybe new Burner name :unsure:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

From Golfwrx "nellycrock" "The "Burner" name is being dropped for 2012. R11 is staying and the Burner Superfast 2.0 is being replaced with a new name ".........." not even the reps have been told the new name. It will be the same price point as the Superfast 2.0 but shorter in shaft length and will have a fully adjustable head.

5 Piece Penta is staying but will have a new name and there will also be a new 3 piece ball that will be a copy of the ProV1 but at a fantastic £29.99 rrp.

New wedges will still have interchangeable face plates but will also have interchangeable bounce!"

More rumors.

An R11 SuperDeep?! But...but...

I just got my R9 SuperDeep! :P

Lol, don't worry, the R9 SD still one of the best overall driver of the last years. I got one this summer and I had it cut at 43,75 inches long, I adjust the SW back to D4 with 30 grams of weight in the head and I love this baby... The shaft feel amazing, RIP is an sublime standard shaft.

R11 superdeep some great but really expensive for the next year. Probably a bargain in 2013...

Regarding the cancellation of the Tour preferred CB, it is not a huge lost. I don't know what Taylor Made were thinking when they developped this iron set but they were totally wrong. If they believed they could rivalize with the AP2, they were totally wrong, AP2 still look good, the CB was ugly all the way. one of the worst looking iron in years, worse than the S2 forged of Cobra. And don't forget, in this category of mid-game-improvement-mid-player-irons, look is really important. CB were so ugly, it was painfull to look at those standing aside ou MC and MB that are so pretty.

• SPY VIP

Think more along the lines of Adams technology for the new Burner replacement line-up.

Lol, that's a lot of detail... seriously, i would love if Taylor Made can add MWT to their FW to let us costumize them easily...

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

No not that technology....

Tell me it's not a Velocity Slot... :(

They can't be that blatant can they?

Maybe a Ti face version at a premium price?

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Tell me it's not a Velocity Slot... :(

They can't be that blatant can they?

Maybe a Ti face version at a premium price?

Lol... love that answer... seam like I'm not the only one who has problem with the look of that technology... lol

anyway, I,ll wait and see...

Archived