TESTERS WANTED! ×

PING G425 Driver

GolfSpy BOS

Why why why does PING do this to me!?  Looks like the embargo is up and and the new PING is getting a lot of praise... 

I think I'm going to have to give it a try and see how they feel.  Anyone else salivating like I am? 🤤

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

3 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Why why why does PING do this to me!?  Looks like the embargo is up and and the new PING is getting a lot of praise... 

I think I'm going to have to give it a try and see how they feel.  Anyone else salivating like I am? 🤤

Since I've got a 410 do I dare try a 425 or wait for 4XX🤣

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Since I've got a 410 do I dare try a 425 or wait for 4XX

I think we all know we’re going to try the 425, 4xx, 4yy, and 4zz lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

12 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Gets the cobra over the summer. Looking at PXG's yesterday now into the PING's....CHO!

If you need an Amazon Prime Day intervention - Gallery

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I want to like the Ping drivers but I can never really get used to the turbulator look.  The 425 fairway woods and hybrids look fantastic without them.  I wonder if this is a test to see if they should move away from the turbulators in the next line of drivers?

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

I want to like the Ping drivers but I can never really get used to the turbulator look.  The 425 fairway woods and hybrids look fantastic without them.  I wonder if this is a test to see if they should move away from the turbulators in the next line of drivers?

They have been around for a while now, and it feels like they could do something else for aero if they wanted to. They never bothered me in the G30, but I do agree the new fairway looks very good with the 3 dots.

18 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Since I've got a 410 do I dare try a 425 or wait for 4XX🤣

I'm hoping they will be available for my rescheduled fitting with Truespec... I need to add complexity to my decision tree.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

5 hours ago, B.Boston said:

Yes - I must say that I wish that I had never traded my G400 LST in for the 410 - it's not that the 410 is bad it's just that I feel like the other head was a better fit for me.  I'm anxious to get refit for driver.  I think that I'm leaving some yards on the table right now.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Big deal for me with these is that AV Orange Raw comes as a no charge custom option. That's massive, as is the fact you can get either the 55 or 65. I love the Orange but the cost always shied me away. Ping shoots to the top of the board.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

This one is a legit keeper. Had an LST 10.5 since December, and I'll for certain getting the Max to try, as well as another LST. They got this line right, no doubt. The irons, on the other hand.......nope, no thank you.....

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

1 hour ago, Berg Ryman said:

Big deal for me with these is that AV Orange Raw comes as a no charge custom option. That's massive, as is the fact you can get either the 55 or 65. I love the Orange but the cost always shied me away. Ping shoots to the top of the board.

How'd you find out it is no cost shaft option as opposed to an upcharge?  I'm not seeing overall cost yet. But interested to determine the best shaft options.   I hit the head at a fitter last week and it was excellent.  I was at 105 club head speed and still hitting 300+ drives 100 swings in.

:taylormade-small: M2 Driver Second hand (looking for a new driver)

:taylormade-small: M2 Tour 3-wood (savior club)

:taylormade-small: M1 Irons 5-PW

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy wedges inherited from my Father-in-Law 52,56,60

:ping-small: Tyne 2 Straight Arc

:Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos: 

18 minutes ago, EPetes said:

How'd you find out it is no cost shaft option as opposed to an upcharge?  I'm not seeing overall cost yet. But interested to determine the best shaft options.   I hit the head at a fitter last week and it was excellent.  I was at 105 club head speed and still hitting 300+ drives 100 swings in.

The no upcharge shaft options are listed on pings website 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

17 hours ago, Berg Ryman said:

On all that is Holy, don't overlook the Rogue White. That shaft is absolutely filthy to be a stock offering. 

Shank's Tentative 2024 WITB

O.B. Finder- Paradym Smoke Ai TD 9*/Ventus TR Blue 6X +1/D

FW- Callaway UW 17*/VA Composites Nemesys 7X

4H- Paradym Super Hybrid/Ventus Velo Blue 8X

5-AW- Apex 21 $-Taper 120S Blackout- (almost time for a new set of something....)

Spoons- Vokey Jet Black SM9 50.08 F/54.10 S/58.08 M Jet Black/Accra iWedge Tour (Until the SM10's drop)

Flat One- Bettinardi Hive Poison Kool-Aid Innovai 6.0

Left Dash ALL DAY/14-way Vessel Players 4 (Thank GOD they finally fully enclosed each club pocket)

1 hour ago, Shank Aaron said:

On all that is Holy, don't overlook the Rogue White. That shaft is absolutely filthy to be a stock offering. 

I won't, but I know it's not in my profile for optimum distance from past fittings. I've tried it in other heads, maybe I can mate it with the G425.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

I was able to take some swings yesterday with the LST/Rogue 7X combo, which would be closest to my Ventus black. Saw the same swing speeds between the LST and my Honma, but the ball speed from Ping couldn’t keep up with my TR20 460. I like the looks, the feel, the sound, the adjustability, etc of the LST. Nice club!

I’ll still do a full fitting when everything comes out to see if there’s a better match shaft-wise to pair with the Ping, and I’m still thinking I want to give the Max a SERIOUS go!!!! After seeing numerous people on YouTube get very similar results between Max and LST, these heads might be closer than ever before, which is a good thing!!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

16 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I was able to take some swings yesterday with the LST/Rogue 7X combo, which would be closest to my Ventus black. Saw the same swing speeds between the LST and my Honma, but the ball speed from Ping couldn’t keep up with my TR20 460. I like the looks, the feel, the sound, the adjustability, etc of the LST. Nice club!

I’ll still do a full fitting when everything comes out to see if there’s a better match shaft-wise to pair with the Ping, and I’m still thinking I want to give the Max a SERIOUS go!!!! After seeing numerous people on YouTube get very similar results between Max and LST, these heads might be closer than ever before, which is a good thing!!!!

That's an impressive feat for Honma!  Just goes to show the quality stuff they're putting out too.  I too and more interested in the Max after seeing close it has been performing to the LST.  I think it could give the Speedzone a real run for its money if it can keep up on the good hits and the MOI can add a little stability.  I'll be going to see my friend at the store soon, and from what he said they were upgrading their fitting bays to GC quads... so hopefully I'll be able to get some swings in too while I'm there.  

Hit the g425 LST today with stock shaft options and my fitted shaft. Did not like. Lived low on the face. Did not like the sound. Hit bombs with my g410 LST

No launch monitor numbers as I was outside but visually it was clear my G410 LST was going further and straighter 

when a club fits, it fits