TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Putting Training Aid?

So this is my basement putting green.  End to end I can roll it about 11 feet.

IMG_5950.jpg.37c498a2a29f7fd1b0f363ef123b0bec.jpg

I typically roll about 50-100 putts a day, starting first with rolling 30 6-footers in a row (and start back over if I can't do it consecutively).  Drill wise, I subscribe to a Stockton style of putting, so my go-to drill is left hand only putts concentrating on keeping the putter low and square to the target line.

The problem (maybe), is that while I have plenty of drills and appropriate training aids (notable PlaneMate) for full swing, my putting practice and training is...putting.  I really think making gains in my putting will make the difference in my scores, but I'm not sure how to specifically train for it.  I can say that I tend to be very streaky and I often find myself searching for my setup, so I'm inclined to pick up a putting mirror to help ingrain my set up and work on start line training.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to invest in with regards to putting training aids?  If a mirror, are all mirrors the same or does anyone recommend one in particular?

Thanks.

Oh, and all those short putters around my ER2 in the pic are my kids' flatsticks...I'm not experimenting with length ha ha.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

PuttOut. PuttOut. More PuttOut.

I'm a believer. It's maddening, but the task of getting the ball to stop in the tiny hole is enough to keep you coming back and at least for me, sharpens my putting enormously.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'm a believer. It's maddening, but the task of getting the ball to stop in the tiny hole is enough to keep you coming back and at least for me, sharpens my putting enormously.

Thanks.  What is the particular aspect that PuttOut claims to train or help with?

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

I have a PuttOut and it was fun at first but I don’t use it much any more.

I just use my WellPutt mat, primarily to make sure my alignment is exactly what I think it is, and second for pace as the mat is in the same ballpark as my home course greens. I do use the WellPutt training programs which mix up distances and angles (slightly) - way more beneficial than the same length and line over and over IME. 

I’ve never used mirrors or gates so I don’t know if they’d help.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

In terms of mirrors I'm a big fan of the Back 2 Basics Golf Pro Path Putting Mirror. 

For a putting training aide, My favorite one is the Delta Putt. It provides great immediate feedback for how well you are returning the putting face to square. It has 3 levels of difficulty so you can see how well you are progressing. Any time my putting gets out of whack this has always gotten me dialed back in. Can't recommend it enough

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

6 minutes ago, DPattGolf said:

In terms of mirrors I'm a big fan of the Back 2 Basics Golf Pro Path Putting Mirror. 

For a putting training aide, My favorite one is the Delta Putt. It provides great immediate feedback for how well you are returning the putting face to square. It has 3 levels of difficulty so you can see how well you are progressing. Any time my putting gets out of whack this has always gotten me dialed back in. Can't recommend it enough

Haven't heard of that one, I'll check it out.  Thank you!

I agree with MPR that the PuttOut is great.  It helped me in two areas:

1.  Aiming "small" - getting it to settle in the perfect putt taught me to aim at a specific part of the cup on the course.

2.  Speed.  The PuttOut encourages you to putt with enough pace to get it to the hole and past it better than others.

A simple aid you can add is to put a sharpie line all the way around a ball.  Use that to line up and it will tell you if your strike is good.  Line going end over end to target, great!  Wobbly line, something in your strike was off.  Sometimes when I do this I'll try to putt to a distance, but not to a hole.  My goal is to putt the ball to where I have the ball lined up.  If you have the time to line every one up to a hole great, but if you just want to drop it down, roughly aim it and then line up to that I find I get more work on my delivery done that way.

I've never used a mirror, so I cannot comment on them.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

11 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

A simple aid you can add is to put a sharpie line all the way around a ball.  Use that to line up and it will tell you if your strike is good.  Line going end over end to target, great!  Wobbly line, something in your strike was off.  Sometimes when I do this I'll try to putt to a distance, but not to a hole.  My goal is to putt the ball to where I have the ball lined up.  If you have the time to line every one up to a hole great, but if you just want to drop it down, roughly aim it and then line up to that I find I get more work on my delivery done that way.

I would also 2nd this but take it 1 step farther in an ideal world by pairing it with a chalk line or laser line. 

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

After seeing the TXG review I am on the waiting list for this....

https://www.theputtingguru.com/

If it impresses the boyz in Toronto it is worth me taking it for a test drive!! 

err.....excuse me.....

It's really a belated Christmas present for SWMBO.  really it is...... I'm gonna wrap it and put a bow on it too!!  

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Kind of depends on what you are trying to practice.  some things I do/recommend

1. Mirror: Use it to help make sure you are getting in a consistent setup position
  2. Ball Gates/yardstick:  Use the gates to make sure you are starting the ball online.  Holes aren't important so you can use a 30' stroke and have the ball hit a pillow so it doesn't do any damage.
  3. Rubber Bands, putter gates:  Use these to make sure that you are hitting the center of the face

Speed is difficult to practice since you really don't have long putts. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

42 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Kind of depends on what you are trying to practice.  some things I do/recommend

1. Mirror: Use it to help make sure you are getting in a consistent setup position
  2. Ball Gates/yardstick:  Use the gates to make sure you are starting the ball online.  Holes aren't important so you can use a 30' stroke and have the ball hit a pillow so it doesn't do any damage.
  3. Rubber Bands, putter gates:  Use these to make sure that you are hitting the center of the face

Speed is difficult to practice since you really don't have long putts. 

Thanks.  Any specific mirror recommendations in your mind or is a mirror a mirror?

39 minutes ago, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks.  Any specific mirror recommendations in your mind or is a mirror a mirror?

I think a mirror is a mirror.  Probably better to get something a little bigger so you can evaluate both eye and shoulder position. 

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just bought one last night. Was considering one before but this post pushed me over the edge. 3' putts to the micro hole are like crack! Very addicting. I'm hoping after so many 3, 5, and 8' shots the hole will start to get bigger. Missing 3-5' putts is my nemesis.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Honestly, I think all putting mirrors are the same. No need to spend $40-$60 on one when a $20 one will do the same job. Though I do like the larger ones so you can see your shoulders and not just your eyes.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

On 1/15/2021 at 2:44 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Thanks.  What is the particular aspect that PuttOut claims to train or help with?

@B.Boston and @azstu324 have already chimed in with most of what I'd say. The short answer is that if you get good hitting the tiny microtarget, your line/pace control will definitely be improved on the course. And echoing azstu's post, there's a ton to be said for the merits of any training aid that gets you addicted to using it. It's obviously not for everyone, as @Middler's post indicates, but there are a lot of us who have found that it encourages us to get a putter in our hands, which is half the battle for short game/putting practice.

What I like is that it encourages the creation of games and contests. I had one for a while that started at 1': make three in a row, or one perfect, and you can go to on to 2'. Fail to make 3 in a row from 2', go back to 1'. Continue out to wherever you can put from.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

[mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] and [mention=76102]azstu324[/mention] have already chimed in with most of what I'd say. The short answer is that if you get good hitting the tiny microtarget, your line/pace control will definitely be improved on the course. And echoing azstu's post, there's a ton to be said for the merits of any training aid that gets you addicted to using it. It's obviously not for everyone, as [mention=75187]Middler[/mention]'s post indicates, but there are a lot of us who have found that it encourages us to get a putter in our hands, which is half the battle for short game/putting practice.
What I like is that it encourages the creation of games and contests. I had one for a while that started at 1': make three in a row, or one perfect, and you can go to on to 2'. Fail to make 3 in a row from 2', go back to 1'. Continue out to wherever you can put from.
I think we played a game like that called poison with a basketball in grade school.

Man I'm realizing how much work I have to do. Hitting the regular hole is becoming pretty easy from any distance but the micro target is a whole other level of skill that I'm yet to master. I'm yet to get multiples in a row.

The great thing about the micro target is that you're looking past the hole and not at it which should come in handy for pace. Attempting to hit the micro target not only helps with more accurate direction but ensuring that you don't leave anything short within 10'. There's no putt worse than a dead line putt that stops 2" before the hole.

I'm super stoked so far! Thx for the tip MPR!

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I have a Putt Out mat and the pressure trainer hole. The only thing I use them for now is to setup a steel yardstick so it doesn't scratch my floors and the pressure trainer is my ball return. 

The PuttOut mat develops a groove after maybe 1000 putts. Some people say rolling it back up fixes it, which didn't work for me. (Another guy told me to use a rolling pin on it... Seriously) Mine has 3 grooves as I alternated using the center and side lines. I can watch a 6' putt break 2 different directions when rolling slow putts down the mat. It becomes nearly impossible to miss the hole because the ball stays in the groove unless you are hitting it over 6" offline. The double break on these putts leads me to believe there is a certain amount of luck in hitting the perfect putt target. (You do need proper speed, but if the greens you usually play aren't 10+ like the PuttOut mat than it's probably not helping much). The consistent roll out off the pressure putt trainer can you experiment with the speed to die the ball in the hole vs playing it a couple feet past the hole. If you have no surface to roll balls on, it is a fairly cheap option but you could put a ruler on an area rug or some cheap $20 mat and save some money. 

Depending on the size, a steel ruler has a tighter tolerance and you can see your typical miss easier. If I was going to spend money on a putt out product it would be the mirror, since the gates are included. But I use 2 sleeves of balls inside or tees outside. This made me much more accurate than the Putt Out

Exputt is great for speed control, you barely have to move to retrieve your ball. You can hit 30 putts in less than 15 minutes from 5-50' and get feedback on your stroke. Great piece of kit if there is room in the budget. Hitting 70-100 putts is engaging and time can fly by, with the system randomizing distances as needed. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

On 1/15/2021 at 2:34 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

So this is my basement putting green.  End to end I can roll it about 11 feet.

I typically roll about 50-100 putts a day, starting first with rolling 30 6-footers in a row (and start back over if I can't do it consecutively).  Drill wise, I subscribe to a Stockton style of putting, so my go-to drill is left hand only putts concentrating on keeping the putter low and square to the target line.

The problem (maybe), is that while I have plenty of drills and appropriate training aids (notable PlaneMate) for full swing, my putting practice and training is...putting.  I really think making gains in my putting will make the difference in my scores, but I'm not sure how to specifically train for it.  I can say that I tend to be very streaky and I often find myself searching for my setup, so I'm inclined to pick up a putting mirror to help ingrain my set up and work on start line training.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to invest in with regards to putting training aids?  If a mirror, are all mirrors the same or does anyone recommend one in particular?

Thanks.

Oh, and all those short putters around my ER2 in the pic are my kids' flatsticks...I'm not experimenting with length ha ha.

I've personally used and recommend the EyeLine Edge Putting System (Rail & Mirror), but you can get the same setup for less by shopping around with different companies. Another recommendation is the Sklz Putt Pocket which effectively reduces the size of the cup. When used on a breaking putt, it can help you learn how to roll the ball in on the high side. I don't have a putting mat or anything at the moment and will simply put this down on the rug in our living room to putt, sometimes using a putting mirror, but not always. I no longer have the rail - donated it to my local golf course a few years back because I couldn't use it (effectively) with the SC Futura 6m I was gaming.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, BMart519 said:

Exputt is great for speed control, you barely have to move to retrieve your ball. You can hit 30 putts in less than 15 minutes from 5-50' and get feedback on your stroke. Great piece of kit if there is room in the budget. Hitting 70-100 putts is engaging and time can fly by, with the system randomizing distances as needed. 

Second the EXPUTT, if you are willing to shell out the cash for it. I have the PuttOut, too, but haven't used it since getting the EXPUTT.

Way too easy to roll 50 putts in less than 25 minutes. Love mine. Also love the stroke feedback as it's changed my putting tremendously since I got it in October. Path and face have gotten much better and repeatable.

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

On 1/15/2021 at 4:20 PM, Shapotomous said:

After seeing the TXG review I am on the waiting list for this....

https://www.theputtingguru.com/

If it impresses the boyz in Toronto it is worth me taking it for a test drive!! 

err.....excuse me.....

It's really a belated Christmas present for SWMBO.  really it is...... I'm gonna wrap it and put a bow on it too!!  

Darn you. I just dropped some money on this device because it looks awesome!

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

1 hour ago, joen said:

Darn you. I just dropped some money on this device because it looks awesome!

LEt us know what you think. Used to have a device similar but sold it becuase it kind of forced me into a specific posture. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you have $4 to spend I highly recommend picking up a metal carpenter's ruler at your local hardware store. Keeping 10 putts on a row on line for the full 4 feet is harder than I would have thought, and has exposed some flaws that I am working on.

Screenshot_20210203-232641_Gallery.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:ping-small: G430 Max HL Max Driver

:ping-small: G430 Max HL 5- and 7-Woods

:ping-small: G430 Max  HL 4-Hybrid

:titleist-small: T300 6-GW Irons

:ping-small: Glide 3.0 52 and 58 degree Wedges

:titleist-small: Vokey SM9 56 degree Sand Wedge

:bettinardi-small: BB-8W Putter

:titleist-small: ProV1x Balls

Semper ubi, sub ubi.

• 1 month later...

Just realized I never closed the loop on this.  Ended up grabbing an Eyeline Putting Mirror, wide enough for shoulder alignment.  I've been using it for about a month now and it seems to be beneficial.  I was finally able to practice outside this past Tuesday and found I was putting well and never had the feeling that I was searching for my setup, which I struggled with last season.

Thought about the PuttOut trainer but didn't pull the trigger.  Maybe later....

IMG_6467.jpg.7df166729777cf96fb8fc1cd270eac63.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg.448728e7fd59f874138d9327313a372d.jpg