TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best push cart for limited storage space

Herts JoaTMoN

Hi all, in the market for a new push cart. Got convinced that I should carry by some of my playing buddies and ended up getting rid of my old Stewart Golf one. It was a good trolley, solid and stable but it was pretty bulky.

I find the last 3-6 holes a real chore for 18 holes when carrying a full set so want to push again I'm not playing my half set. I work at a desk all day and am prone to lower back pain if I'm not monitoring my posture. I try to bring as little as possible in my rounds so want something light weight and something that is not too intrusive when stored away. I went from one extreme of having everything golf related known to man when i first started, to going full minimalist, 6 clubs and a Sunday bag for a brief spell, and am ready for a happy medium state.

The most compact / light I have found is the Big Max Blade IP, but I wondered if anyone had any other recommendation before I bite the bullet and lay £260 down on it...

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...

I had a buddy pick up a Caddytek pushcart at Costco awhile back. It rolls very easy. Only about $140. It’s a Swivel 3 wheeler.

Image1610405268.801159.thumb.jpg.b0921424db34e6204c1959c8fc60f357.jpg

Image1610405443.924334.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
Cobra F8 (12*)w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular; 3W & 5W Cobra King F8 w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue Regular shafts; Tour Edge CBX119 22* Hybrid w/Project X Evenflo Regular shaft; Wilson Staff D-7 5-PW + GW + SW w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore LW(58*) w/DG Spinner shaft. Putter: 33” Slotline SSi 693 Bag: Cobra Ultralight Cart bag, Peaccoat Blue.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Give the ClicGear Rovic R1C a hard look. They are brilliant. Folds small, lightweight, tons of options, and most important (IMO) its easy af to open/close. 

https://www.clicgearusa.com/collections/rovic

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

Thanks all. Will be a few months until the golf clubs are open again here in the UK so no need for an immediate purchase. Will keep an eye out for any deals and report back once I have bought and tested my cart.

Compact and light are a bit conflicted in my experience 🙂 The most compact in terms of storage and transport has been Clic Gear - but they aren't light and not necessarily the easiest rollers around (from my experiences). But the Clic Gear was one of my favourites - I think its nearly indestructible.

The easiest roller, lightest in use I have owned has been the Sun Mountain SpeedCart - rolls easily and felt quite effortless in use BUT it has a large storage and transport footprint.  Had a Bagboy quad an it was compact but also not a great roller.  My current cart, a Walker Trolley (https://walkertrolleys.com),  is the best compromise of weight, size and usability I've ever owned.  Easy roller, light enough, small enough, quiet well engineered and designed, very retro cool vibe - but it isn't inexpensive, in terms of typical push carts.  And the lack of an umbrella holder (at this time but Im told they are working on it and Im sure there are after market options if really required) may make it problematic given the UK weather normal state 🙂

Not sure if this helps or not ....

21 minutes ago, golferguy27 said:

Compact and light are a bit conflicted in my experience 🙂 The most compact in terms of storage and transport has been Clic Gear - but they aren't light and not necessarily the easiest rollers around (from my experiences). But the Clic Gear was one of my favourites - I think its nearly indestructible.

The easiest roller, lightest in use I have owned has been the Sun Mountain SpeedCart - rolls easily and felt quite effortless in use BUT it has a large storage and transport footprint.  Had a Bagboy quad an it was compact but also not a great roller.  My current cart, a Walker Trolley (https://walkertrolleys.com),  is the best compromise of weight, size and usability I've ever owned.  Easy roller, light enough, small enough, quiet well engineered and designed, very retro cool vibe - but it isn't inexpensive, in terms of typical push carts.  And the lack of an umbrella holder (at this time but Im told they are working on it and Im sure there are after market options if really required) may make it problematic given the UK weather normal state 🙂

Not sure if this helps or not ....

Saw an advert for the Walker on instagram yesterday. They must know!

I think once shipping to the UK is factored in I think it will become quite expensive. It is a nice looking bit of kit though

Edited by Herts JoaTMoN

It sorta depends on how you want to store it.  I like the Big Max Blade IP, but I'm not sure about it folding flat for my application; I haven't seen one up close and personal.  I need two carts that store in the trunk of my car, along with two golf bags.  I think I would have to stack them on top of each other.  If I were a single golfer, it would be more attractive.

I've had the Sun Mountain MicroCart (the original one) for about 10 years with no problems.  It's compact enough that two fit in my trunk with our two bags.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Clicgear!  Super compact and very well built.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

On 1/11/2021 at 5:08 AM, Herts JoaTMoN said:

Hi all, in the market for a new push cart. Got convinced that I should carry by some of my playing buddies and ended up getting rid of my old Stewart Golf one. It was a good trolley, solid and stable but it was pretty bulky.

I find the last 3-6 holes a real chore for 18 holes when carrying a full set so want to push again I'm not playing my half set. I work at a desk all day and am prone to lower back pain if I'm not monitoring my posture. I try to bring as little as possible in my rounds so want something light weight and something that is not too intrusive when stored away. I went from one extreme of having everything golf related known to man when i first started, to going full minimalist, 6 clubs and a Sunday bag for a brief spell, and am ready for a happy medium state.

The most compact / light I have found is the Big Max Blade IP, but I wondered if anyone had any other recommendation before I bite the bullet and lay £260 down on it...

I have the BigMax iQ+. It folds to a pretty small volume (not terribly flat, though) and is pretty light.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I just purchased a Bag Boy EZ Push Cart and one of the things I wanted was compact storage capability.  This cart will fold into 18"x17"x23".  I will be able to hang it in my garage tucked in some corner not to get in the way of anything.  There are a few new carts on eBay for a decent price (and free shipping).

BagBoy EZ cart.jpg

Edited by RobotDoctor

Driver:  TaylorMade 300 Mini 11.5° (10.2°), Fujikura Ventus Blue 5S Velocore

3W:  TaylorMade M4 15°, Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Sim2 2 Iron Hybrid 17°, Mitsubishi Tensai AV Raw Blue 80 stiff

Irons:  Mizuno 223 4-PW, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

GW / LW:  Scratch Golf 1018 forged 50°/ 58° DS, Nippon Modus3 Tour 120 stiff

SW:  Callaway MD5 Jaws 54°, TT DG Tour Issue S200 115g wedge shaft

Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 GSS custom, Salty MidPlus cork grip

Grips: BestGrips Augusta Microperf leather slip on