Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tiger the Documentary

RollingGreens

22 minutes ago, viking said:

Never a bad word about Bobby Jones, Jack N., Arnold Palmer, etc. true gentleman who appreciated all people from all walks of life, all races etc.

That doesn’t change the fact that you are comparing Tiger to a few golfers that you call gentleman. My point was the gentleman’s game analogy that you and so many others use as a way to look down on others is exactly what many consider what is wrong with the game.  

What Tiger did was wrong imo but that doesn’t change what he accomplished and how he changed the game. If you don’t believe he is the greatest simply because he doesn’t live by your standards so be it. Here is hoping you live a super clean life so nobody can throw stones at you sir. 

BNG OUT!

CA32558B-EE62-4DA4-A255-16C372428F98.gif

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

3 hours ago, viking said:

You have no documented proof of that. 

and you never will, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen

athletes of the 50s, 60s, and 70s enjoyed a free pass from the media. sportswriters traveled with teams, and there was an unspoken agreement to keep all reporting to what happened on the field/course/court if they wanted to keep their all access pass to the team and the players  

some of my biggest sports heroes were complete failures as men and husbands. mickey mantle was a drunk womanizer. the same with joe namath. michael jordan was (is?) a degenerate gambler and slept around on his first wife. muhammad ali has 9 children by 5 different women.  

it’s really only in the last 20-30 years that sports media has shifted from the sports end of the spectrum to the media side of things. now our favorite athletes can’t get away with forgetting to wash their hands after they piss. 

as far as i’m concerned, there is such a thing as too much access. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

case in point (NSFW):

5BD4C1D3-5F79-4CB4-BD35-40AA66A70F5D.png

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

I would be willing to wager if we took a list of certain things that we would consider “not good” or “nice” for lack of better words over half of professional athlete’s would be put into that pot.

Hell if I was a professional athlete and some of my past came up forget it. Not nearly as bad as this but we all have skeletons. Doesn’t change tigers prowess on the sport and how he changed the entire game

i would also argue if it didn’t blow up as bad as it did we wouldn’t even be talking about a documentary like this.

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

This thread was never meant to go in this direction. It was meant to have a discussion on the Documentary. Discuss the positives and negatives. Even the on and off satire. Create your own thread if you want to make a personal attack on Tiger and take him down but that was never my attempt. 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

11 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

I would be willing to wager if we took a list of certain things that we would consider “not good” or “nice” for lack of better words over half of professional athlete’s would be put into that pot.

Hell if I was a professional athlete and some of my past came up forget it. Not nearly as bad as this but we all have skeletons. Doesn’t change tigers prowess on the sport and how he changed the entire game

i would also argue if it didn’t blow up as bad as it did we wouldn’t even be talking about a documentary like this.

Think about Jon daily, his documentary is hidden under a rug in the attic compared to Tigers. Rarely anyone has seen it...

Titleist ProV1

5 hours ago, viking said:

Totally wrong I am very good tempered and don't troll. Just like the facts and this documentary spelled out the facts about Tiger good and bad a very balanced view.

I don't have any sports or entertainment or whatever heroes so no I don't know of any worse than Tiger Woods and likely you as well because you did not mention any nor has anyone ever. You have a blind spot for Tiger.

It is foolish to have sports or entertainment heroes and it is foolish to pay them so outrageously, they do nothing for society's well being and improvement.

Again Tiger was a great golfer and yes there are many people much worse as a person that Tiger, never said he was like Epstein or Weinstein, those scumbags are a league of their own.

Elin hit Tiger with the 9 iron on his wrong head though. I am done with this just want people to see the real Tiger warts and all and quite giving him a pass and dumping on Reed, Reed is decent husband and good golfer, Tiger is only one of those.

Your spinning what this documentary turkey showed us about tiger and what occurred with women. He didn’t go out and have sex with every woman because he could. He wasn’t a womanizer. It was his escape. The man was taught to do one thing and one thing only- play golf. He had minimal interpersonal skills and had major issues living a lifestyle outside of the course. In the clubs and with these women in his mind he was just tiger. He found a comfort zone and unfortunately it wasn’t  the best environment. He was flaws socially which I believe led to this demise occurring. He was essentially brain washed by his father. What he did wasn’t justifiable, it was terrible thing for a man to do to his family. He wasn’t the one that publicized it but it came out in the public. I took time to start this thread because I’m a fanboy both of tiger and documentaries that dive deeper. Just last week I watched icarus. I hate Russia for cheating in the olympics but a scientist who can beat the system the way the Russians did intrigued me.  

Edited by RollingGreens

Titleist ProV1

16 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

Just last week I watched icarus. I hate Russia for cheating in the olympics but a scientist who can beat the system the way the Russians did intrigued me.  

icarus was a great documentary 

17 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

icarus was a great documentary 

The first person view of blood doping, and the one on ones with Rodchenkov revealing the details were crazy. 

Titleist ProV1

I thought the doc was fair: Tiger had no real childhood to speak of, had a terrible role model for a father, and was stunted emotionally due to it. Our fathers are our heroes and models; and while Earl shaped Tiger into arguably the greatest golfer ever, he failed to shape him into faithful husband. I won’t judge Tiger for that; people already have. To me having your life unravel in the public eye (whether it’s self inflicted or not) is more than ample payment for his various and sundry infidelities. How many of us will ever know what it’s like to be able to get anyone you want, based on their fame? Lived that life and you remained faithful? By all means judge Tiger. Lord knows I’m not perfect, and with the amount of skeletons in my own closet I’m in no position to judge another man or his choices. My father told me “the difference between a man and a boy is regret”. It’s one of the barest truths the old man ever passed down to me. I’m a Tiger fan because I believe you can atone for what you’ve done in the past, and be a better man for it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

The issue I have with documentaries is that they very rarely tell both sides of the story. They have their own view of what is right, and what they want their viewer to "take from" watching their piece. Few ever present both and encourage you to think for yourself.

All I will say is that this is not a reflection on the way Earl raised Tiger. There's nothing in the dad manual that tells you to prepare your children for worldwide superstar athlete fame and how to handle women throwing themselves at you, legs first. The guy did 2 tours in Vietnam, in a time even worse than the current (in terms of racial inequality), and raised Tiger in a historically racist/prejudice sport and people are dumping on his name (RIP) because of an HBO documentary? That's just wild to me.

Tiger made some mistakes, and his family seems to have forgiven him for it, and that's all that really matters.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Watching the HBO documentary led me to read the book by Jeff Benedict and Armen Keteyian.  The documentary was largely based on this book.  Although, the documentary leaves out a tremendous amount of detail.  Absolutely shocked reading some of the garbage Earl got away with and manipulated people into.  And let's not forget 'Tida.  She was an absolute menace during Tiger's childhood.

If you haven't read the book, I couldn't recommend it more!