Unique / specialized clubs in your set up

11 hours ago, Herts JoaTMoN said:

I'm thinking of getting an old f6 baffler to replace my current 5 wood also

I like it but I think I’m gonna replace it with a bigger headed 4w. Same shaft length though. Just want a little more forgiveness in the head

• Like 1

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

1 hour ago, Mr_Theoo said:

I like it but I think I’m gonna replace it with a bigger headed 4w. Same shaft length though. Just want a little more forgiveness in the head

I have done that but I don't like the flatter lie that playing with a shortened shaft results in which is why I wanted a club that's 41.5 stock length

• Like 1

Clubs.jpg.b0df6f27ceedde9520a039cf9e3b013b.jpg

Currently deciding what shaft to use in blank cells...

I ended up getting the old black one 4 utility and a SZ 4/5 adjustable one hybrid to put up against each other for a spot in the bag.

The utility as a 5 and the hybrid as a 4 is also a potential option. just need them to a) arrive and b) open up the range in the UK so i can get some testing in now...

• 2 weeks later...

URGHH!!!! This lock down is driving me crazy.

I have set the one length SZ hybrid to 21.5*, and the one length black utility set to 22.5*, to put head to head to see which will be my get out of jail distance club but I cant test them anywhere. I figure those lofts would put them in similar launch windows. I would like to try them at a Top Tracer driving range first to get some baseline numbers in terms of carry and flight characteristics and play with the settings to maximize the distances with both. Then try them in different lies and off the tee etc. to see which i get on with better and which proves the most versatile.

I'm tempted to sneak on to a local golf course on one of the holes that are out of the way but knowing my luck i'll end up caught and fined. I'm losing my mind sitting around the house all day every day though.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Catching up on my MGS reading between periods of tonight’s lightning game.

I used to game two drivers when I played 90 percent of my rounds on a course in Indiana. Just subbed stuff in when I travelled to balance stuff out.

Talked about this with a friend in Saturday’s round. Since I don’t currently bag a hybrid and really only use 13 clubs I’ve considered

A. Putting a hybrid in the spot that I could chip with.

B. Putting a chipper in.

C. Putting in a dedicated big soaked sand iron.

Since I have the hybrid already it’s likely to be the first man in.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.