Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

DQOTD: Does anyone make a golf bag that works WELL with push carts AND riding carts?

Middler

I have a conventional cart bag and it works well on a riding cart. But I walk once or twice a week with a push cart, and I have to mount the bag upside down to have the clubs themselves in the right orientation, which means most of pockets and zippers are facing down. I know this isn't a new issue, what am I missing ❓

I guess the BagBoy Revolver is supposed to be the answer...

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

I fight this as well. When switching from push cart to riding cart or back I pull all the clubs out and reverse the positioning so I can access all of the pockets. (Yes, that's a PITA!) I've tried multiple bags, plus played around with putting showroom bags on showroom carts in a quest for the grail. I'm curious about the Revolver as well as you. Summary: you're not missing anything. It's a problem for all of us.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I have a Sun Mountain H2No and it works for both push cart and riding cart.  It's a 15 slot bag & I keep the taller woods & hybrids in the middle slots and irons along each side so I don't have to turn the bag around when on the riding cart.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

24 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I have a Sun Mountain H2No and it works for both push cart and riding cart.  It's a 15 slot bag & I keep the taller woods & hybrids in the middle slots and irons along each side so I don't have to turn the bag around when on the riding cart.

I was thinking about changing the arrangement similarly. I need to try that and see how it goes.

The Revolver is heavy and seems nerdy, but it’s clearly one solution.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Siamese Moose said:

I fight this as well. When switching from push cart to riding cart or back I pull all the clubs out and reverse the positioning so I can access all of the pockets. (Yes, that's a PITA!) I've tried multiple bags, plus played around with putting showroom bags on showroom carts in a quest for the grail. Summary: you're not missing anything. It's a problem for all of us.

That’s what I’ve resorted to, but it’s a compromise to be sure. The alternate of leaving the bag upside down on my push cart leaves some pockets facing directly down - that sucks. My wedges are too short in the “upper” wells with the bag rotated 180. But I’d really rather not buy another bag though so I’ll keep swapping clubs 180 for now...

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1