Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

taylormade 2012

brookswilliams

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

Now since TM is already threatening to sue again because of some possible photos...I will tell you that I actually dreamed this new design up and only think it will come true ;)

#TruthDigest

Lol, that's a lot of detail... seriously, i would love if Taylor Made can add MWT to their FW to let us costumize them easily...

If you want TM MWT tech in a fairway just find a used R7 cgb man. Replace the stock reax shaft and have fun hitting it a mile....

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• 4 weeks later...

mannn im now having second thoughts on whether to pull the trigger on the r11 head that i told the shop to bring in for me!!! its nt too late for me to cancel the order

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

mannn im now having second thoughts on whether to pull the trigger on the r11 head that i told the shop to bring in for me!!! its nt too late for me to cancel the order

Ironically, I'm playing better with the Machspeed Round than the R11 :lol:

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Ironically, I'm playing better with the Machspeed Round than the R11 :lol:

lol steven if i have the round i wont be trying so hard to let it go, its the square that is horrible

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

lol steven if i have the round i wont be trying so hard to let it go, its the square that is horrible

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! No wonder... Yeah, I wouldn't buy the square one either :P

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• 3 weeks later...
  • SPY VIP

TaylorMade has done an exceptional job of keeping their 2012 stuff under wraps. We do anticipate a follow up to the R11, a new wedge (rumored to have adjustable bounce), and a new Fairway wood. Rumors are that TaylorMade will be making one of the biggest distance claims ever with the new fairway wood, but until it happens this is all speculation.

So far only pics of the RocketBallz (Burner Replacement) driver, fairway, and irons have leaked. We've got them here.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

It is really starting to get boring. Every year the new stuff and in fact it is no better than last years, or the year before, or before that, and so on. But, people looking to buy a game support the companies and keep them in business.

They look just like the original R9 faces in my opinion. The irons remind me of the "beautiful" Nike Matchspeed irons, but with a worse colour pallet. The good news is the R9 Supertri and Superdeep will go even lower now!!!! The lack of six-month cycles this year had kept the prices a little bit higher than usual

The latest rumors:

The new R11 will have more adjustability at the hosel (+/- 1.5* of loft). To account for the greater changes in face angle, the ASP will have 5 positions, not just 3.

The ROCKETBALLZ fairway and hybrid will have max COR via some type of compression slot, but this technology will not be used in the R11 fairways or hybrids. Also, there will be 2 ROCKETBALLZ drivers, one deeper faced than the other.

The Burner line will still be around at the $199 and below price points.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Can someone explain me the physics behind adjusting the loft? I have a hard time understanding how a horizontal torque-type movement can adjust a vertical loft when the hosel needs to be adjusted completely and leaving no space between shaft and head in order to work...

Can someone explain me the physics behind adjusting the loft? I have a hard time understanding how a horizontal torque-type movement can adjust a vertical loft when the hosel needs to be adjusted completely and leaving no space between shaft and head in order to work...

I hope I'm answering what you're asking:

The actual loft of the clubhead is not adjusted by these types of mechanisms, but the effective loft is. A 10.5* head is always 10.5*, it was made that way at the factory and it never changes. However, the effective loft is only 10.5* when the face is square. When you set the head to an open setting, you need to close the face to return it to square at impact, thus decreasing the effective loft. The same works in reverse: if you close the face at address, you need to open it at impact, thus adding to the effective loft.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• 2 weeks later...

MGS, you're slacking. Another site already has all of the new lines posted with in hand pics. The new velocity slot on the 3 wood is nice and subtle.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

MGS, you're slacking. Another site already has all of the new lines posted with in hand pics. The new velocity slot on the 3 wood is nice and subtle.

Slacking? If only...

When you've basically evolved into traditional media and you work closely with the big OEMs, and more importantly play 100% by their rules, they're going to incentivize you to remain in line. That means big ad money, trips out to the Kingdom, and access to the equipment. when they're ready to let you see it.

When you don't play by their rules, sometimes you have to sit on the images you got two months ago because it's impossible to have a 5 minute conversation without getting a strongly worded letter from somebody on the legal team. It sometimes sucks, but these are our circumstances.

One other note, I can appreciate that you spend time on other forums, and I know the rules on those other forums can be silly and childish, which means you've been conditioned not to write things like "mygolfspy" because of spam, but we're adults here, and we're not so petty as to pretend that we're the only game in town. So yeah..It's ok...you can say the name of the other site, even if they won't let you say the name of this one.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

I hope I'm answering what you're asking:

The actual loft of the clubhead is not adjusted by these types of mechanisms, but the effective loft is. A 10.5* head is always 10.5*, it was made that way at the factory and it never changes. However, the effective loft is only 10.5* when the face is square. When you set the head to an open setting, you need to close the face to return it to square at impact, thus decreasing the effective loft. The same works in reverse: if you close the face at address, you need to open it at impact, thus adding to the effective loft.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Yes it makes sense. So, the "final" loft will just depend on my ability to square the face after I open/close it.

Thank you mate....

• SPY VIP

And as it turns out, today is the launch day. Pretty much everyone has pics right now. What I will say about WRX is they have their own (no doubt from their recent visit to the Kingdom). Everyone else is running with stock pics, but talking like they just discovered fire.

I didn't use the name of the other site because I don't cross promote. FWIW, there's ways around their filters though.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

I didn't use the name of the other site because I don't cross promote. FWIW, there's ways around their filters though.

We definitely see traffic coming in from there quite often. I just think it's silly that have it place to begin with. It's like if someone says our name 3 times, something really bad is going to happen.

Archived