Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

PXG 0211 driver complete bs lie about COG

Carl Bunch

And here is a perfect example of the why the MGS center-of-gravity reports are important:

The new PXG 0211 driver claims to have a COG of 5200 with cog 1mm below the neutral axis. (Jan 7 MGS new release)

But if you view the 5 years (2015-2019) of MGS COG data, you can plainly see that 5200MOI and 1mm below the neutral axis is in impossible territory. It would require weight below the surface of the ground !

PXG is flat out lying about their latest driver and Tony Covey is letting them do it on MGS.

Tony Covey might as well start accepting advertising $$ from manufacturers, because if he's just going to repeat their marketing lies to us, then he's basically advertising for them for free !

I believe that posting the exact same thing in another thread gets your point across, no need to make a duplicate post and a entirely new thread for this. 
I disagree completely and although the COG data may show the facts as you say it (I haven't looked as I just noticed the post), but relaying the talking points from PXG or for a matter any other company isn't taking or accepting advertising dollars. I am sure they will do their tests and put out a report in due time as you have asked for several times and while we wait we can have a productive conversation about the product itself rather then accusing MGS or Staff of something that is against its core goals and beliefs.  

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

image.gif.723f155239d43b70c45f604f5db5529f.gif

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

All Tony and MGS are doing is publishing the “press release” provided to MGS and every other golf media outlet about new clubs from PXG.

MGS has not come out and a verified any claims by PXG at all, it’s a press release pain and simple.

I can promise you that as soon as they can get their hands on the new PXG line they will put all their claims to the test.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

I’m bored so what the heck I will bite. 

I looked quickly at the results from 2015 til now and perhaps I missed it but where does it show or state that 5200moi and -1mm below neutral axis is impossible?

PXG even says that they found by raising the face height they could lower the cog.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

I’m bored so what the heck I will bite. 

I looked quickly at the results from 2015 til now and perhaps I missed it but where does it show or state that 5200moi and -1mm below neutral axis is impossible?

PXG even says that they found by raising the face height they could lower the cog.  

Look at the cumulative data (2015-2019).
There is no driver anywhere close to 5200 MOI and 1mm BELOW the neutral axis, even though several manufacturers have tried.

Cobra LTD showed the furthest back on the neutral axis you can go is about 4600MOI.
Ping and PXG have shown that you can max out MOI at 5600 by putting maximum weight at the very rear of the head, but COG is for sure going to be 2-3mm ABOVE the neutral axis, because that weight itself is above the neutral axis at the very rear of the head.

Since the neutral axis starts going into the ground (and going into the ground even quicker with a 10.5* + head), you would need weight below the surface of the ground to get the COG 1mm below the neutral axis at 5200 MOI.

If PXG made their face taller, all that does is raise the COG and bring it forward, because the face is the heaviest part of the head.

3 hours ago, TBT said:

All Tony and MGS are doing is publishing the “press release” provided to MGS and every other golf media outlet about new clubs from PXG.

MGS has not come out and a verified any claims by PXG at all, it’s a press release pain and simple.

I can promise you that as soon as they can get their hands on the new PXG line they will put all their claims to the test.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Are you sure ?
MGS has had access to all the 2020 models and haven't produced COG data on any of those.

32 minutes ago, Carl Bunch said:

Look at the cumulative data (2015-2019).
There is no driver anywhere close to 5200 MOI and 1mm BELOW the neutral axis, even though several manufacturers have tried.

Cobra LTD showed the furthest back on the neutral axis you can go is about 4600MOI.
Ping and PXG have shown that you can max out MOI at 5600 by putting maximum weight at the very rear of the head, but COG is for sure going to be 2-3mm ABOVE the neutral axis, because that weight itself is above the neutral axis at the very rear of the head.

Since the neutral axis starts going into the ground (and going into the ground even quicker with a 10.5* + head), you would need weight below the surface of the ground to get the COG 1mm below the neutral axis at 5200 MOI.

If PXG made their face taller, all that does is raise the COG and bring it forward, because the face is the heaviest part of the head.

So without testing anything yourself and with no proof other than it has never been done before, PXG 0211 is complete BS?  We get you want MGS to do the COG test but come on man. Your title and thread are more baseless than PXG’s 0211 claim. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

37 minutes ago, Carl Bunch said:

Are you sure ?
MGS has had access to all the 2020 models and haven't produced COG data on any of those.

Since they haven't produced the report you want,  isn't the best option to do it yourself.   Let us know your findings. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Since they haven't produced the report you want,  isn't the best option to do it yourself.   Let us know your findings. 

I'm fine with MGS not being able to produce 2020 COG Report because of the pandemic.
But when Tony just regurgitates PXGs near-impossible claims, and then lies for the benefit of PXG, I'm going to speak up.

1) PXG makes claim that driver is 5200MOI and COG 1mm below neutral axis. Now that claim, if true, would be groundbreaking. There is no other driver in the past 5 years that has even come CLOSE to that territory on the MOI/COG Neutral Axis chart.

2) Having done all of the COG data and analysis for MGS over the past 5 years, Tony would (should) have noticed this immediately.

3) Toney Covey then LIES to support PXGs claim. Tony says that the PXG driver would have the same MOI/COG as the Ping G410 LST, which is absolutely NOT TRUE. MGS data shows that the Ping G410 LST has a COG almost 4mm ABOVE the neutral axis. 

Either Tony misread his own data and misstated the comparison to the Ping G410 LST (and is also missing the near-impossibility of the PXG MOI/COG claim), or Tony is intentionally lying for the benefit of PXG.

Can we have a mod close or merge this thread as this point or topic is being argued in another thread and posts are being duplicated in another thread which is arguing the same point? I don't feel it is particularly beneficial or productive conversation here regardless, but certainly no reason to see it twice. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

@Apolloshowl: that's a fair request. Every should go take this discussion to this thread: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/40529-2020-driver-center-of-gravity-report/

In general, there's no reason to post virtually the same comment in two or more different threads.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures