TESTERS WANTED! ×

Who's your YouTube Go To Club Guy...

TXG. I was initially a big fan of Peter finch and Rick shiels but more recently I’ve become annoyed with Rick. I like more of the objective info TXG provides 

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 9deg Kai' li Red

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 13deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:taylormade-small:Stealth 2 15deg Aldilla Rogue Silver

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 4-PW Nippon Modus 120s

:vokey-small: SM8 54 and 58deg Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

:titleist-small: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Titleist ProV1

:ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Stewart Q Follow Electric Caddie

:callaway-small: 300 PRO Rangefinder

Official Nippon Regio B+ Driver Shaft Review

Official Stewart Q Follow Review

2 minutes ago, RollingGreens said:

TXG. I was initially a big fan of Peter finch and Rick shiels but more recently I’ve become annoyed with Rick. I like more of the objective info TXG provides 

I also enjoy watching the no laying up content. Pretty good travel content, decent golf content and it can be quite funny

Titleist ProV1

For reviews, I like Rich Shiels and TXG.

Peter Finch is always good to watch. I like Matt Fryer for lessons. (Yes British heritage)

I like watching Chris Dennis and James Robinson. Chris is excellent with technical short game stuff, course management and riles James up pretty good.

For fun stuff, I enjoy watching Good Good, some of those boys can play.

I also like Golfholics. I like their course Vlogs because of the competitions they have. Guys vs girls. That kinda thing. They include everyone.

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

26 minutes ago, JerBooth said:

For reviews, I like Rich Shiels and TXG.

Peter Finch is always good to watch. I like Matt Fryer for lessons. (Yes British heritage)

I like watching Chris Dennis and James Robinson. Chris is excellent with technical short game stuff, course management and riles James up pretty good.

For fun stuff, I enjoy watching Good Good, some of those boys can play.

I also like Golfholics. I like their course Vlogs because of the competitions they have. Guys vs girls. That kinda thing. They include everyone.

The very underrated Golfholics called out!  All but completely forgot to mentioned them previously.  I enjoy them as well. 

Also, Alex Evans and Golficity are both decent to watch as well.  Though Evans doesn't do club reviews.  He's more a good watch for routines, practice thoughts and his constant banter with Paul Wharing as well. 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

10 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

The very underrated Golfholics called out!  All but completely forgot to mentioned them previously.  I enjoy them as well. 

Also, Alex Evans and Golficity are both decent to watch as well.  Though Evans doesn't do club reviews.  He's more a good watch for routines, practice thoughts and his constant banter with Paul Wharing as well. 

I totally forgot about Golfcity.

I also don't mind Paige Spirinac. She does a really good job of course stuff and lessons.

Driver - :callaway-small: Mavrik w/ Aldila Rogue White 130MSI 60X

3-Wood - :taylormade-small: RocketBallz 3 HL

Hybrid - :callaway-small: Apex 2 w/ Kuro Kage 65g Stiff

Irons - :callaway-small: Steelhead XR's w/ KBS Tour-V 90 - 5-PW, AW - Stiff

Wedges - Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter -   default_taylormade-small.jpg.f51b0863b47c9f7d3e2ffc3583a5d3da.jpg  Spider S #1 Platinum/White

Grips - Golf Pride Tour Velvet Midsize

Ball - Srixon Z-star.....Q-Star in Spring and Fall

Jeremy Booth

Swing easy.

I like rick shiels and TXG for clubs reviews. But I also like peter finch, bryan bros, andrew jensen, and the gm golf squad.

completely unrelated but im happy that tm brough out the sim2 hybrid also with the sim2 max hybrid.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 9* Ventus Red Velocore (Reg)

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 3-wood 15* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Blue (Reg)

Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 3hy 19* + 4hy 22* (flat setting) Tensei Ck Red (Reg)

Irons: :taylormade-small: P7mc 4-P (2* flat) Nippon NS Pro (Reg)

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 50,55,60 SB (2* flat) True Temper Dynamic Gold S200

Putter: :cameron-small: Phantom 12

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer

Launch Monitor: Flightscope Mevo+

1 hour ago, BNewton51 said:

Golficity has picked up the content recently. Really enjoy the Titleist content they have posted with reviews for the new drivers and woods

Titleist ProV1

Yeah, I mean you could say that Crosfield went from being a Mizuno fanboy to a Srixon fanboy but at least when he was Mizuno, it was because it seemed like he genuinely loved the brand, whereas now it seems like Srixon sponsors the videos and he's pushing the product because he's paid to do so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Don't forget his quick stint with Titleist. IMO, he probably needed Titleist more than they needed him whereas his current sponsor might need a little more help in the recognition dept.

These days it's difficult to tell if he's more interested in getting paid by youtube.. or his sponsor (Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics). Back when he was pre-sponsor, it seemed like his content had more variety and depth. It wasn't always a challenge to prove how less expensive cleveland clubs are as good as anything else. Or how lesser-known Srixon or Xxio clubs are as good as anything else. This is coming from a guy (me) who plays Maltby Irons and a Cleveland HB putter so I'm obviously a fan of lesser-known underdogs dukeing it out with the biggies. I just can't buy that there's not an agenda of some sort.

Hell, rename the show "How Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics are as good or better than the others" and I'd probably watch it because at that point the message is more clear.

the more I practice, the luckier I seem to get..

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

4 hours ago, azstu324 said:

Don't forget his quick stint with Titleist. IMO, he probably needed Titleist more than they needed him whereas his current sponsor might need a little more help in the recognition dept.

These days it's difficult to tell if he's more interested in getting paid by youtube.. or his sponsor (Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics). Back when he was pre-sponsor, it seemed like his content had more variety and depth. It wasn't always a challenge to prove how less expensive cleveland clubs are as good as anything else. Or how lesser-known Srixon or Xxio clubs are as good as anything else. This is coming from a guy (me) who plays Maltby Irons and a Cleveland HB putter so I'm obviously a fan of lesser-known underdogs dukeing it out with the biggies. I just can't buy that there's not an agenda of some sort.

Hell, rename the show "How Cleveland-srixon-Xxio-Asics are as good or better than the others" and I'd probably watch it because at that point the message is more clear.

Love the Maltby shout out!

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

TXG is my top choice , but the content the 2nd swing folks have been putting out lately has been good. I also like the reviews from Sophie Walker from Golfalot, my swing speed is more in her realm than the TXG guys realm.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

12 hours ago, azstu324 said:

I would 100% agree with everything you said there.  You can see an obvious and not so great transition in his channel over the years.  He's essentially chased off almost all of the folks that made him a success... Coach Lockey is the only left over still with him, but in truth they do work great off each other.  

But yes, I agree.  He panders to the sponsors he's currently with so that he can maximize his revenue.  Not that I disagree with that in full, because obviously this is a Job for him and he has to make money.  BUT the authenticity gets called into question an awful lot when you're not saying "hey I am with these guys but honestly these are better.."

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Don't watch a lot of the you tubers, most of their reviews are too long & drawn out to sell more advertising and many are biased. TXG seems to be fairly neutral, but even their reviews get a bit tedious for me. I did watch a recent 2nd Swing Golf review comparing 4 generations of Callaway drivers to put the "Our longest driver ever" claim to the test which was quite good.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Love the Maltby shout out!
Gotta represent son!

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I would 100% agree with everything you said there.  You can see an obvious and not so great transition in his channel over the years.  He's essentially chased off almost all of the folks that made him a success... Coach Lockey is the only left over still with him, but in truth they do work great off each other.  
But yes, I agree.  He panders to the sponsors he's currently with so that he can maximize his revenue.  Not that I disagree with that in full, because obviously this is a Job for him and he has to make money.  BUT the authenticity gets called into question an awful lot when you're not saying "hey I am with these guys but honestly these are better.."
If anything, Lockey is the reason I'd watch any of his more recent stuff. It was sad to see Roy (Rory) and coach Dan part ways. All of these guys brought more fun and whimsy to the show and made it feel like less of a sponsorship special. Even though Lockey is a Callaway guy, he isn't trying to pretend that he's something else.

Lockey is always good for a silly laugh and golf needs that sometimes.

MAXFLI  Tour CG

On 1/18/2021 at 8:53 PM, BadgerGolfer said:

Yeah, I mean you could say that Crosfield went from being a Mizuno fanboy to a Srixon fanboy but at least when he was Mizuno, it was because it seemed like he genuinely loved the brand, whereas now it seems like Srixon sponsors the videos and he's pushing the product because he's paid to do so.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

To be fair, before when he was Titleist, he always gave the Srixon irons high marks and wondered why more people didn’t sell them. He seems to be brand agnostic. I also miss Dan. Unfortunately his new channel doesn’t do it for me

I love TXG, but sometimes feels they are pushing the latest even if it isn’t much different than last year’s. Except for the SIM 2. That was truly damning with faint praise

Edited by Rchang

WITB

TS2 10.5 

M2 3HL

Mavrik Max 5W

Titleist 818 4 hybrid 

Mizuno JPX921 HMP 5-Gap

Mizuno S19 56

Maltby TSW 60

Bobby Grace Shiloh putter

On 1/16/2021 at 9:23 AM, zrumble said:

Hands down my favorites are TXG and Alex Etches. TXG has the highest production value of the group, Matt destroys the ball and Ian is brilliant. Alex has good insights, but is absolutely hilarious. I'm not a huge Rick Shiels fan, IMO he likes clubs that fit his swing and nothing else. Mark Crossfield is good, but doesn't have the production value of TXG.  

On 1/16/2021 at 9:34 AM, sirchunksalot said:

You ain't kidding, he has me rolling sometimes with his humor. Just started watching his Callaway Epic Speed video and he opens with this gem. Screenshot_20210116-113110_YouTube-01.jpeg.0c0ea2fcfb027018e9e3a25ec4df8111.jpeg

This is guy is great.  His delivery and comedic relief is refreshing.  Recently found him during YT sessions while trying not to fall asleep during work at my computer.

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Speed TD LS 9* / Ventus Blue 6X

Fairway: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 16.5* / Motore X F1 7X

Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 19* / Atmos Blue 7S

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 4i, JPX 921 Tour 5i-PW / Rifle 6.0

Wedges: :vokey-small: 51.11F RAW, 55.11D RAW, 59.07M RAW / Rifle 6.0

Putter: :tp-mills-1: GSS Dale Head Custom 34.5"

Ball: :titelist-small: 2021 ProV-1X

This is guy is great.  His delivery and comedic relief is refreshing.  Recently found him during YT sessions while trying not to fall asleep during work at my computer.
I love how he severely downplays his own game. Talks like he's a mediocre ball striker at best...

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Just now, azstu324 said:

I love how he severely downplays his own game. Talks like he's a mediocre ball striker at best... emoji2955.png

Totally agree.  very self deprecating, with a little tongue in cheek...

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Speed TD LS 9* / Ventus Blue 6X

Fairway: :callaway-small: Epic Speed 16.5* / Motore X F1 7X

Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 19* / Atmos Blue 7S

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Forged 4i, JPX 921 Tour 5i-PW / Rifle 6.0

Wedges: :vokey-small: 51.11F RAW, 55.11D RAW, 59.07M RAW / Rifle 6.0

Putter: :tp-mills-1: GSS Dale Head Custom 34.5"

Ball: :titelist-small: 2021 ProV-1X

6 hours ago, Rchang said:

love TXG, but sometimes feels they are pushing the latest even if it isn’t much different than last year’s. Except for the SIM 2. That was truly damning with faint praise

I hear you on that. Made me think that they really only talk about what they can sell - kinda their job - so, I don't fault them for it. 

TXG seems to do the best they can at showing what is available and how it can be optimized, so I really appreciate them for that.

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

I also enjoy watching Rick Shiels channel, as I've gotten some good tidbits from him.  Mr Shortgame is very easy to grasp with his concepts, and seems VERY excited to pass them on LOL The TXG guys are good also, I like how they do an all around review of the whole system and how it all comes together. 

One guy I haven't seen mentioned (yes, I read every post) was Danny Maude.  Very straight forward and easy to understand.  

One YouTube golf couple I've really enjoyed watching lately is Stacked Golf.  Young couple that goes garage saleing and Goodwilling looking for used clubs.  Then they go play 4-5 holes with their latest find.  Kinda fun.  

Great thread, I need to check out some of these other people that were suggested. 

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

On 1/18/2021 at 8:12 PM, Buffly said:

Golf Mates is your YouTube channel then. Any video with 'OMP' is right up your alley.

https://youtu.be/ruqM2W3HLsE

Thanks.  I had never seen these guys before.  I like that OMP barely stops walking before he hit it!

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 1/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, BNewton51 said:

Perhaps, I could be in the minority here but I watch a ton of golf related content on YouTube.  As such, when new clubs come out or there's some head to heads I love to tune in and here what people have to say.  Now, there are a ton of jokers on there but I'm curious which if any you like?

My personal favorite's are Rick Shiels and Mark Crossfield for club review content.  Shiels hands down to me is the best in the business.  I feel like he gives you more the brutally honest response than the sometimes "my sponsor" filled responses you hear out of Crossfield.  However, TXG has really grown on me and I tend to watch all of their content as well and enjoy the two of them.  

Just curious what everyone else likes. 

BTW, they all reviewed the new PING Driver and I've never heard almost a unanimous response of this is the most consistent and best driver I've ever hit.  DAMN them to hell!  Now I'm looking at testing that and possibly making a change. 

Look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts and chat. 

My favorite is probably Rick Shiels

:cobra-small:Radspeed 10.5*

:titleist-small:TS 15* 3 Wood

:mizuno-small:CLK 19* Hybrid

:mizuno-small:JPX 900 Forged P-4 Irons

:titleist-small:SM7 52*&56* Wedges

:titleist-small:SM6 60* Wedge

:taylormade-small:Ghost Spider Putter

:bridgestone-small:Tour B XS

TXG, Shiels, Crossfield, for club/ball reviews...

Shiels as well as Andy & Pearce at Me and My Golf for instructional vids.

They all help in a round about way.

I love the vids where Shiels, Pete Finch, Andy and Pearce put out playing golf together too...nice to see that all of these guys actually communicate.

Sim Max D

Sim Max 3 Wood

TM P790 Irons

7 minutes ago, Brando said:

TXG, Shiels, Crossfield, for club/ball reviews...

Shiels as well as Andy & Pearce at Me and My Golf for instructional vids.

They all help in a round about way.

I love the vids where Shiels, Pete Finch, Andy and Pearce put out playing golf together too...nice to see that all of these guys actually communicate.

If we're going for instructional vids, Danny Maude deserves a mention. His tip and drill videos have been immensely helpful. 

Rag tag bag, but it does the job. 

Taylormade R1 driver.

Ping G400 3 wood.

Cleveland Halo Launcher 3 hybrid.

Cleveland CBX launcher irons (5-PW). 

Assorted wedges (48, 52, 58).

Odyssey White Hot Pro 2.0 putter.

6 hours ago, MNUte said:

If we're going for instructional vids, Danny Maude deserves a mention. His tip and drill videos have been immensely helpful. 

I love his stuff and it's been immensely helpful for me personally in trying to learn to relax in the golf swing. I love his enthusiasm and how he's able to simplify swing thoughts.